Any good self-affirmation techniques for the day?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tongo

So being I'm off work and have some free time I thought to myself why not do some projection/OBE self affirmations throughout the day. I have heard they can be effective in helping you get to the state to project when you've spent all day or most of the day doing them.

I'm not exactly sure of how I want to try to project eventually but I think maybe getting to the right mind awake body asleep state at bed time may be worth trying. If I do happen to find myself indeed mind awake and body asleep when laying there at night, I can perhaps take it from there with which exit technique to attempt if I do feel it will be successful. What do you guys think?

I am hoping to get some advice on what to self affirm to myself through the day to prepare me.I understand it's not guaranteed to work still but it's worth a shot. I thought of perhaps repeating something like saying "mind awake BODY ASLEEP" every so often. Would this help pre-program myself do you think? Also for anyone who's attempted this, how often is a person generally supposed to re-affirm themself with a line like above is it once every half hour or 10 mins or hour or?!

Would like to hear about your luck with this method if anyone has had any with it. Thx all.

Nameless

The affirmation "mind awake body asleep" is indeed a good one. Here are a few others;
"I am aware in my dreams"
"I am lucid at all times"
"I project easily"

Just keep it simple. You don't have to repeat these all day long. Just do so every now and again and take a moment to internalize what you are meaning while you say it. I think the most important part comes at the end of the day just before you lie down to rest/meditate/project. Take a few minutes to reaffirm your intentions and then just let it go.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Tongo

Quote from: Nameless on November 07, 2020, 10:38:26
The affirmation "mind awake body asleep" is indeed a good one. Here are a few others;
"I am aware in my dreams"
"I am lucid at all times"
"I project easily"

Just keep it simple. You don't have to repeat these all day long. Just do so every now and again and take a moment to internalize what you are meaning while you say it. I think the most important part comes at the end of the day just before you lie down to rest/meditate/project. Take a few minutes to reaffirm your intentions and then just let it go.

Ah good. Can I ask if you've ever tried any with any luck or experiences?

Nameless

I have and find they do work however I prefer a different approach. I just talk to my helpers, just like I would you if you were sitting across from me. I simply state what I want to do and ask if there is anyone willing to take a moment and help me out.

Hope this does not confuse you. Everyone has to find what works for them.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

A proper affirmation can only be a beneficial thing. For most people, they see some benefit; for a smaller yet still significant group affirmations can be a huge benefit.

Plus it's free.

It's also a perfect example of putting "INTENT" into your practice. How serious are you about wanting this? The human subconscious is very much like a computer, it can be readily and surprisingly reprogrammed with simple commands or requests.

Like Nameless said, keep it simple. 1,2 or 3 short simple statements, simply worded. Present tense, positively-phrased (meaning no negative words like no/can't/won't/don't/never)...

You don't have to repeat it a hundred times a day. Choose a couple times when you are relaxed and not bothered by the day's thoughts, like as you are relaxing for a few minutes after first waking or when you go to bed. Writing down your affirmations can be another effective method to communicate with your subconscious; do it once a day if you feel like it.  Do these simple exercises for a week and see what the results are...modify it if your intuition says otherwise.

And as Nameless suggested, your affirmations can include a sincere request for assistance from your Guide(s). I have learned that likely all of us have Guides, and in many cases all it takes is for us to recognize the possibility and just ask.

It really can be that simple and may show incredible results.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Tongo

Thanks for you guys chiming in on this.

Had to ask, do you think its possible for anyone who hasn't had the famous 'vibrational' stage (like me) to perhaps use continious
determined self-programming methods to maybe induce it during bed time regardless of when exactly? then use this as a springboard
to project from?

EscapeVelocity

What you are doing is fine, but don't do it just  in the expectation of getting the "vibrations". That is just one of many "exit signs or symptoms" that you should be ready to explore. Monroe was likely the first to describe them so well, but that was because he was a true, natural talent at finding an exit, and the vibes were one of his signature "exit signs"...but that doesn't mean the vibes are the exclusive method for the rest of us. I first induced the vibes at age 13 but as dramatic as they were, I could not make them work even 25% of the time. Like you, I thought that was the best method. Over the next 30 plus years, I got into the 'vibrational stage' probably 30 times...sometimes I could make the transition into an OBE but mostly not. So I learned early on and a bit of the hard way that the vibes are not an automatic answer to making the transition...and I learned not to make my success dependent on that state, and I looked for and discovered others.

And once I began going to TMI, their process really made me aware of just how much we have to remain open to the many different ways to find an exit may present themselves. Thus, we get this great set of ideas started by Lumaza-

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

And the essential key is whatever exit sensation off this list that you notice...go with it, follow it and allow the experience to develop around the sensation. It may not be what you wanted or expected, but there may be a reason for that and a lesson waiting.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde