Astral awareness

Previous topic - Next topic

blidge

Hi all, been as long while since I last posted but had an astral experience that id like to share.

I went to bed at 11pm, listening to my affirmations via headphone. Woke up at 5am turned my ipod off and stayed very still.

Possibly 1hr or so went by feeling vibrations but trying to remain still. My head got very hot and my breathing increased. I wanted to have a wide awake projection but made a mess of it at the latter stages.

I turned over and soon fell asleep. The next thing I know I felt my body loose from the physical.

It was the weirdest sensation but I was like ripping my astral self away and the more I pulled I could hear a very high pitch sound the harder I pulled away from my physical self.
I wanted to roll out of my body on to the floor, and I did.
I repeated to myself awareness now clarity now energy now over and over again. Repeating this did the trick, full awareness energy and visual awareness.

Walked through my bedroom wall and out side.
I saw trees and bushes that looked lifeless so I imagined  roses on them and they started just appearing.
It felt real easy.

Question I have is how do I remain in control of myself when trying to have an ootb from an awake state?
Any advise appreciated, my first experience in a long time.

Regards
Perception is everything, because you think you see it, does it mean its true?

Lumaza

Quote from: blidge on May 26, 2020, 23:38:04
Question I have is how do I remain in control of myself when trying to have an ootb from an awake state?
Any advise appreciated, my first experience in a long time.
Congratulations Blidge!  :-)

When you find yourself in a NP reality it is important to calm your excitement. First take in the scene, you do that by "noting" everything in the scenario, by passively observing. Open your peripheral vision to it. The next thing you do is ground yourself to the scenario. How do you do that? You reach around and touch things. You engage your current senses to everything around you. What are you hearing? What smells are there? If there is a wall, table, etc. near or grass on the ground, reach out and use your tactile senses to touch and feel it.

The more you engage your focus to the scenario, the longer you will prolong it. Don't worry about your physical body, it is doing fine. So, don't even think about it, that's a experience killer as well. If your physical body needed attention, your NP experience would instantly end and you would find yourself back in your physical body focus. Your physical body is the number #1 priority!  :-)

Just remember thought equals action in many of these scenarios. So things happen rather quickly. Thinking of touching that grass, the grass is already in your hand. If you want to throw a ball, the ball is already in your hand. I think that fact catches many people of guard. This isn't always the case. I found some NP realities don't respond like that.

It's time to don your "explorer's hat" and go do some exploring. Oh, that's right, you are already wearing your explorer hat!  :-D :lol:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

DarknChildlike

Not to go off topic I am really glad you had a projection and it sounded beautiful my friend!

My first projections were very difficult experiences even though they were very very illuminating and every single one is different,. Some are just that,. Beautiful sounds smells even might meet a girl,. It's a crazy experience but some you just get stuck and frustrated and that's where the experience and all the reading you do here might help,. In the moment it's hard to think about the things you've learned here but I've personally ap'd got stuck and thought of something I read to try and it usually works,.

I find it really compelling that these tricks work for most ppl although not in every place/ situation,.

Example,. I can make doors appear in the sides of buildings by tracing one with my finger and my expectation once out a room in it that me and this girl wanted to sit and talk in,.

Sometimes when I wanna fly very far very fast the atmosphere will turn a shade of red and the distance will bend toward me sort of,. If I fly up to the atmosphere it's like Sci-fi videos going into warp drive when you see them hit hyperdrive except they aren't stars around me it's like just super bright tracers as I hit the limit of the earth realm or whatever I never mad it past that was to scared,. But I bet if I did it again it wouldn't be like that at all,.

When I am a certain distance from my body I can do quite a lot of crazy things will my sight to clear up and just a bunch of crazy things,.

But getting out and in my home everything is super solid and very much immutable,.

Some places it's also as if it's bad courtesy to fly around the ppl around you but usually it's cool it just depends on your consensus reality,.

When I hear of other ppls first one and it's so beautiful it makes me very happy.

I have had my fair share of crazy awesome ones that can't even be described, don't let anything frustrating or scary stop you from continuing because we all those experiences and I'll bet you are very excited to do it again,.

