Any way to change your unique method of APing?

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagar

Hi all,

So I've basically been able to project without hindrance.  The only problem is, it's only when I take naps.  It's great, no doubt, but I can't just take naps all the time.  I have too much work to do and it's unfortunately not practical. 
It's frustrating because it took well over a year to be able to project with some sort of proficiency, and now that I can, it's during a time I can't even do it that often  :x 

It seems to me that once you get you're unique method down - that's it.  That's your unique way of getting out. That's because once I figured out LDing was the most succesful for me (after all types of failures like Bruces method, the noticing method, etc), I tried all the LD techniques I could find.  Waking up at many different times of night (3 hours after sleep, 4, 5 and so on), meditating before bed, doing nothing before bed etc...  None of them worked until I discovered day napping by accident really. 

Do you think there's any way I can change this?  It would be ideal to be able to lucidly project during the nights with the same success as day napping. 
For the Love

EscapeVelocity

What you think is your unique method is not the correct understanding; you will be challenged to learn other ways to project; I would venture to say that your lessons are beginning. This is both frustrating and enlightening. Thinking about this possibility should expand your perspective. There are teachers following and guiding your progress...that possibility takes some getting used to.

Many of our early experiences happen seemingly almost accidentally, the state of mind necessary for an exit at this time is not necessarily completely understood, but we have some hints and so we instinctively find when and how to replicate that state. But it doesn't occur or can't be recognized at other times...that's really frustrating.

Try to identify and remember the mind state, the 'feel' during your successful attempts. Look to replicate that at other times; early morning maybe being the best opportunity.

In a deeper perspective, it appears that we are challenged, at least for awhile, in finding new exit methods after we have already established seemingly successful methods; many report this frustration, me included currently, lol.

I can run through 3 to 5 typically successful methods and get nothing. Talk about frustrating! I don't know if I'm blocked for some transgression or I'm being challenged to find something new...is it timing, is it technique?

I guess the question you might ask yourself is -What is so different about my nap exits that I can't reproduce it some other time?

Best of luck in figuring this out! You will figure this out, so keep your confidence! This is the continuing education that we are challenged with... -EV :-D

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

It may be an extra hours sleep will fix the problem. Its what you do during a nap,
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

floriferous

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 23, 2015, 02:56:05
There are teachers following and guiding your progress...that possibility takes some getting used to.

What I find more and more is that I may go into a meditation with one method planned but I make the shift via a method that I don't think came from me but rather a helper (in the form of intuition). For example I would never have thought exiting would occur by mentally moving by non-physical hands upwards. That's it. No other part of my body. When that came to me I just did it without analysing and it worked. Similarly the notion to simply imagine falling backwards from a standing position came in an insight which no way would I logically before an exercise think yeah im gonna try that...I think it could work well.

So I think there is this constant evolution of methods you adopt with maybe a nudge from the other side.

soarin12

Quote from: floriferous on January 23, 2015, 11:48:34
What I find more and more is that I may go into a meditation with one method planned but I make the shift via a method that I don't think came from me but rather a helper (in the form of intuition). For example I would never have thought exiting would occur by mentally moving by non-physical hands upwards. That's it. No other part of my body. When that came to me I just did it without analysing and it worked. Similarly the notion to simply imagine falling backwards from a standing position came in an insight which no way would I logically before an exercise think yeah im gonna try that...I think it could work well.

So I think there is this constant evolution of methods you adopt with maybe a nudge from the other side.

That's exactly how it works for me too.  When I've been projecting with one method for awhile, and just when I start to think, 'Ya, I've got this...'  it stops working and the only solution is to rely on my intuition to tell me what to do in the moment.  And like you said, the things that come to you are often things you'd never expect.

Every once in a while that 'nudge' from the other side becomes a shove . They have quite a sense of humor too!  Last week I woke up in the middle of the night and out of my lower peripheral vision, saw my body rise up and inch and stop.  It was so weird I didn't even understand what was going on.  Then it rose another inch and stopped...one more inch and I was immediately thrown over the side of the bed and onto the floor...  :-D

Sagar

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to try the extra hour of sleep.  I'll also be thinking more about what is different about naps that make me more succesful. 
And yeah you're both right.  Eventually, things just click. I've realized this more than a couple times.  There's aways some new frustrating challenge, and eventually it resolves itself with time, or a realization just pops into your head. 

Thanks!  :-)
For the Love