Astral Helpers, watchers, guides

Previous topic - Next topic

BillionNamesofGod

Why is it that most experieces I read state someone is watching them, or helping them?

It seems part and parcel of the AP experience.

But yet, I've never seen any explanation of this.

Has anyone had any take on this? It's as it deceased loved ones know you are going to AP or something, and are there watching or helping.

Does the act of merely trying to project send alerts to guides and people on higher planes?

skydust

everyone has a guide or several that are with them during the entire lifetime of that person, so granted they will help out when they are needed.

Andali27

Isn't a guide like some sort of spirit thingie?  How can u trust them?  I've gotten far and haven't needed one.  What's the point?

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

karnautrahl

skydust, I'd disagree with your notion that "everyone" has a guide or several-or that they will be with during their lifetime.

Some folks perhaps do and they are. Some may have a number who stay for a time and move on and swap around. Other folks may not.

Because I value personal experience over most things I've read-who doesn't :-), I actually don't really "believe" in the spirit guides thing very much. I accept that others have had and continue to have experience of such, but I myself have not at all. So therefore I'm concluding that I don't have any :-).
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

astralspinner

Here's a possibility for you on why some people seem to be surrounded by helpful spirits and others don't:

The point of physical incarnation is commonly considered to be to learn things. We leave the spiritual planes and come to the physical in the same way that kids leave home to go to college/university.

So, there could well be parallels in those two situations: Some people, when leaving home to take up further education, make sure they go to the same place as their friends, so even when they're away from home, they have familiar faces. They don't like the idea of leaving everything familiar behind.

Others don't care at all, or even deliberately go where nobody they know is going, because they WANT to make a fresh start and do it all themselves, without clinging on to the past.

So maybe the people who have guides are the spiritual equivalent of the people who go to the same uni. as their friends - they didn't want to face the experience alone. Whereas those without guides are the ones who preferred to go it alone, without depending on others.

It's a possibility, anyway. And a more charitable one than "People who want guides create imaginary ones" ;)

Nay

Hey astralspinner, that is a interesting way to look at it.  Is that your way of putting a "spin" on things?..muhahaha..ok, sorry, it was right there, dangling for the taking... it was cheap, I took it.  :roll:

Anyhoo, I often wondered whom some of these people are that I find standing quietly in the background.  

The more I think about about, I do believe that only ONE felt different.  He gave off such loving feelings, that may sound dorky, but true.  It felt so right walking and talking to him...like I'd known him all my life.  LOL...wait....he is the only one I actually started a conversation with, the other ones usually give me short statements when they feel necessary..hmmmm..this is interesting.

This is worth a closer look.. thanks for bringing this up, Billions.  :D

Nay

Telos

astralspinner, that was awesome!

Although I still think saying, "the physical is a school" is a case of anthropomorphizing to generalize and simplify...

QuoteIt's a possibility, anyway. And a more charitable one than "People who want guides create imaginary ones"

You're absolutely right.

wisp

For this thread and communication to exist, wouldn't it need the help of someone to provide electricity, connection, equipment and ability to use it? It's a cooperative effort if you ask me.

Why is there need for the solitary individual to be at this internet site?

Maybe it's just me, I don't know. How does everyone else do it? Communicate in the now, I mean (without help).   :)

I couldn't resist, I awoke with my electricity off. It came back on soon after I got out of bed. Good thing it did. It was kind of chilly.But my first thought, how am I going to make my coffee? I wasn't prepared for instant self suffiency, except for my vehicle gased up and ready to go (hmmm?). Got to have my coffee! I'm so spoiled.

Ah yes, on this subject (the astral)....I'm self sufficient (not :) ), I don't need anybody (now that I've have my immediate need met, that first cup of coffee down).

Gman

Hi,

3D Reality, RTZ + Astral Planes= Illusions of the collective consciousness containing 'Thought Forms'.

Astral helpers/Spirit Guides=illusory Human thought forms in the eyes of the perciever.

Your perception so the guides are a part of your consciousness, a part of your higher or multidimensional incarnation perhaps?

BillionNamesofGod

Very Interesting Astral Spinner.

Maybe this explains things like love at first sight, and people
you get on incredibly well with, when you've just met them.

It may be that you are already friends in higher dimensions.

Quote from: Gman
Your perception so the guides are a part of your consciousness, a part of your higher or multidimensional incarnation perhaps?

This is the view/impression I got from Adventures Beyond the Body Book, but doesn't explain people in your family, or loved ones.
I suppose it's love?  A already deceased love one, perhaps just wants to help, in the Astral.  So I suppose if you have no family or loved ones that have passed away in this life, you won't have any astral help.

RTCovenant

I think some spirits give you advice. The first time I went into deep meditation, something started humming beside me.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

ASunnieSpirit

"An already deceased love one, perhaps just wants to help, in the Astral. So I suppose if you have no family or loved ones that have passed away in this life, you won't have any astral help."

-What about past lives? *sorry i just had to throw that out there*  :D

Well, ive met people who have tried to help me get places but ive never felt a deep connection or anything...

But i was kinda raised on the idea of guides, so i would like to think them real, i dont think they necassarily have to be different indiviuals, perhaps just facets of your (higher?) self but if you dont need/want them or dont ask for them i dont think they will come...

You should be happy that your comfortable with the astral, i sure could use the help  :lol:
Im walking on sunshine :)