For your question about doing it from waking reality to non physical obe it's tricky,. Most of the time I think a lot of ppl go in and out a bit before consciously exiting although I've done it before I can't exactly tell you what I did wrong or right and also I wouldn't say one is more important that the other,.

It's the journey not the shoes you wear or the vehicle you take to get there!

Have fun that's a great first obe!

Keep it up,.

Much love,
         Dark

blidge

So things happen rather quickly. Thinking of touching that grass, the grass is already in your hand. If you want to throw a ball, the ball is already in your hand. I think that fact catches many people of guard. This isn't always the case. I found some NP realities don't respond like that.
[/quote]
thanks for the reply, im ok in the astral having had many many experiences since i was a teenager, but this experiences was fascinating as my command to see flowers happened immediately, but not always.

[/quote]
The more you engage your focus to the scenario, the longer you will prolong it. Don't worry about your physical body, it is doing fine. So, don't even think about it, that's a experience killer as well. If your physical body needed attention, your NP experience would instantly end and you would find yourself back in your physical body focus. Your physical body is the number #1 priority!
[/quote]

regards my physical body, something that ive been wanting to do for years but never managed to be successful with it is send healing to my physical self. I guess i need to be having more experiences and keep the intent there.

[/quote]

It's time to don your "explorer's hat" and go do some exploring. Oh, that's right, you are already wearing your explorer hat! 
[/quote]

what do you do to go exploring in the NP?

[/quote]
Sometimes when I wanna fly very far very fast the atmosphere will turn a shade of red and the distance will bend toward me sort of,. If I fly up to the atmosphere it's like Sci-fi videos going into warp drive when you see them hit hyperdrive except they aren't stars around me it's like just super bright tracers as I hit the limit of the earth realm or whatever I never mad it past that was to scared,. But I bet if I did it again it wouldn't be like that at all,.
[/quote]

Hi and thanks for the reply.

flying is one of my nemesis, sometimes i can and other times there's more effort and less end result. i have the intension, ill look up to the moon and point my arms forward like im superman and nothing happens arrgghh. just wish there was a fail safe method that worked every time. i can control myself by floating as theres no gravity, this i tell myself. so many laws that DONT exist in this realm..

[/quote]

When I am a certain distance from my body I can do quite a lot of crazy things will my sight to clear up and just a bunch of crazy things,.

But getting out and in my home everything is super solid and very much immutable,.
[/quote]

what crazy things do you do?
super solid in my home until i get out, this i experienced but why is this the case even though this is the astral?

i know a multitude of ways to get out there, but what methods do you both use?

many thanks and hoping i can get out tonight?

regards blidge

DarknChildlike

Well,. I don't think anyone can tell you definitively why this is and I'm curious to see what lumaza says,. He has read all of the theories I have read as to why things are more solid and tough to move and see close to the body but I wanna see what he has to say and then I'll try to help elaborate on my own opinions,.

What kinds of crazy things?

Man the limits are endless... I like to squint my eyes and pretend my hands are holding onto either side of a Rowe boat then rock them back and forth.. then I stand up in my new vehicle which is actually something like a little drone I fly through air on,. Hmmm.. Let's see,.. idk you can do many many things depending on your intent and execution,. Those are the laws of mobility and translation of thought into reality,.

Hold on my kid won't let me write he is freaking out for me to play games!

DarknChildlike

Want to add one thing,. It's just so very compelling to me that we all experience some of the same phenomena when out of body,. The fact that the astral and or conscious/ consensus realities would behave much the same in certain situations for everyone should be more than enough proof that we are all really experiencing something important,.

If everyone from different countries whom speak separate languages see and relate the same experiences, than the intellectuals agnostics and otherwise should be spear heading a movement in the scientific community to really find out what is going on here,.

I suspect governing bodies already have done this and have technologies based around these ideas in some sense or another,.

I've been wondering if while in my body I draw and describe and repeat the idea of a device made of astral material that will enhance the ability to translate and execute my intent than while out of body what would Happen if I tried to conjure it up or find where I describe leaving it for myself maybe?

So many experiments I want to conduct.

