Are earplugs a deterrant?

Previous topic - Next topic

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Sandy, I would think that is entirely up to how you feel wearing them, if they don´t feel comfortable - then of course they may be an obstacle when practicing concious projection, just like other external "annoyments".
 Otherwise - no...   earplugs itself doesn´t hold that power what I know of ;) Anyway, they must beat the hell out of the sound of snoring...   try putting a pillow on your husbands face. if he´ll have it......
take care// Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Tom

It could be just that the snoring keeps your sleep lighter than it needs to be. Once you have caught up on your deep sleep with the earplugs maybe your dream recall will go back to normal. It sounds like you are not getting enough sleep and that as soon as your body is given the chance to make up for it, it is doing so.

Roger

That may be better than putting a pillow on your husband's face.  ;)

My wife snores, but I've discovered that when she sleeps on her side,
it stops.  She's been very accomodating and has been sleeping on it
more, even putting a pillow behind her back so she doesn't
unconsiously roll back.

andy

Hi Sandy,

My girlfriend *cliams* that I snore.[I never hear it and suspect she's making it up,;) ]
Anyways for the most part she wears these big wax plugs that she says block out every sound known to man.According to her she's dreaming more than ever and just short of having a lucid dream but keeps missing her ques.Also she's been telling me that for the last couple of weeks she keeps being awakened by LOUD CLEAR KNOCKS on the door.[she is new to the o.b thing and getting feedback from her practice]
I'd have to say that I agree with all of thee above posts!

Now as for all of you harmless snores out there.If you can learn to catch yourself upon the first couple of soooothing snort snorts,may I suggest that you use this precious moment to slip in a quickee.[get your mind out of the gutter,im talking affirmation here ;) ]
Its bonus time and every little bit counts!

Peace,Andy

Sandy

Thanks ALL you guys. I'll start wearing the earplugs again, They're the sponge ones that you squeeze & stick in your ears & they conform to your ears then & I feel like I'm deaf when I use them. I really like them.
Qui-Gon Jinn-I'm wondering how did you know I'm a female?
Tom you're right, I DON'T get enough sleep-how CAN I with all that snoring.
Roger, hubby snores no matter what position he's in but if he's facing AWAY from me, I don't hear it so good. But he KEEPS rolling over TOWARDS ME!
Andy-maybe sometime you'll snore so loud you'll wake yourself up.

Qui-Gon Jinn

How I knew you you were female(?), ever heard of male intuition Sandy?
 ....me neither, must have been something else..  

Roger

Sandy, ever try to "Breathe-Rite" nasal strips?  They can work
wonders to alleviate snoring.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Gongratulations Roger, you´ve earned a second star!!

Sandy

Yeah Roger, he uses Breath Right & he STILL snores loud. I've been using the earplugs now & I'll continue with them. Personally, I think he snores on purpose.

Tom

It could be sleep apnea, which is a serious medical condition. If the only concern is noise from the snoring, then earplugs should be enough. If the noise is not the only concern then maybe he should be checked for sleep apnea, which should not be left untreated if present.

DG

Hi Sandy,

I've read somewhere that the best earplugs are the ones of professional grade, those that the construction workers wear. They are expensive, of course, and may be a nuisance to sleep with, but the extra advantage is that you can meditate during the day in very noisy environment.

Regards,
DG.

Sandy

I sleep with a VERY loud snorer. When I use earplugs, I don't recall any dreams at all. Would using earplugs make it harder to get out of body? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.