Breathing in an AP

Previous topic - Next topic

bluej

Hi everyone. For a while now I've been trying t o turn my Lucid Dreams into OBE'S. I've had a couple of successes but quite often what happens is, I feel for my physical body in bed and as soon as I feel it I wake up.
This morning I was having a lucid dream and I decided to try somethings else so I did the falling backwards technique- in my dream I stood still and then just fell backwards.
I go the sense that I was passing through my bed and then floor and really felt like I was AP'ing however everything was dark and I had this horrible feeling that I couldn't breath. This very quickly shocked my back to my body and I woke up,.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?,. I'n OBE's I've had before I could see clearly and I don't remember even needing to breath, let alone being conscious of it. I get that my LD could have just slipped back into an intense dream but again breathing is something that I've never struggled with in a dream,. I mean usually I can breath underwater/blow my head up and all that stuff in a dream,. so I'm a bit confused,. also me dreams are never never never black :/

Thanks in advance

All the best

JJ

Xanth

Quote from: bluej on January 22, 2015, 13:00:17
Hi everyone. For a while now I've been trying t o turn my Lucid Dreams into OBE'S.
Don't waste your time.  When you're in what you're calling a "lucid dream", you're ALREADY projecting. 
What you need to do is learn to place your Intent in order to experience someplace familiar to you... like your bedroom.
You don't need to do anything special beyond that.  :)

QuoteI've had a couple of successes but quite often what happens is, I feel for my physical body in bed and as soon as I feel it I wake up.
This morning I was having a lucid dream and I decided to try somethings else so I did the falling backwards technique- in my dream I stood still and then just fell backwards.
I go the sense that I was passing through my bed and then floor and really felt like I was AP'ing however everything was dark and I had this horrible feeling that I couldn't breath. This very quickly shocked my back to my body and I woke up,.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?,. I'n OBE's I've had before I could see clearly and I don't remember even needing to breath, let alone being conscious of it. I get that my LD could have just slipped back into an intense dream but again breathing is something that I've never struggled with in a dream,. I mean usually I can breath underwater/blow my head up and all that stuff in a dream,. so I'm a bit confused,. also me dreams are never never never black :/
Breathing isn't an issue.  You're not physical.  You're not breathing anyway.  :)

bluej

Quote from: Xanth on January 22, 2015, 13:08:42
Don't waste your time.  When you're in what you're calling a "lucid dream", you're ALREADY projecting. 
What you need to do is learn to place your Intent in order to experience someplace familiar to you... like your bedroom.
You don't need to do anything special beyond that.  :)

Thanks Xanth, the difference that I've noticed though between AP's and LD's is that in a Lucid Dream I have complete creative control over my reality, for example if i want it to be sunny I imagine its sunny and it is. The couple of times that I've got out of my body in what I think are AP's i seem to be exploring the 'real/physical' world in a non physical body - this is what I'm really really interested in.

Is it your understanding that through intent alone I can phase between the two?
(I've been using things like the rope/roll/float/ladder/fall techniques)

Xanth

Quote from: bluej on January 22, 2015, 13:20:37
Thanks Xanth, the difference that I've noticed though between AP's and LD's is that in a Lucid Dream I have complete creative control over my reality, for example if i want it to be sunny I imagine its sunny and it is. The couple of times that I've got out of my body in what I think are AP's i seem to be exploring the 'real/physical' world in a non physical body - this is what I'm really really interested in.

Is it your understanding that through intent alone I can phase between the two?
(I've been using things like the rope/roll/float/ladder/fall techniques)
They're arbitrarily labeled experiences.  They're the same thing.  There's no "phasing between the two", they're the same thing.

The only thing that's limiting (stopping) you right now is the belief that they're different and that you "must do something" in order to move between these two subjective labeled experiences you're having.