Lumaza

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 28, 2020, 21:30:21
Well,. I don't think anyone can tell you definitively why this is and I'm curious to see what lumaza says,. He has read all of the theories I have read as to why things are more solid and tough to move and see close to the body but I wanna see what he has to say and then I'll try to help elaborate on my own opinions,.
I don't answer questions based on theories I have read. I answer them based on things I personally experienced. But I am curious to see how you answer his question Dark. He did ask you! He was replying/responding to your quote there!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

DarknChildlike

Hahaha you called me out!

Touché my good sir!

I wouldn't believe you to parrot an answer from many of the books that try to tackle this anomaly, don't get me wrong! I simply am a bit flummoxed by the strange orientation in which this happens because I've noticed several things, that are somewhat and or fully counter respective of the literacture,. I can't write it all out now cuz my boy and I are still playing games like usual,. Mama is home in about an hour tho and I'll be back to tackle this!! Better set your clocks boys! Lol jp, this will be fun :D

I think what I have to say will spark something to talk about, man.., I love being here, so glad to always be welcomed with open arms even after going awol for a few months!

DarknChildlike

So I've been thinking about this,. It's a very tough place to be in, answering this question.

To be completely honest I would be a liar if I said I even knew what the answer was.

There is definitely a correlation between the solidity of things and the stutter like lucidity gettinging stick while close to your body,. But there's variables and one variable is how often are you projecting currently,..

If I project twice a week for a month and then even if I fall off a bit but got that time in initially without taking any breaks from meditation things seem to be much easier on getting out and moving around,.

See a lot of the books I've read will try to explain it like this,.

Example:

You're astral body and the things around your astral body are slightly more semi physical and to account for people whom are very practiced in astral projection their astral body becomes less semi physical as time goes on so they are able to move through walls and such more freely when in close proximity to there body,.

But thing is, I don't know if I want to believe when I'm out of body if I'm semi physical anything at all,. It's non physical consensus reality, how can we put ourselves in a box like this when we speak of it?

We all know everytime we think that we have this figured out something is added to our knowledge that creates a paradox,.

So perhaps that's just it,. It's a paradox,

Has anyone read about the many worlds theory in quantum science?

It says that when a wave or particle collapses it creates a parallel reality and that there are millions of these happening,.

For this to be true they say that at the end of time all of the energy in the universe will be in a state they call electromagnetic equilibrium which means all of the energy has spread out evenly and dissipated and what that means is we would begin jumping realities and you would never know which one you are in,. They say that because someday it will happen than there is a place where this is already happening but they can't find it physically because it's outside of this known universe/ dimension.

The fact that at the end of time time will jump around means somewhere time is already jumping around somewhere someplace but you wouldn't ever know it until the complete energy equilibrium

When I am out of body and everytime I turn a transitional corner or doorway and everything changes a little more than my usually waking reality it reminds me of this theory,.

Perhaps being in close proximity with our body we are more likely to create and experience paradox.

This is something I just thought of and haven't thought on it a whole lot,.

It's not the truth just a cool idea,. The fact of the matter is we all have measured this funkiness in close proximity to the physical body but know one that I know of has really answered it with a definite answer I think the best we can do is guess,.

I don't want to put money on the idea that my literal spirit is leaving my body and I don't wanna say I believe it's all in my head,. Maybe it's both and the funk is just our mind coming to terms with this very thing, trying to give you what sensory perception it can without using any of our normal sensory organs.

I would love to see what others can say on this matter tho!

DarknChildlike

When I watched a quantum physics lecture on the many worlds theory I about excrement my pants because what he was describing sounded a lot like astral projection to me,.

If you would like to see the lecture that got me thinking of it let me know,.

DarknChildlike

Everytime you come to a transitional space where you can turn left or right or flip a coin you are creating a parallel reality where the other option was played out in this theory but in the electro magnetic equilibrium energy and density has spread out evenly by the end of time and therefore idk why this is but they say that the parallel situations would get jumbled together and you wouldn't be able to make ends or tails if you are in one consensus reality or another the more times you come to transitional spaces or make left or right or coin flip type decisions and that sounded a lot to me like astral projection,. Maybe the closer you are to your body the less decisions you've made and your mind is having trouble deciding which physical or non physical reality to begin logically interpreting or perhaps your just picking up the sensory brainwaves still when near the body and the more decisions you make to ground yourself in no physical reality the less confused your mind is on which to interpret for you,. Physical or non physical.

