Can AP turn you into a paranormal sensitive while AWAKE? (aka sees ghosts)

Previous topic - Next topic

astral408

You know, those people on paranormal teams that see spirits invisible to everyone else. AP involves extensive energy work, which among other things causes dormant psychic ability to develop. The book below brings concern. I really don't want this ability.

In "Ghost Hunting: True Stories from TAPS", one TAPS guy studied Reiki for several months. Initially he was as insensitive as you and I. As time went on, what initially began as spiritual mists turned into full body apparitions. Fearing he was going crazy, he consulted John Zaffis. Tests were done and John confirmed he wasn't crazy. The book said this happened because Reiki enhanced his energy sensitivity, hence his paranormal sight. The only way he could make em disappear was by eating green olives! Only later on they'd come back.
http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Hunting-Unexplained-Phenomena-Paranormal/dp/1416541136/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267936325&sr=8-13

TurulMadar

I don't have any first-hand experience, but I've read about a person who started seeing "shadows" following him during the day, and other "paranormal" activity occur after he started astral projected.

astral408

Thanks. I figured it's rare enough or it'd be mentioned in Astral Dynamics, major FAQ's and here.

The worst case AP scenarios I've read about remind me when I signed consent to wisdom tooth surgery. They presented all the ugliest scenarios and they didn't happen. There was an issue or two but nothing dramatic.

Meanwhile keep the replies coming folks!

astral408

Hey I applauded you and then clicked the "smite" button, mis-reading it as "smile". I couldn't fully undo the "smite". Sorry.

Quote from: TurulMadar on March 07, 2010, 01:30:33
I don't have any first-hand experience, but I've read about a person who started seeing "shadows" following him during the day, and other "paranormal" activity occur after he started astral projected.

Xanth

Yes, you can awaken certain latent abilities within yourself when you learn to project.
Then again, nothing can happen as well.  :)

For example: Seeing spirits, hearing spirits, feeling their presence.
or even any other metaphysical ability.