Any Helpfull hints?

Previous topic - Next topic

acidicstar

Hello all,

I have been reading quite a bit of stuff on the forum and am picking up a few techniques to try.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Last night i did a bit of relaxation stuff, like just focusing on my breathing and repeating to myself that i would have an OBE, i did this for about 15 mins after that i started to tingle a bit but my heart rate always starts to speed up and brings my awareness back, and i have to start again. So i then tried some brainwave generator stuff i think the boxed nirvana preset and the same kind of thing happened. So i figured nothing was really going to happen because i was trying too hard so i just decided to go to sleep. I eventually fell asleep for a period of time, and woke back up with the vibrations going full on with a kind of pounding sound in my ears. It freaked me out because i had been fully asleep before this and woke up into it, once again i lost it after that. Is there anything i could be doing to get this right?

Any help or thoughts would be awesome thanks!

acidicstar

come on ppl just a lil bit of insight would help me alot!!!

EscapeVelocity

We're not ignoring you; we're probably just jealous at your apparent success so quickly achieved. :-D

Seriously, that sounds like a good start! Don't get frustrated by the fact that for every single step forward, it seems that you come to a halt and ask, 'Okay, where do I go from here?' That's the way the process seems to work for most of us.

Although you didn't achieve an outright conscious OBE through your 'relaxation stuff', IMO you sent a strong enough message to your subconscious that it set up the proper conditions once you relaxed enough and fell asleep; then your subconscious 'woke you up', with everything ready to go. Nicely done and a big THANK YOU to your subconscious!

That may in fact, be YOUR technique to work with for awhile. You may try some others, but damn, that sure seemed to work right out of the gate.

2 ways to work with the vibrations. 1) Many people experience them as a fiery ring of vibrating energy that encircles the body and travels up and down, head to toe and back. You work on controlling the vibratory rate and the travel rate, slowly increasing both in frequency until you feel like 'lifting out'.
2) You feel the vibrations as a generalised, non-specific, whole-body vibration and just work on raising the frequency to the point where you try a 'liftout' (pick your own point as I still can't define where mine is).

This may or may not work the first few tries; don't get frustrated, it's a lot of small steps.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

acidicstar

Hey thanks so much for the response, i actually managed to do exactly the same thing again today! so as you said maybe that is my way of doing it for the time being, still its a bit of a shock to wake up into the vibrations, as apposed to being conscious(sp?) and feeling them happen. But maybe with more practice i wont lose them and finally be able to project but at least getting the vibrations is a good start.

I also have a hard a fair few sleep paralysis episodes, and once tried to get out of my body, half came out but got sucked back in.

One thing i did want to ask, when doing an obe from sleeping is it not as clear (as in more dream like) than one induced consiously?

Thanks for the help

CFTraveler

I'm going to add some things to what EV said.

Quote from: acidicstar on February 07, 2009, 20:09:03
Hello all,

I have been reading quite a bit of stuff on the forum and am picking up a few techniques to try.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this.

Last night i did a bit of relaxation stuff, like just focusing on my breathing and repeating to myself that i would have an OBE, i did this for about 15 mins after that i started to tingle a bit but my heart rate always starts to speed up and brings my awareness back, and i have to start again. So i then tried some brainwave generator stuff i think the boxed nirvana preset and the same kind of thing happened. So i figured nothing was really going to happen because i was trying too hard so i just decided to go to sleep.
This is your heart center being activated, and it's an indication that things are going well.  Sometimes we do get excited (especially when doing it for the first time) but your heart chakra probably was activated and getting ready to go.  That you woke up with vibes later tells me this is what happened.

QuoteI eventually fell asleep for a period of time, and woke back up with the vibrations going full on with a kind of pounding sound in my ears. It freaked me out because i had been fully asleep before this and woke up into it, once again i lost it after that. Is there anything i could be doing to get this right?
This used to happen to me all the time when I used binaural beats- they would just relax me (so I considered them meditation tools and not necessarily projection tools) and later on I'd have a projection.  Sometimes the next day.  It seems that some people have delayed reactions to them.  This is not a bad thing because it allows you to plan.  There is a chance that the vibes you woke up to were return vibrations, in that you actually projected while asleep and woke up to reentry.  Did you do any exit technique when you felt them?

CFTraveler

QuoteOne thing i did want to ask, when doing an obe from sleeping is it not as clear (as in more dream like) than one induced consiously?
It depends on when.  If you wake up, project, come back and go to sleep chances are it'll feel more dreamlike, but if you have one in the morning before getting up or one before going to sleep and you get up and record it it'll feel more real- because of the state of your conscious mind when you recall it.

acidicstar

Thanks for the replies everybody i am really appreciative,

I tried an exit method yesterday but i think i may have done it too quickly, it was weird i woke back up with the vibrations going on, and had the presence of mind to actually try and project but i think i was more worried about losing the vibrations, and in doing so tried to project too quickly instead of relaxing letting the vibes take place and projecting naturally. So i do think that maybe this is my way of getting to that stage so i might keep playing around with it.

Is it ok to try all of this at any stage during the day, say i have a day off work or whatever. Can i try multiple times during the day? i have read up on alot of topics around here and i get conflicting ideas so was just asking.

