Arms have a mind of their own..!

Previous topic - Next topic

JABuna

Hey all,

So I made a topic the other day (right below this one) and brushed on this subject a bit, but I feel like this needs it's own topic..

When I get nice and comfy/relaxed when laying on my back, the very first thing that happens to me is my hands go numb. From there the numbness climbs up my hands to about my elbows, then my feet and legs lose feeling. Every now and again my whole arm/leg will lose all feeling. The "numbness" only happens to my extremities and I never lose feeling in my core. Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is movement once my arms go numb. Whenever this happens to me, my arms seem to try raising on their own. I've gone with this a few times, assuming they were my astral arms. I'll let them raise and eventually they will touch in mid air, only to find out that they're my physical arms (making me look like a damn mummy). They try to move every time this happens and I have to stop them, which messes up my focus. They always try to lift up, never anywhere else. I can't even attempt the rope method because my arms forbid it.

Every so often my arms will go phantom, feeling like they're in a cross position or trying to cover my manhood even tho they're at my sides. I assume those are my astral arms but don't know because I don't look.

Does anyone else ever experience this problem with their arms trying to move on their own? How do you control it without losing focus? Does it actually mean anything in regards to projecting, or is it just an annoyance? Some help/advice would be super duper (yeah, I said super duper).

Thanks a lot,
John
"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
-Michael Jordan

Lumaza

Quote from: JABuna on February 13, 2016, 22:02:10
When I get nice and comfy/relaxed when laying on my back, the very first thing that happens to me is my hands go numb. From there the numbness climbs up my hands to about my elbows, then my feet and legs lose feeling. Every now and again my whole arm/leg will lose all feeling. The "numbness" only happens to my extremities and I never lose feeling in my core. Anyway, that's not the problem. The problem is movement once my arms go numb. Whenever this happens to me, my arms seem to try raising on their own. I've gone with this a few times, assuming they were my astral arms. I'll let them raise and eventually they will touch in mid air, only to find out that they're my physical arms (making me look like a damn mummy). They try to move every time this happens and I have to stop them, which messes up my focus. They always try to lift up, never anywhere else. I can't even attempt the rope method because my arms forbid it.

Every so often my arms will go phantom, feeling like they're in a cross position or trying to cover my manhood even tho they're at my sides. I assume those are my astral arms but don't know because I don't look.

Does anyone else ever experience this problem with their arms trying to move on their own? How do you control it without losing focus? Does it actually mean anything in regards to projecting, or is it just an annoyance? Some help/advice would be super duper (yeah, I said super duper).
These are all symptoms/signposts of an approaching exit. I gave you a link to that thread on Exit Symptoms, did you read it?

One question I have for you is "What do you EXPECT to happen here?"  Your experience above shows a exit occurring and yet you come back here and question it again. Stay the course, see the whole thing through.

I think you are pressuring yourself way too much right now. I can tell by the fact that you are attempting to AP 2 or 3 times day right now. Take a break. You are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too anxious right now.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

JABuna

Quote from: Lumaza on February 13, 2016, 22:11:45
These are all symptoms/signposts of an approaching exit. I gave you a link to that thread on Exit Symptoms, did you read it?

One question I have for you is "What do you EXPECT to happen here?"  Your experience above shows a exit occurring and yet you come back here and question it again. Stay the course, see the whole thing through.

I think you are pressuring yourself way too much right now. I can tell by the fact that you are attempting to AP 2 or 3 times day right now. Take a break. You are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too anxious right now.

The question was about my arms physically moving on their own.. The problem was never addressed in my previous post. The link you gave me didn't have any suggestion for what I should do if my physical arms start moving by themselves. I'm practicing the advice I was given, but advice doesn't always solve the problem. I question it because that's what I expect noobs do. If it's not working, they ask for advice from someone who may have had the same experience and resolved it. Isn't that what forums are for?

So does anyone have any advice pertaining to the question asked?

Thanks,
John

(@ Lumaza, sorryI didn't mean to sound so passive aggressive).
"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
-Michael Jordan

Lumaza

Quote from: JABuna on February 13, 2016, 22:43:35
The question was about my arms physically moving on their own.. The problem was never addressed in my previous post. The link you gave me didn't have any suggestion for what I should do if my physical arms start moving by themselves.
How do you know it's your "physical arms" and not your "etheric arms" that are moving? That's why I gave you the link to that post. Many times others including myself have had the sensations of movement, be it the arms, legs, chest rising. etc. But even though it felt like it was my physical arms, it wasn't it was my "etheric arms" that were. The feeling is exactly the same and the only way you will know which one it is, is by opening your eyes and looking. Which in turn ends your attempt. Kind of a "Catch 22" there!   :wink:
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

JABuna

Quote from: Lumaza on February 13, 2016, 22:51:58
How do you know it's your "physical arms" and not your "etheric arms" that are moving? That's why I gave you the link to that post. Many times others including myself have had the sensations of movement, be it the arms, legs, chest rising. etc. But even though it felt like it was my physical arms, it wasn't it was my "etheric arms" that were. The feeling is exactly the same and the only way you will know which one it is, is by opening your eyes and looking. Which in turn ends your attempt. Kind of a "Catch 22" there!   :wink:

My arms end up bumping each other. I've opened my eyes and looked before and I saw my arms.. I don't know if they'd look the same or if the "etheric arms" would appear different? I don't know if it happens because I put so much focus on my arms once they start to move or what. I don't try to lift them, they just go haha
-Michael Jordan

soki

Hello Jabuna!

I also experiment now and then some jerking of the limbs though it seems to be a little different than what you experiment. When I get relaxed enough,  sometimes and quite often, one of my arms or legs will raise in a second as if I had been electrocuted and comes back to its place. It feels as if it is my physical limb moving, but each time I'm sure my body didn't really move. The trick is to simply ignore it. With time you will gey better at it. Simply continue what you were doing while ignoring it. At the beginning you won't be able to do so properly, but don't worry you'lle get better at it. You're on the good path keep on doing what you do, and don't stress yourself or it will result in failures. I do practice more than once a day but I don't get tensed mentally while doing so. Try to let yourself to go to sleep, even if you end up really falling asleep. I think you're staying awake too much because you're too obsessed with succeeding. I understand the feeling but try to LET GO and that really is the secret,  the key. Just do whatever you do but let go at the same time, will yourself to go to sleep while maintaining just a little bit of awareness. Release your tension and it will happen. The way you're talking your way too much tensed to succeed. Wanting it to happen is a good thing but when it's too much it becomes the only thing you can think about while trying to get there. And you're in fact doing the opposite thing you wanna do with your mind, which keeps you from going deeper into your meditation. Try letting go and I'm a hundred percent sure you'll make a step further and you will give us some good news about it. Learning to AP is a long process, don't will it to happen too soon or eventually you risk to become discouraged. Know that it takes time, and it is normal if you don't succeed right away. Your mind will learn with each experience even if you don't notice it don't worry about it. Be patient, relax,  and LET GO. Hope to have some of your news soon!