Appreciate any feedback on my AP experience 20 years ago.

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruff

About 20 years ago I had what I think is now an out of body experience or astral projection or maybe a vision but because I don't know what it was I thought I'd describe it here and hopefully get some feedback from those more experienced. In my teens I had a friend at uni who gave me a paper he had read on lucid dreaming and being curious I decided to practice. After about a year of keeping a dream diary as well as trying to induce a lucid dream I finally has success and got quite good at it. So then I moved onto astral travel but back then the only instructions were vague. I just tried to relax and to float to the ceiling. Well after 4 years of practice I finally had a amazing experience but it was by accident.

Every night out of habit I would practice trying to come out of my body. This particular night I'd gotten home late but practiced anyway. Eventually i gave up and rolled onto my side to go to sleep. As I was almost asleep I woke with a start as a ring of electricity ran from the top of my head to my toes like a 2 second scan. It didn't hurt but the energy was intense. I mean like static electricity from rubbing a balloon on your arm but 1000 times more intense.i sat up quickly and could see my dark room but overlayed with that was a jungle scene with tall trees and vines growing over a pyramid shaped building made out of stone. Maybe 50 m tall and wide. It was so vivid and so was the sound. As real as being awake I heard all the sounds of the jungle like birds and the insects buzzing around me. But the louder sound was a big jungle cat next to me that made me not want to turn around. I'm sure it was a puma though I didn't look it sounded the same as a puma on tv. It was a low growl but so real it made me fearful. But then I had a battle between fear of losing myself in the experience and wanting to soak it all in (I'd put 4 years of work in for this moment ☺). The more I concentrated on the scene the more my room faded into the background and the sounds got louder. I kept my nerve until the room almost disappeared. I was afraid i wouldn't be able to return so I closed my eyes tight and layed back down in the bed. I felt it go away and opened my eyes the noises and vision was gone. I never turned to see if I  could see myself asleep. It didn't occur to me.

I was fearful of trying again and put it out of my mind until recently 20 years later. So I've been reading about other people having similar experiences and just this week I've tried twice and experienced white flashes of light that shocked out of my calm state. I think I just need to keep trying but to remain calm like when I'm lucid dreaming. If anyone believes this was a dream I can 100% say that I wasn't.

Can anyone with experience in this help me out? What do you think i experienced? Was the puma a guide?  It didn't act agressively it was just next to me within reach.There wasn't a wealth of info 20 years ago and from what I've experienced some people say astral projection is like dreaming but I feel it was like I was awake. I feel like I've got to explore this as who knows if I'll get another shot. Thanks in advance.

EscapeVelocity

Is it an OBE, an AP, a vision or what? Early experiences and when you're not sure, who cares? Just throw it into that catch-all category of Non-Physical Experiences and sort it out later. But it certainly sounds like an experience that should confirm for you that something greater is available to your consciousness should you choose to continue.

Fear and confusion are necessary hurdles to overcome; it's not easy at times. Always know that you are safe and jump in.

These experiences share certain commonalities such as the ring of electricity pulsing up and down the body: this is commonly called the Vibrations...sometimes they are there, other times not.

Other aspects are generally symbolic, kind of Jungian archetype stuff...still other aspects are purely subjective and for personal interpretation, drawn from your subconscious. You have to figure this out for yourself ultimately, and this can get a little tricky with over-interpretation.

Was the puma a Guide? Maybe not, more likely it was a Fear test of sorts, and you did react with fear at the time. This is what happens early in our experiences...we are simply challenged to flee the experience or exhibit the composure to remain within. But honestly, what do I know? It was your experience and it might have involved a little of both...if you had remained calm and unafraid and addressed the puma, maybe passing the fear test would have led to a Guide or your Higher Self speaking to you and imparting a little wisdom. Again, these experiences are highly interpretive.

This sounds like a great experience that involved some of what we call Phasing into an environment...it is pretty overwhelming when it happens the first few times...so you did really well! All the fear and doubts are normal...next time leave them behind...

And like you said, there wasn't a whole lot of technique to study 20 years ago...I know, I was looking for technique 40 years ago, lol.

Great experience! And welcome to the Pulse!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Gruff

Thanks Escape Velocity. It's affirming to know that I experienced these things before reading about them. Im going to be as ballsy as I can next time. The wife is out tonight so I'm going to give it a go now. It's hard to practice with someone next to you.

Szaxx

You'll always return from these experiences no matter what. The fear tests will be quite strong and they can be a simple thought too. These mental challenges are harder to grasp as nearly everything in the physical involving fear has some solid object connected to it
Stay focussed on the experience, ignore that ' I'm going to die' stupidity no matter how convinced you are its real. It's no more than an hallucination. You'll get audible ones too shouting all sorts of profanities. Laugh them off, they're false. Once you enter a scenario in the non physical (NP), it all fades instantly.
There's a lot of info on site in the stickies at the top of the submenus. Have a read if not already done so.
I started out on my own in the 60's before I could read, I learned the hard way and have travelled far and wide in varied experiences. I thought everyone could do it at one time, it appeared not then that changed to everyone can as long as they pass the fear tests. I like pumas, it appears they are no threat to you lol.
Good show of the correct mindset you need to get further.
Any questions, just ask, I'm sure an answer will not contain any growling lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Enigmatik

Gruff

Thanks szaxx. I'll post back when I have another "something" ☺ hopefully it won't take four years ☺

Gruff

About a week ago I astral projected during sleep. I peeled out of a dream state and was in my room and could hear my wife breathing next to me. I was tingling all over and there was a ball of energy that I felt flow past my head making gutteral noises which freaked me out and woke me up. My whole body was swimming in electrical energy which I realised I could easily direct. Then I got up and went to the toilet and this energy stuck to me but was still swirling around me. Then I had a stupid thought that the entity that was flying around me had entered my body so I started trying to push this electrical energy out of me which I couldn't do. I relaxed after awhile realising I was being silly and that it was more likely my own energy. Then I tried to ap and I was able to picture my own face so easily and so clearly. The instant I did this I felt a magnet like force pullin this energy body away from me and I was able to experience being both in my body and the electrical body at the same time. Then I got scared again and it stopped.

Now my goal is to become better at controlling my emotions and fears to be able to fully explore these experiences which are so few and far between.

Szaxx

Keep going, as you become more and more familiar you'll find these fears are all self generated and pointless. It's hard at first but you'll learn to go with the flow. The electrical energy may be the vibrations showing themselves, join them and move away from your body. The heart racing away is an illusion if you sense this. Ignore it as it's very common initially for almost everyone.
Fear and emotional control will be picked up once you know you always return and wake up. It's s big step to take but worth it. Once done it rarely affects you afterwards. They are just fear tests to see how dedicated you are effectively. Persistent training is what makes athletes and the art is no different. It's better in one way, you'll not hear ' no pain, no gain' lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Gruff