That's all just something I've been thinking on for a little while

Edit:  basically, because we are in non physical reality distance doesn't mean anything so I believe the more decisions you make to move away from your physical body is the key to that whole scenario,.

I believe it's William buhlman that says no matter left or right up or down paths and decisions you make it doesn't matter because it is all a straight path deeper and deeper into yourself, you are just interpreting it this way for some reason or another.

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 28, 2020, 22:19:37
If everyone from different countries whom speak separate languages see and relate the same experiences, than the intellectuals agnostics and otherwise should be spear heading a movement in the scientific community to really find out what is going on here,.

I suspect governing bodies already have done this and have technologies based around these ideas in some sense or another,.

I also suspect government agencies from many years back used many many techniques to master the astral for deviant means and have come across the issue that we are discussing.

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 28, 2020, 23:56:24
I think what I have to say will spark something to talk about, man.., I love being here, so glad to always be welcomed with open arms even after going awol for a few months!

hi dark, thanks for your perspective. I just love that my question has sparked all these replies and its certainly hit the mark and posed questions that are not always easy to answer. Lets get thinking people...

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 30, 2020, 21:47:02
Edit:  basically, because we are in non physical reality distance doesn't mean anything so I believe the more decisions you make to move away from your physical body is the key to that whole scenario,.

Hi dark, i like this last quote of yours and vibrates with me. In past journeys over the years i have found that the further away from my physical body the more fluent and control i have in my location wherever that may be. There is a definite change from having just exit my body (if in deed that's where i was, assuming that our consciousness is in the physical body,not sure!) walls when trying to move through them takes a lot of effort and i have to convince myself that nothing here is real and there are no laws.

Once i tell myself this the world or the astral is my oyster,  i just have to master having more journeys and keeping my concentration on everything that i want to achieve while out there.

Another question for you all, whats your preferred exit strategy and why?

thanks guys

DarknChildlike

I think most people end up ya I g ago to strategy but this is somewhat of a misnomer because the best strategy is no strategy I believe,.

If you try the same thing a lot it may work out sometimes but not merely as much as kind of keeping your possibilities and strategies kind of open ended,. There are a lot of ways to do it,. Tactile, which is in touch and visual which is in sight,. Then there is my favorite, which is where you are in a perpetual state of noticing a lot like mindfulness meditation,. What I do to keep myself focused is meditate my energy above my eyes kind of in the space ppl say the third eye is,. I've noticed when I do this I get the symptom where I hear a gunshot in my head and it cracks or jolts backward and up,. Doesn't hurt mind you, actually feels great along with a bright white light,. And usually this is the first symptom I get before having a conscious exit which is sorta rare,. More often than not my constant attention to my conscious state and sight and feeling will take me in and out of hypnogogia before all of a sudden I am seeing through my eyelids and my hands are invisible and can pass through one another if I check,.( that's really fun by the way) and then I inch my way out of bed kinda cuz there's a lot of pressure on my chest and head a lot of times,. Like there's a thousand lb weight on my face neck and chest lol sometimes I even topple over and can't react cuz everything's heavy in which case I try again,.

Something worth mentioning if you are ever somewhere you don't want to be, close your eye lift your legs and lean back think of your body and you will be there,. I do this often and when I open my eyes I'm still out of body but it COULD put you back into the physical realm.

DarknChildlike

Blidge, what I'm talking about Incase you don't understand is everytime in the astral projection when in your house, everytime you turn a corner in your house everything changes slightly then another corner it's changed more then another until you are basically unable to tell exactly where you are or why your room looked exactly the same but your living room has different furniture,. So in many worlds theory in a state of electromagnetic quallibrium this is ax's rly what would happen.

Coincidence ?

Lumaza

You got pretty technical with your explanation there Dark!  :-o I would have simply said it was because his perception of what was happening was changing each time he had a OBE. Perception changes for a number of causes, the main one being your "level" of awareness. During the first moments "out the body", especially due to a spontaneous SP related experience, the first thing you have to deal with is the initial shock and awe that you are out. Next, you need to get your bearings on where you are. The more you have increased your "lucidity/awareness" in the scenario, the more control over things that you seem to have.

