An introduction of sorts...

Previous topic - Next topic

gwciv

After waiting for years, literally, I'm posting to a community of people with this same interest, fascination or possibly obsession. The latter is what it is for me at this point.

I began researching OBEs when I was in the Army several years ago. Like any good lower-enlisted, I'd fallen asleep in my office during work hours and had been enjoying a really good nap. I had been sleeping in a chair in a cold records room next to my office so nobody would walk in and see drool rolling down my mouth, or even worse, my NCOIC (Sergeant).

It was the last thought/fear that caught my attention. I realized during my nap that my sergeant was going to be coming down soon and he wouldn't be happy seeing me snoozing. I tried to wake myself up... it wouldn't work. I kept trying to move my fingers, my eyes were twitching and there was this buzzing and shaking going on all around me.

In short... I freaked.

Shortly after this very frightening episode of my life I began researching what would cause such an experience. I quickly uncovered OBEs and began reading about it. The realization of what occurred actually brought back memories from my boyhood when I'd be playing superhero under the night sky, flying over rivers in a costume that I'd crafted through my imagination. I had ever remembered how I'd lost control and fallen in to the river.

This was a wonderful realization, I felt I'd reacquired a part of my childhood and at the same time to got a large piece of the picture as to who I am.

But study turned to frustration. As a married man, I spent nights reading and experimenting hoping to unlock what had actually been natural to me. Years went by, I began to forget and finally let the corporation consume me. My mind became a slave to the work clock and all that I could think about was overtime, overtime... need more overtime. Even my wife began saying 'You need overtime, get more overtime.'

My marriage crumbled like many, for the same reason as many, however the years of overtime had taken it's toll: I no longer knew who I was. I had to learn to sleep alone again, I had to figure out what I liked to do again, I had to figure out what to do in my spare time.

Now in my thirties, I began doing what many 'suddenly single' men do, I started dating. Nope, I wasn't even remotely ready, but I needed some woman to take my ex-wife's spot and tell me what to do. But thankfully after a year or so of horrifying dating experiences, I started to work on me.

After a few more years I got to know me again, I began to figure out what I really liked, what I really enjoyed and then all of the sudden I remembered something... A memory of a young man napping in his office, a scene so reminiscent of a Norman Rockwall painting, but with something more profound under the surface.

And that brings me to the present time. I've begun trying again every night, I've even begun Hemi-syncing... but it's almost as if I'd closed the door on that part of my boyhood and it doesn't want to come back.

I roll like a log and pull on the rope, but I only seem to give myself a migraine. I read and read, but nothing seems to happen.

I know that there's very little that one can say, it's a personal journey and only you can teach yourself how to ride this bike. Dad can't push you along until you start pedalling, you have to do it. I guess I'm hoping that by writing this that it it might be a catalyst in my astral development.

Maybe someone has some insight or maybe you're just trying as well and want to read a similar story. Either way, if you have something to say, I'd love to listen.

Mez

The middle part of your story is really sad. On a brighter note, YOU CAN OBE! But you're certainly right about your qoute "only you can learn to ride this bike". My suggestion? Try phasing.

A peice of wire can have several different voltages on it simultaneously they are just "out of phase" with each other and so do not interfere with eachother... Basically when phasing astrally what you are doing is focusing 100% of your attention away from the physical (i mean, toward the astral/non-physical) and by doing so you will become "out of phase" with physical existence and voila! You should now be in the astral.

For some very detailed information read Frank's Phasing Resource.

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

Brolyson

You've written down some very important areas that I would like to emphasize:

The Laws are at work, your life is going exactly the way it is because you have been living your life unaware of the Universal Laws that are at work. The best thing you can do right now is to identify these Universal Laws and make changes in your life according to their flow. Perhaps the obsession of your OBE is driving you away from what is also of utmost importance in your personal growth and evolution, your Inner Body Experience. From my experience, I've found OBE much more enjoyable while being at balance with my inner self. It's like breathing in and breathing out, some breaths are held in, some are held out. Knowing yourself can intensify any experience as a creation of yourself in the now. The "past" is only a polarity of movement and can be worked on right now within your self.

Your past, from your childhood to your failed marriage, thus leading to your search for self is where you are right now. The Laws are telling you that you have much work to be done with your "past" in the now before you can move forward. This is working on your foundation, keeping what is "good" from your past, and ridding that which is bad and does not serve you now. By "good" I mean that which serves you now, and by "bad" I mean that which does not serve you now. By "ridding", I mean "fixing" or "coming to an agreement with self" as to how you currently think and feel of the situation at hand.

Think less on obsession, and focus more on self experience, your experiences will speak for themselves.

Peace,

Jeffrey

This reality is a paradox, so what now?

gwciv

Thanks for the information on phazing. It was really helpful! I hadn't really looked in to it at all.

As far as my obsession goes... It's really been a touch and go thing, I put this down years ago because I had other things to deal with. Since then I have dealt with a lot. Prior to my marriage I spent a year working at home alone just to get to know myself better. I had the same idea that you suggested.

Now it's a different deal though. Lately I've had one or more suggestion to look back in to this again. Some from people, some just mere coincidence like books showing up, etc. It really feels like I'm supposed to be moving forward with this now.

I do appreciate your input.

PeacefulWarrior

Quote from: Brolyson on November 12, 2007, 17:32:04
You've written down some very important areas that I would like to emphasize:

The Laws are at work, your life is going exactly the way it is because you have been living your life unaware of the Universal Laws that are at work. The best thing you can do right now is to identify these Universal Laws and make changes in your life according to their flow. Perhaps the obsession of your OBE is driving you away from what is also of utmost importance in your personal growth and evolution, your Inner Body Experience. From my experience, I've found OBE much more enjoyable while being at balance with my inner self. It's like breathing in and breathing out, some breaths are held in, some are held out. Knowing yourself can intensify any experience as a creation of yourself in the now. The "past" is only a polarity of movement and can be worked on right now within your self.

Your past, from your childhood to your failed marriage, thus leading to your search for self is where you are right now. The Laws are telling you that you have much work to be done with your "past" in the now before you can move forward. This is working on your foundation, keeping what is "good" from your past, and ridding that which is bad and does not serve you now. By "good" I mean that which serves you now, and by "bad" I mean that which does not serve you now. By "ridding", I mean "fixing" or "coming to an agreement with self" as to how you currently think and feel of the situation at hand.

Think less on obsession, and focus more on self experience, your experiences will speak for themselves.

Peace,

Jeffrey

First of all, I couldn't have said it better than Jeffrey did, excellent suggestions mate!  I too found myself getting a bit obsessed about OBE and instead focused on the spiritual covenants I've made with God (whom I call my Heavenly Father).  As I become whole as a person, the OBE experience didn't necessarily become easy for me to achieve, but it was put into context.  I say focus on doing the right thing (as trite as that sounds, it's true and we face choices between good and evil every day), on your family (in your case perhaps the children you have from your first marriage), on helping other people, you physical well-being, your career, etc. and I think you'll find the OBExperience will come into focus.

Best wishes!

Daniel
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum