Dangers and Cautions?

Previous topic - Next topic

french_hustler

Ok, im registered to an other forum and we were talking about projecting and some member told me that many in his families passed away and all were practicing obe's.  Here's what he said:

QuoteThose of you who practice this should consider the long time consequences...I have friends and some family members who have passed on...the funny thing, they all died a peculiar way and all practiced this...there is one way that the bushmen do it, they have a problem wit somebody and decide to take there revenge by visiting that person by night and biting or scratching them...they can leave in the form of a wide variety of dark animals (mostly rats, owls and cats, hawks..etc) and upon arrival of that persons house will torment them through the night..I have studied this for about 3 years fully. When they are over, they will return to there body by going back to the house via flying if bird or scurrying if rodent...heres one thing...if that animal is caught, the person at there home who is projecting themselves into the animal to bid there deeds will never awake from the trance...the tribe people of South America and Africa take to breaking the legs or wings of the animal and going around the village to look for whoever it is that isnt up yet and badaboom...theres your culprit...

Then there is the more civilized projection...this leads into the spiritual realm which we do not belong yet if we arent dead...you guys who are into this, have you ever heard the phrase "thus the silver cord be loosed"??? There is a certain range that you can travel out of your body and there is a silver cord attached from the body to the spirit...when you go to far that cord is snapped and you are dead...i have some uncles who have died while sitting and practicing this during the night and never got up from his chair...i have a friend who tried stopping but was visited by night every day by his spiritual aquaintance who would first come nice and urge himn to come back until that spirit became moe aggitated through the nights and took to slamming his refrigerator or pulling his hair...just know what your getting into...if astral projection wasthat good, dont you think everyone would be doing it?

Is any of this true??  Tell me what you think cuz im kinda trippin; now.  Im so close to projecting, i get all those strong vibes but after having read that... i dunno if i wanna try to project anymore.  Thanks.

Tom

Robert Bruce explains that when doing astral projection it is a copy of the mind which goes out and not the original. He discovered this through his own experiences and then confirmed it with the experiences of other people. I have been out of my body, too, and am confident that it is safe. Astral projection is that good and everyone is doing it. The problem is that it is hard to learn to do it consciously.

rowofmushytit

this is a quote from Robert Monroe's Journeys out of the body:

Quotethe experience of an OOBE is usually one of the most profound experiences of a person's life, and radically alters his beliefs. This is usually expressed as, "I no longer believe in survival of death or an immortal soul, I know that I will survive death." The person feels that he has directly experienced being alive and conscious without his physical body, and therefore knows that he possesses some kind of soul that will survive bodily death.

This summed up my feelings after my first AP, and to repeat it one needs to possess impeccable will and no fear of death. To live like a warrior means to perform every action with full responsibility knowing it may cause your death. If anyone does not feel this way they should not attempt AP in the first place - if your will-power and conviction is weak, you will be destroyed out there.

As for the bushmen: AP should never be used for malicious purposes, as such actions demonstrate a weak-will power in the first place. Anyone who is evil is weak-willed, and is doomed on the AP. Evil corrupts those with an imperfect will after all - does it not?

In summary, the decision is yours as long as you can accept the fact it may lead to your death.
you'll never entirely understand yourself, since your mind, like any other closed system, can only be sure of what it knows about itself by relying on what it knows about itself[/color]