I believe, through being shown in my own personal experiences, that when we find ourselves "out of body", that we indeed are in a parallel version of our immediate surroundings.

Just last week I had a LD, which turned into a "false awakening", then morphed back into the same scenario that I had in the initial LD in the first place. The false awakening was the one that caught me off guard because it pretty well mirrored my physical surroundings/home. At the times, I really thought I was awake, hence the term false awakening. Yet, afterwards, when I looked back at the experience, I can remember small reality fluctuations in the scenario. Those experiences are real head scratchers!  :-o

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 31, 2020, 02:06:54
Something worth mentioning if you are ever somewhere you don't want to be, close your eye lift your legs and lean back think of your body and you will be there,. I do this often and when I open my eyes I'm still out of body but it COULD put you back into the physical realm.

quite a lot to take in with your reply's, but regards the above when ive found myself in a dark or uncomfortable place, instead of escaping the AP location i simply send love joy and happiness, this always does the trick. Example ive had nightmares in the past with green foliage i.e. trees bushes grass. My nightmares consisted of the trees branches reaching out to me trying to engulf me, like an extremely aggressive man eating plant  :-o

In my AP i sent love joy and happiness and the atmosphere feeling changed and the threat was no longer there. :-D     

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on May 31, 2020, 04:42:18
Blidge, what I'm talking about Incase you don't understand is everytime in the astral projection when in your house, everytime you turn a corner in your house everything changes slightly then another corner it's changed more then another until you are basically unable to tell exactly where you are or why your room looked exactly the same but your living room has different furniture,. So in many worlds theory in a state of electromagnetic quallibrium this is ax's rly what would happen.

Coincidence ?

i have noticed this every time i have an AP and then either i exit my bedroom through the door or window, in either case the further i go the more changes that i see to my everyday home environment in my projection. :-D

blidge

Quote from: Lumaza on June 02, 2020, 04:10:37
During the first moments "out the body", especially due to a spontaneous SP related experience, the first thing you have to deal with is the initial shock and awe that you are out. Next, you need to get your bearings on where you are. The more you have increased your "lucidity/awareness" in the scenario, the more control over things that you seem to have.

I believe, through being shown in my own personal experiences, that when we find ourselves "out of body", that we indeed are in a parallel version of our immediate surroundings.
i like this thread.
yes the initial shock and the realization that im in my AP vehicle and to take control and be careful with my thoughts and what i want to do immediately. yes the more i say awareness now clarity now energy now the more i have and then and only then i can get a grasp on my surroundings. having always been in my physical environment (in my AP) as i remember it it is indeed a mirror of the physical, at least till i explore further afield.

blidge

hi all,

this leads me to more questions and answers.

My experiences in the Astral have come via becoming aware in a "dream" and then taking control, falling asleep and then being aware of the energy fluctuations or hypnagogic imagery, weird sounds. Do you always exit the same way? is fear ever present where you lose vibrations and stay in your body? and do you exit in the same location to the astral.

learning loads here people and its interesting to get others perspective.

thanks

stephen :lol:

DarknChildlike

The false awakenings are so crazy sometimes,. I had a dream last night as I slept in my ap chair, just happen to be sleeping there cuz I couldn't sleep, That two demonic entities I had been kinda "playing" chase with through out this dream started laughing right behind my head behind the back of my recliner and it scared me so bad ,. Or well it startled me,. They came at me with motion and my consciousness followed them as my consciousness realized it was behind my now sleeping body my consciousness flew threw the back of the chair into my head and my entire body flew through the air with this motion and I rolled and nearly hit the wall lol only to find out this was intact a false awakening I remember sitting on the ground looking at my recliner thinking wtf just happened? And feeling stuck with a bit of fright and my limbs weren't moving well I didn't realize I was either out of body or asleep still?

Wtf?! Lol easy to laugh about now!

DarknChildlike

Stephen/blidge,

So the more you ap the more you realize there is no perfect way to get out of body atleast I feel that way,. I also feel like finding 1 certain way of getting out is a trap,.

Most of the time personally I get out of my physical body I actually very often literally get out of my body and only very rarely does this happen without intent ie spontaneous or do I ap from a dream but It does happen and sometimes I can't ap at all for a while and I'll have a few spontaneous AP's,. I am very very connected to my home because I have a family I created with a wife and born myself a son so I suspect this is why I'm always coming out of my bodily home and *expect* to see them and myself sleeping?

