Angles / spiritual guides - all made up?

Previous topic - Next topic

desert-rat

As long as we are bring up names , I dont see Jose Silva .  I dont think he was in to a.p. or had a o.b.e. , but he was a pioneer in to self hypnosis .   In one of his books he wrote that when he went in to the service (WW2)    he was  asked   questions like " do you like girls ? " and "do you wet the bed ?"  .  He thought you could ask better questions than that .  The thought porcess got him in to how the brain worked . 
     When I type the name Dic* Suthphen (*=k ) the forum changes it to Willy , this seams a bit silly to me , another forums  changes it to penis .    desert rat 

todd421757

Quote from: Pauli2 on June 05, 2012, 05:51:15
If you would just state some comparison points, that would help.

The seth material can be summed up as follows:

"Because physical reality is nothing more than a projection of our consciousness, we create it in its entirety, and can therefore manipulate it at will by using our thoughts and dreams."

Campbell's My big theory of everything is another name for Seth's My personal reality. Like Xanth said, it is all a variation of a particular theme that has existed in various literature for many years.

Stookie_

Regarding angels and spirit guides: if you have one, more power to ya. If you discover it was really a part of yourself, more power to ya. If you don't have a guide and do it all on your own, more power to ya. It's amazing to get that far at all. If there is a part of yourself that manifests as an external guide, it's probably for a reason. That's probably one of the hardest things in analyzing someone else's experiences, is taking into account it may mean something and have an effect on a personal level for them that you don't understand. Though for Monroe's guides, we got to see the unfolding process as he discovered what it was. It was beautiful and personal and surprising for him. We should all find those surprising moments. The best things are the things we don't expect and can't imagine. The life-changing surprises along the way. Life-changing, not theoretical or philosophical.

Since my post was edited out and Monroe isn't here to defend himself, I'll reword things:

Quote from: Xanth on June 03, 2012, 22:43:23
...he never really understood even the basics behind what he was experiencing.  And that sucks, because people reading his books as their first source for this information are going to become vastly confused.  Such a shame.

It's implied that you know more than Monroe himself did, and that he throws people off. All I implied is you can say that about anyone, especially when they aren't here to defend themselves. If Monroe were here, would you have said that? If another person turned those same words around on you, how would you feel? Would you still feel the same about Monroe?

Xanth

No, that's not implied.

What's fact is that I gave my opinion on Monroe's conclusions.  Nothing more.  You can make up some implications from it all you want, but you'd be WRONG.  I'd have no problem discussing them with him to his face.  I've had lots of discussions with people on my IRC channel about my opinions and their opinions.  It's called "having a discussion"... nobody gets hurt feelings over it.

Lots of people here call me out on my opinions, I don't care, I either learn something from it which changes my opinion, or I don't. It's really that simple.  I have my experiences and my own personal truths.  If someone gets hurt feelings over my opinions, then they might want to question themselves... because that's where the problem lies.

todd421757

I have been singlehandedly hand tied by Oliver Fox, and I am loving it.  :-)

If someone wants to be a follower of Monroe, then that is their choice. I wish them success on their path.

Embrace,

I have never seen a guide or an angel in all my OBE's. I currently only believe in the macrocosm/microcosm (higher self/lower self) theory.

desert-rat

As for me I am a fan of my self , Monroe , Buhlman , Sutphen , and some others are just people that inspired me . I will see for my self .  As to Monroe there instute says he is still running it even tho he left the phy. in 1995 .  Some one might forward them this discussion and see if they want to comment . desert rat