Am i sort of close???

Previous topic - Next topic

astral man

Hey guys it is me again, I was just wondering if I am close to projecting.   :?

I was laying in my bed last night, and i had relaxed totally, and for the first time i was actually loosing the awareness of my hands and legs and that, and i started trying a method of mantra, the LA RA SS one. I was just saying it, and all of a sudden I began to fell this tingling sensation on my hands, and it would come and go and then it would go to another part of my body, like my legs, and then it would come back to my hands, and when i tried not to pay attention to it, it would go to my hands, arms, and legs.

Even though the sensation was very mild, I was wondering if that is a sign that I am becoming closer to being able to project.  :?
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

astral man

Oh and also guys, when I had lost the sense of feeling in my hands, it felt like they were sort of floating around, just above and next to my hands, this also happened last night for the first time when I was trying out the mantra.

I tried to make them move around even more, but then I sort of moved my physical right hand a tiny bit, when trying to do it. Also If i was to try and use the rope technique from there, would I have to be able to move my astral hands to the imaginary rope or would I just imagine that I was trying to pull myself out of my body??? :?

I was wondering if I am getting really close to being able to project, as I really really really want to experience it.  :D  :D  :D

Thanks

hejira2004

It's been a while since you posted--how are you doing?  If you're describing what I've felt before---that slightly out of sync feeling--then in my case, yes you're close.  Just keep up.  You can't fail to succeed if you do.  For me the main thing has just been the desire.  It's exciting, and that stands in the way at first, but keep trying and it'll work out.

astral man

i have been gradually progressing, and i reckon in a couple of weeks i will have my first obe.....so exciting

heter

Quote from: astral mani have been gradually progressing, and i reckon in a couple of weeks i will have my first obe.....so exciting

Me too dude. I'll see you there  :D

The Night Mist

QuoteMe too dude. I'll see you there

I'm on the same path...I hope I'll do it in 2-3 weeks, I plan too...se ya there :P :P :p

*Follow the yellow brick road...follow the yellow brick road...Lalalalalalalalla....we're off we're off we're off we're off...we're off to see the astral...the wonderful astral of...uhm...OZ :P :P :D *

torjan

Sounds good, keep going.
When i loose feeling in my arms and hands, sometimes my right arm "feels" very twisted, like if it were twisted around, pretty strange feeling.
I've still yet to remember or have an OBE but i'm still trying most nights before i goto bed.

Draege

Its important to ignore all physical sensation (or lack thereof). Feelings of 'not feeling', floatiness, vibrations, twistedness, spinning, etc etc are all signs of progress, but you must be sure not to dwell on them.

astral man

this may sound a bit contradictory, but am starting to think that i am not actually progressing.......I mean that when i try to project, all i can get is the body really relaxed, and heavy, and a floating feeling over my hands.....and that is about it, at the moment i rarely get the tingling sensation on my feet and hands.................can someone give me a really reliable method for projection please?, one that you have actually used to project with, with success.

Thanks guys

hyp3x

Hey, I'm new and tried a few times. I don't really know what I'm doing, but I try to tell myself that I'm leaving my physical body/plane. And I will feel that I am entering another state but cannot get there.If anyone could refer me to some techniques or show me any Cd's that aren't hoaxes and actually can put you into an astral state, I would really appreciate it.

Also.. I'm a bit curious about this. When I would get relaxed and feel getting closer, my heart would start going very fast. I then tried to get my breathing better, but I've read somewhere that because your astral body doesn't breathe, your physical body can become confused and reason for the heart going. Not too sure.. but any help is appreciated.  :)
Noobie.

Draege

From my experience, it seems almost anything and everything you try could *potentially* lead you to strong vibrations aka a near-exit. I would almost go so far as to say that whatever it is you try to do to cause an OBE while meditating has no effect at all. In other words, sometimes you will come close to projecting, and sometimes you won't- irregardless of what you try. Now with THAT being said, I think the true development comes in being able to make that next step. Going from near-exit to actually exiting. Some people have the natural talent to make that step, and for some people it takes time to be able to do it.. Weeks, months, years? I have found that the mindstate you must create for yourself to make that step consciously is a very very precise one. This mindstate can be obtained easily by interrupted sleep (the way most people have WILDs).

However, the most important thing no matter what what what, is that you keep trying. Keep meditating, stay interested. My opinions above may or may not be true- there's really no way to know for sure I suppose. But if they are true I would say its still better for the members here to encourage people by telling them "you're close!" Because ultimately progress comes with time and that is really the true key here regardless of the specifics of what you do or do not do when meditating and whatnot.

So time is key. However, your first projection may be just around the corner. It varies for -everyone- so you never know. So with that, good luck!

hejira2004

The main thing is not to give up.  I used to become aware that I was in my astral body out of a dream fairly regularly; only recently have I had success in real-time zone projection right outside of my body, and I think once you start doing it, it gets easier and easier.  Like since my first one about two weeks ago, I've had five.  The thing that finally got me out was, and this won't work for you tonight!, sorry, just complete disgust with my body; I just wanted out; I had a very strong emotional state going (chronic pain).  I don't know how you simulate that but maybe if you just keep wanting to.  The other thing that has been good has been to be too fatigued to get excited when I started exiting my body.  How about if you start playing around with your sleep schedule so that you're really sleepy when you try?  Frustration seems rather inevitable when you keep trying something and you're not getting apparent results, but everytime you try, you get closer.  I'm reading Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce right now--he talks about alot of techniques, but, you have to try one that works for you...

Leannain

lol you people advance fast.
i'm stupid so it takes so much =/

heter

Quote from: Leannainlol you people advance fast.
i'm stupid so it takes so much =/

We probably are just so enthusiastic about it, that we note any little change and consider it to be a major improvement. We probably come off sounding  better at this then we really are.

heter

Quote from: astral manthis may sound a bit contradictory, but am starting to think that i am not actually progressing.......I mean that when i try to project, all i can get is the body really relaxed, and heavy, and a floating feeling over my hands.....and that is about it, at the moment i rarely get the tingling sensation on my feet and hands.................can someone give me a really reliable method for projection please?, one that you have actually used to project with, with success.

Thanks guys

Me and you are quite alike. It could be due to the 1 year age diffrence, but maybe not. Anyway at times I have compelte confidence in myself and take every little sighn as great improvement. But then I might doubt myself to due this fact, and sort of mentally bring myself backward in progression. I'm thinking all it is is an mental block.

Anomaly

Ive been practicing for about 2 months and have gotten to a near OBE by having a LUCID dream and started to exit. When I knew i was in astral i could only open my eyes about half way... like i was drugged or something and my body felt like it was extremely heavy. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Since then my luck of that happening again has diminished. I either end up getting itches on my body, I keep waiting for something to happen and get too sleepy, or I finally relax my body enough and a cat comes waltzing in and ruins it for me. For me this is something that I truly need. All my life Ive felt life to be "not right". The economical, Commercial, and Governmental Structure of the world seemed to be way to primitive and self indulgent within itself and that drew me farther away from thinking this is all the farther we have advanced as human beings. I know there is more we humans can do and APing is the key. It holds a vast warehouse of Information that is just waiting for us! Its just getting there is the hard part, But I guess if it was easy then anyone could do it....and if anyone could do it it wouldn't seem that special eh?
--| welcome to the shades of the earthbound.. if only you knew you only see grey and not that of the full spectrum that is. |--

Leannain

all people can do it,it's just a matter of how hard you try  =)))

off-topic;love Sephiroth ;)