Not sure it's just how it happens for me and things are always very close to exactly the same around my body sometimes if I ap out of bed say my head is facing the door and my vision will get stuck at the altitude or exact place and I can't for the life of me get my dang head to follow my body and it literally hurts,. Or my bed will seem very tall off the ground cuz that's where my head was,.

Sometimes if I lay in bed and meditate we have dvd videos that we watch a lot and if my fiancé is watching one of those videos I will have hypnogogia imagery that I am watching this video as well except the visual of the screen is all I see and it's all new stuff and totally unpredictable doesn't match what is really happening even though I'm watching their mouths make words and I'm following the story, like background effect noise will change what the video is showing say they are talking about exterminating mice but I'm seeing the mice dancing with the main character then a loud crash noise I will literally all of a sudden see a crash scene and the funny thing is I can't tell the difference whether I'm actually watching tv or if I'm having a dream / hypnogogia imagery until after I've come completely awake and laugh about how insanely absurd everything I just witnessed was,.

Ap is a very interesting thing but the strange phenomena you experience around your ap are almost just as telling about the human experience.

DarknChildlike

Let me tell you this tho,. In hindsight I have been sucked up into a scene through imagery,. Two times,.

Once I was trying to use visualization like I read from Robert Bruce either going down an escalator or something of a downward motion and you are supposed to try to really feel this motion,.

There is this slide at a Burger King I take my boy to that curves around and it's bright red in there and I've gone down the slide with him a lot I'm the kinda dad that kills himself getting into those death traps of the knees and elbows because I'm a sucker or something idk lol,. Play is very important,.

Anyway I've been sucked into that slide once or twice but it just didn't work as well as my other techniques,. For me personally idk why but I am very naturally gifted in meditation and susceptible to just getting out of body idk why it's very natural for me,. This feels forced but other ppl this is what works,. Other times I've been sucked into scenery by going with my hypnogogia visuals but most of my hypnogogia for some reason or another are just merely ap symptoms as in vibrations and whatnot or spiral color type deals some cryptic symbolism that doesn't make sense but once in a while I get a really weird environment that will suck me up but a lot of the time I'm just not used to it and I jolt out and then proceed to have my more usual type of getting up out of my body deals,.

No ap is greater than another, many ppl swear that phasing into a completely different scene is the only way it works cuz that's all they have witnessed or experienced working for them,. I think it all comes down to preference the way I do it is very tactile and meditative wait and see I don't form any conclusions I only form intent and sense my tactile environment,. Other ppl are very visually oriented and it's ok to try both methods,. I think if you want to be well rounded you should strive for every way you can,. I've never been able to "climb the rope" it just never works it's always forced and I can just naturally get out why waste all this energy I could use on energy mediation and meditation / energy work relax don't work so hard that's what has worked for me,. Soon as I relax the ap comes on.

blidge

Quote from: DarknChildlike on June 03, 2020, 08:38:25
No ap is greater than another, many ppl swear that phasing into a completely different scene is the only way it works cuz that's all they have witnessed or experienced working for them,. I think it all comes down to preference the way I do it is very tactile and meditative wait and see I don't form any conclusions I only form intent and sense my tactile environment,. Other ppl are very visually oriented and it's ok to try both methods,. I think if you want to be well rounded you should strive for every way you can,. I've never been able to "climb the rope" it just never works it's always forced and I can just naturally get out why waste all this energy I could use on energy mediation and meditation / energy work relax don't work so hard that's what has worked for me,. Soon as I relax the ap comes on.

I agree that it comes down to preference and have tried the climb the rope technique, the look up to the sky technique and imagine that your falling and others etc. Generally i fall asleep and then become aware either during or just after energy fluctuations where my astral body is all i feel, then i exit. At the moment in the uk i am furloughed while we work through this virus. So am able to experiment with all the time in the world.

Ill wake up in the early hours and set my intent which i guess is a message to my subconscious of my intent for an AP. This doesn't always work but my first AP in the best part of a year was through this method, meditation, stay relaxed and fall asleep for my astral body to be ready and waiting for a journey. :-D :-D