Once again thankyou for all your help

SnakeDoctor

im not sure if u can have more than one...assume if you have enough energy built up you could...

this topic helped me too, i've always wondered why my heart would start to pump fast. i'd start to concentrate on that and lose everything. have you tried the boat one? its where you picture yourself in a lake, your holding onto a rope attached to a speed boat. the boat starts it's engine and pulls you BAM your above your body. when you re-enter your body, get out of bed and tell us about it! you'll feel like you slept for hours when it could have only been 30 minutes

acidicstar

Haha that sounds like an interesting method! I might give it a try

I have read a fair few techniques on getting to the vibration stage through relaxing and all that, and the way im doing seems like it could be a bit random, as in it may work sometimes and not others. My short term goal is just trying to get the vibrations happening is that always a hard thing to accomplish for you guys or is it something with practice you can acheive all the time?

Thanks

Stookie

Vibrations are more of a side-effect. You can use them as an indication of your progress, but I wouldn't make them a goal. If you can get to vibes, you're way too close to say "finished!" yet. NASA wouldn't go 3/4 of the way to the moon and say "ah, close enough - we'll do it next time". Make projection your goal.

acidicstar

Ohhhhhh ! see i didnt realise how close i was to projecting once i get to the vibrations. Hahaha short term goal changed! Also another question i had (hahaha i am full of them) is atm i have just been laying down on my back and kinda just focussing on the blackness behind my eyes, just reminding myself to relax, and just noticing whatever images pop up behind there. If doing that is more like phasing will i not feel the vibrations and just "shift" a different state, it all seems a bit vague. So i thought i would ask!

Thankyou for all the help

CFTraveler

Sometimes you get vibes when you phase, so I wouldn't discount getting them.  So whatever works for you, go for it.

EscapeVelocity

Yes, the vibrations are almost always a wonderful indicator/signpost that you are close to an OBE, though not an absolute guarantee.

Also, you may find that, over time, the vibes begin to diminish in intensity or disappear altogether. Why, I don't know; maybe we just become so accustomed to them that they lose their prominence; maybe they're just a subconscious signal that we provide ourselves that we finally no longer need.

Another thing you mention is body position for OBE and yes, I would recommend experimenting with that. Try a more upright position, propping yourself up in bed or sitting in a recliner for an OBE attempt and see what that brings.

I got that idea from one of CFTravelers posts, that she uses a recliner frequently. It occurred to me to try it one morning and I had the most amazing phasing experience as a result.

Good progress acidicstar, I'm still jealous. :-)

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

acidicstar

Haha its funny, i have read on here that it takes up to a year for some people to even experience any vibrations at all, i havent had an OBE yet but getting to that stage is exciting because i feel like im getting closer to that goal. I couldnt imagine having to try for that long before getting the slightest indication that it was working.

I think i will try the sitting up position tonight, i think it may be harder for me to get anything on my back, because i ahd a few crazy sleep paralysis episodes that really made me freak out. Ive definately had someone sitting on the end of my bed a few times  :-o But through having those experiences i actually found out about AP and OBE so im pretty happy they happened. I tried one time to get out of my body during sleep paralysis got about halfway out, was a strange experience definately wish i had known about this fantastic forum becuase it would have made that an amazing experience (because i can remember it so vividly)

I was also curious if it is possible to induce sleep paralysis if i have already had it before? has anyone heard of doing this?

ANd once again thankyou to all of you guys for replying and giving such awesome advice!

acidicstar

Ok, tried a few different things tried sitting up and just concentrating on the phase method, didnt yeild any results from that. Then tried phasing again laying down same thing, gave up and went to bed. Woke up around 3 AM which is strange because that usually never happens, so i didnt open my eyes i just stayed in my position and counted down from 50 each number repeating in my head that i WILL project (e.g 50 ..... i Will project 49.... I WIll project) i did that run throught about 4 times and then went to sleep as this method seems to be the best for me.

So i was having this super weird dream and in it i was holding a beer and something clicked in my head that i was dreaming so i was immediately sucked out of the dream into the vibrations and everything, now the funny part is my astral hands were still holding the beer!!!!! hahaha and in my half groggy state i was going to try an exit method but was worried i would spill the beer lol  :-D (go figure that logic) so i woke myself up to put the beer down and my hands were by my sides whereas when i had the beer in my hand it was up near my chest!

So i am going to assume this is progress albeit rather funny!

CFTraveler

I recommend changing the affirmation style from "I will project" to "I rememember my projections"
First, it puts the action in the present and not in an unforseeable future, and assumes that you are already projecting, the trick it to be aware of it and remember it.

Steele

i believe this takes time you say you awoke into the vibrations and were startled. being startled is sadly one of my worst traits and it usually breaks my vibrational cycle. i think you will probably grow accustomed to these different feelings and acchieve some normality. until then good luck.

Steele

SnakeDoctor

haha acid...we must be related if you were worrying about spilling your "astral beer"!!

acidicstar

Hahaha honestly who wouldnt be!

I have to say that was a really strange feeling!

Maybe we need to make and astral bar for everyone to hang out at  :-D