anyone good with the keeping still method?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummage

I have been attempting this method lately although it does take some dicapline but does it generally work if you do it properly? the basic premise is to lay still on your back until your body goes numb enough to the point you simply do not feel it any longer. Maybe at this point vibrations kick in or something or other then you find yourself in the astral somehow.

I am eager to hear from anyone who uses this method and has had success and get some encouragement but does it really work that well generally? how do you generally know when to project?

PsychoticWolfie

I am absolutely ADHD like crazy and this method is actually the one I prefer. It sounds weird, but I've been attempting for 8 days and have made crazy progress. I'm honestly maybe halfway to projecting or more. I can stay in sleep paralysis for an hour and a half, and hold vibrational stage for 2 whole seconds now  :lol:

The key is to just think 'ragdoll' and lay completely limp. Ignoring itches is easy for me now and I don't try to stop twitches. I just let them happen and refocus.

Lumaza

Quote from: Gummage on April 17, 2016, 17:16:07
I am eager to hear from anyone who uses this method and has had success and get some encouragement but does it really work that well generally? how do you generally know when to project?
I think the mind awake/body asleep method is the most common taught by Authors of Astral Projection in general. I have used it as well and have found success.

The whole point of mind awake/body asleep is learning how to turn the physical off and shift to a non local state of consciousness while consciously aware, as it is with all techniques. You then may or may not encounter symptoms/signposts of a approaching shift. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html
This is when you can either attempt a exit method, like for instance climbing out of the body via a rope, a ladder, bouncing out on a trampoline, etc. or you could just passively observe everything that is occurring await a spontaneous shift.

Check out the "stickies" (threads in BOLD BLUE LETTERS) in this Forum and you will find all kinds of great techniques and advice for using all different techniques to achieve a shift in consciousness.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Astralsuzy

I use this method all the time.   It works but it can take time.   You have to be patient.   When lying down you relax more and more provided your mind is relaxed.   If you keep thinking things it can take longer to ap. 

Gummage

Quote from: Astralsuzy on April 17, 2016, 21:45:07
I use this method all the time.   It works but it can take time.   You have to be patient.   When lying down you relax more and more provided your mind is relaxed.   If you keep thinking things it can take longer to ap.  

The thing I am sort of afraid of is relaxing too much to the point where I am not thinking and my body is totally numb and I cannot feel it but yet because I am not supposed to really be thinking, then I will miss the opportunity or my cue to project because I would be too relaxedand unaware. I am hoping it just "happens" when I am deep enough but then I am thinking what if it doesn't and I have to prompt it to happen with my mind which could mean I risk breaking my non physical body awareness state and ruining my overall attempt.

PsychoticWolfie

Quote from: Gummage on April 17, 2016, 22:59:59
The thing I am sort of afraid of is relaxing too much to the point where I am not thinking and my body is totally numb and I cannot feel it but yet because I am not supposed to really be thinking, then I will miss the opportunity or my cue to project because I would be too relaxedand unaware.

That's a possibility but people need to honestly remember it's not like missing a bus :-P

You miss one chance to astral project, it's fine. No harm done, screw up as many times as you like. Retry and change the mistakes until you get success  :-D

Gummage

Quote from: PsychoticWolfie on April 17, 2016, 23:15:38
That's a possibility but people need to honestly remember it's not like missing a bus :-P

You miss one chance to astral project, it's fine. No harm done, screw up as many times as you like. Retry and change the mistakes until you get success  :-D

Well ok but I am still none the wiser on what exactly to do here. Do I maintain awareness or not?!?!?

Xanth

Quote from: Gummage on April 17, 2016, 17:16:07
I have been attempting this method lately although it does take some dicapline but does it generally work if you do it properly? the basic premise is to lay still on your back until your body goes numb enough to the point you simply do not feel it any longer. Maybe at this point vibrations kick in or something or other then you find yourself in the astral somehow.

The simple fact is that you and most people like you really don't understand what it is exactly you're trying to do.

I'd suggest first reading my book and then let me know if you have any questions: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

Astralsuzy

Quote from: Gummage on April 17, 2016, 22:59:59
The thing I am sort of afraid of is relaxing too much to the point where I am not thinking and my body is totally numb and I cannot feel it but yet because I am not supposed to really be thinking, then I will miss the opportunity or my cue to project because I would be too relaxedand unaware. I am hoping it just "happens" when I am deep enough but then I am thinking what if it doesn't and I have to prompt it to happen with my mind which could mean I risk breaking my non physical body awareness state and ruining my overall attempt.
You have to concentrate so you do not fall asleep.   You have to know your ap signs.   Quite often ap signs can be very slight but if you miss it you will fall asleep.   I am ap many times but I also fall asleep.   When I fall asleep I realise that I forgot to concentrate.   

Lumaza

Hmm, Perusing through your past posts here Gummgage, like I usually do before I reply to a member here, I see you asked a similar question back on June 28th 2014.  
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/waking_up_and_keeping_still_does_it_really_work-t44720.0.html;msg349045#msg349045

Did you not read any other replies from members then on this Forum? Those "stickies" I told you about in the link above do "answer" your question(s).  :? :? :?

Edit: Going back even further, you asked the question here as well. You even used the term "Mind Awake/Body Asleep" in the the title of your thread.  :? :? :?
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/quotmind_awake_body_asleepquot_technique_does_it_work-t35835.0.html;msg296726#msg296726
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Gummage

Quote from: Lumaza on April 18, 2016, 05:25:21
Hmm, Perusing through your past posts here Gummgage, like I usually do before I reply to a member here, I see you asked a similar question back on June 28th 2014.  
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/waking_up_and_keeping_still_does_it_really_work-t44720.0.html;msg349045#msg349045

Did you not read any other replies from members then on this Forum? Those "stickies" I told you about in the link above do "answer" your question(s).  :? :? :?

Edit: Going back even further, you asked the question here as well. You even used the term "Mind Awake/Body Asleep" in the the title of your thread.  :? :? :?
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/quotmind_awake_body_asleepquot_technique_does_it_work-t35835.0.html;msg296726#msg296726

You'll notice they are different techniques. One of them is about waking up and attempting and another is about going to sleep attempting it. This is something different.

PsychoticWolfie

If a guide for the keeping still method is what you want, then I guess I'll give you one. Although most people are cautious to give guides to others, because you're really supposed to listen to yourself and develop your own method. You should know more about what methods work for you than any other being in existence, even if you have no experience. I'm able to tell what will work for me before I even try it.

But at any rate, there isn't one single way to do any method. Each one has infinite different ways you can do it. But I'll give you my version of the keep still method;

I turn off my lights, make sure I won't be disturbed, and lay on my back. Arms down, not touching either of my sides but close. Legs far enough apart not to touch. Then I just go completely limp. I don't try not to move. I basically just make sure I'm not sending any conscious signals to any of my muscles. Involuntary twitches are fine, don't try to stop them, just stay limp and let the twitches pass. And keep in mind, the question your asking about staying aware? I don't think you understand that people do it both ways with equal success. I personally just stay aware of the buzzing in my head, that's what works best for me. Other people don't focus on anything. Whatever works for you. But if you're thinking that there's one specific way to do this, or one best way? Nope, there are infinite different ways to do each and every method, and nobody can tell you what's best for you. Only you can :)

PsychoticWolfie

And as for people saying you need to concentrate not to fall asleep? I couldn't fall asleep if I TRIED during an attempt. I've only unintentionally fallen asleep twice in my entire life, and they were both in the shower and not during an attempt  :lol:

Because everyone needed to know that. But yeah, people don't seem to realize how individual they are.