Are vibrations/loud sounds essential to astral projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrysocolla

Yesterday I was meditating to try and astral project, When I just demanded myself to finally astral project. I started to feel like my consciousness was getting farther away from the physical, my heart rate was up, and I had pressure on my chest (BTW what does that mean? Does it just mean thats where I was exiting from?) but no vibrations, or even the sounds people claim they hear when close to exit.
Am I just not as close as I think I am, or do these things not really have to happen. I heard these things go away after being able to project in a while, and while Iv never been able to Consciously astral project, I remember as a kid, I would get the same kind of feelings as Im having now before astral projections, that I just assumed were dreams. Maybe because I did it as a kid I dont get these symptoms now? (but I never felt these symptoms even as a kid)
Any ideas? Thanks! 

todd421757

This is a very controversial topic.

I have been re-reading my OBE journal for the last couple of days.

I am starting to think it all comes down to how you perform your projection technique and the timing on when you separate.

I absolutely use no visualizations in my projection techniques. I only use direct focus on internal and also environmental sounds. I use my active will power to direct these sounds into sleep paralysis and then into vibrations. At this point I separate into my bedroom. This always leads to etheric projection also known as a classic OBE.

I am starting to believe anytime you use visualizations of any sort into your projection technique, you will eventually be projected consciously into a dream-like environment (phasing, meditation, hypnosis, astral projection, lucid/astral dreaming).

P.S.:
--example of internal sounds = whining sound in the center of head.
--examples of environmental sounds = portable fan sound, portable heater sound, wall-unit air conditioner sound, dehumidifier sound.

SirMike

No, not at all. You may or may not have them. But don't just stand still and wait for crazy vibrations or buzzing in the ear to happen. You may not even have  them AT ALL. All in preference.

Greytraveller

Hallo Chrysocolla
todd is basically correct. Vibrations and strange sounds are useful for getting in the right state to deliberately go OOB but they are NOT essential. Many people manage to have a conscious OBE without the noises or the vibrations.

Cheers  :-)
Grey

twilighter

I think it could all be unique to the individual person, as well as the individual experience. I have already noticed that during the 2 times I floated out of body, while I did experience vibrations, there were no sounds as I rose up. However, when I woke from a lucid dream, and elevated my astral/etheric head the noise was extremely loud and shrill. There have also been times when I was able to bring on strong vibrations and very loud noises as I lay still and meditated, yet still never made an exit. This of course, might have to do with my newness to APing. But either way, each experience has been different. One time, I even saw a glowing purple light on the ceiling, before an OOB. So I am starting to feel there are no hard and fast rules.

LPC

I agree with all of the above. There are no universal symptoms. It varies from person to person. Some people have vibrations and noises every time; some have none of these, ever, and just "float" out of their bodies almost effortlessly.

In my own case, I have found that over time the initial buzzing and tingling have practically disappeared. Some people, such as Steve Jones, hold that astral projection becomes easier with time, as the strong hold between physical, etheric and astral bodies gets more "flexible".