If there's one thing I've learned through my own experiences it's that when you're projecting... when you're experiencing the non-physical... things are NEVER as they appear to be.  Experiences aren't literal and can't be taken at face value.  What "seems" like you exploring the "real/physical world in a non-physical body" simply isn't the case. 

bluej

Quote from: Xanth on January 22, 2015, 14:38:48
If there's one thing I've learned through my own experiences it's that when you're projecting... when you're experiencing the non-physical... things are NEVER as they appear to be.  Experiences aren't literal and can't be taken at face value.  What "seems" like you exploring the "real/physical world in a non-physical body" simply isn't the case. 
Times that I've felt like I've been AP'ing I've done things like float above my bed an witness myself sleeping,. I did this if anything to prove to myself that I wasn't dreaming ya know,.
Are you saying that projections are always to the 'astral plane' and perhaps what I think is reality is construct in my own mind?

I was under the impression that Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming are dramatically different things,.

Xanth

Quote from: bluej on January 22, 2015, 18:06:21
Times that I've felt like I've been AP'ing I've done things like float above my bed an witness myself sleeping,. I did this if anything to prove to myself that I wasn't dreaming ya know,.
Are you saying that projections are always to the 'astral plane' and perhaps what I think is reality is construct in my own mind?
As I'll explain further below, all experience you have is of an (for lack of a better word) "astral" in nature, including this physical reality experience... none of it happens "in your mind". 
If you wanted to adjust that statement slightly and say it's "all in your consciousness", then I could probably go ahead and agree with it.  :)
Everything is collective.  There's only seemingly individual experiences and seemingly collective experiences.  The difference is like standing in a crowded room with a blindfold that block all light and ear plugs that block all noise.  Standing like that in a crowded room, you're obviously in a collective environment, however you'd probably swear that since you can't see or hear anyone else that you were all by yourself.  That's how the non-physical / consciousness kinda works.

That's why I kind of chuckle when people say there are these separate "individual" and "collective" areas of consciousness.  You're either simply aware others are there or you're not.  But "everyone" is always there at all times. 

QuoteI was under the impression that Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming are dramatically different things,.
To me, they're one in the same.  Some people firmly disagree with me... that's more than fine.  Everyone is allowed their own opinions.
What *YOU* need to do is have your own experiences first (many of them actually)... THEN attempt to draw some conclusions.

My own perspective is probably a little further beyond most you'll hear from people.  I don't believe labels such as dreams, lucid dreams, astral projections, obes, etc even exist.  They're not objective experiences.
Likewise, this physical reality is really nothing more than one of an infinite number of (for lack of a better word) "astral" realities.  What this means is that you're currently projecting your awareness to this physical reality in the EXACT SAME way you would fall asleep and project your awareness anywhere else.  No difference in the slightest.

So in my perspective, I view all that you can experience, be it this physical reality, or some other reality, as "Projections".

soarin12

Quote from: bluej on January 22, 2015, 18:06:21

I was under the impression that Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming are dramatically different things,.

From my experience, not dramatically different, unfortunately.  You aren't seeing the physical in AP, you're seeing an astral copy.  It looks the same as the physical with usually a few odd variations.  Out of place furniture is typical.  True validations like the playing card experiment or seeing what a person was doing/wearing and getting confirmation from them the next day, are few and far between.  More often, I've seen my family members in places they never were or doing things they never did. (at least in any time frame either of us could recognize)  I've only had two validations so far, and they were both precognitive experiences.  They happened one week after I experienced them OOB. 

So my thoughts on this state are -It's not impossible to see what's going on in the physical, but very difficult -certainly it doesn't come naturally.  I think when people do manage to see what's in the physical, it's a 'grace' given for a purpose, or because they've worked very hard on it. (example- remote viewers)  Probably if you believe you can see what's there it will have a positive affect. (an untested theory on my part, but a belief I hold due to other areas in my life where that works) 

Remote viewing (basically the same thing as RTZ AP) was confirmed to work by the army, who had a program going in the 70/80s (?) but it never worked well enough to be of practical use to them so they dumped the program.  -Just an example of the difficulty there.