astral librairies

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysin

i read somewere that there were libraries in the astral realm. are they the counterparts to libraries in the physical or located elsewhere and if so how would i get to one.

Xanth

For all intents and purposes... the entire non-physical could be considered one giant library.
Just ask for whatever it is you want, and you should see it happen. 

It's all about placing your Intent.

Summerlander

Also, the "astral libraries" could be considerd to be a representation of your subconscious reservoir and the plethora of information that it stores.

Volgerle

There is a lot of consistency in different accounts, modern and historical to ancient. Robert Monroe's F27 area contains libraries. Tom Campbell, Moen and others also mention it. M. Newton's hypnotees talk about it. The Occultists and Eastern philosophies and Western mystics talk about the Akashic Records ("world memory").

This is what also K. Leland refers to when he talks about the Lower Mental Plane Libary of the Human Culture Zone. As I just coincidentally read some of it again recently, here a quote from one of his explorations in this area:
Quote"The most usual use of the lower mental plane is as a library of cultural history with access to the world views of the living, those of the dead in Deep Life Review, and those of the famous dead, as well as works of art, literature, music, philosophy, science, and history, and the belief systems of the world's religions. In short, any collection of thoughts, beliefs, and values organized and charged by one or more persons as a way of perceiving, understanding, and guiding the choices of life will be found on the lower mental plane. This Human Culture Zone remains open to you when you're mastering the causal body. But your use of it becomes more fluent and profound."
"Why do I sometimes see this library of cultural history as a used bookstore and sometimes as an amusement park?" I asked.
"Those are each valid ways of reading the energy here," my Guide explained. "When you're not clear about why you're here or what you're looking for, the organization of the lower mental plane can seem unsystematic, like that of a used bookstore where the books are grouped into subject areas without being alphabetized.
When you see a library, you have a stronger sense of purpose in being here, which causes the information collections to rearrange themselves with a higher degree of organization. To navigate between and within collections of information on the lower mental plane, you must use your sense of shape. When you're navigating between collections of information, you see it as a library or bookstore. When you're navigating within a particular collection, you may experience it as a maze.
When your need to know something is particularly strong, you may feel as if you're being pulled into and through the maze, rather than tentatively sensing your way through it. That's when you're likely to experience a world view as an amusement park ride. A fun house ride is a kind of maze. But you get through it by running on wheels along a track. In this analogy, your need is the motive force that moves you along that track."
- Kurt Leland - http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-projection-log/2007/188-the-human-culture-zone-causal-body-lower-mental-plane
I know some won't like his descriptions as he applies a more 'traditional' view of navigating the non-physical. Anyway, as this is just one way of experiencing it I really can recommend his accounts and also 2 of his books which I read. Highly valuable stuff with interesting insights.

Volgerle

Of course, a more modern "view" and way of navigating it is the view of a Database. Tom Campbell does this but he might already have it from Monroe who also talks about a kind of 'mainframe' computer with databases which is the Total Self.

Maybe it is a funny coincidence that today I gave this link already in another forum. But here we go again: Here is the Higher Self database as described by Monroe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jOP9GVM31c#t=4m40s

Fascinating talk!

astraladdict

Ask your spirit guide to take you there

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

light487

In the end though, how you perceive "it" is entirely up to you and how your mind can interpret. It's no point having a "Matrix" style mind dump of information if you can't handle that much information in one go or make use of it because you can't interpret it in that form. If what you need is an actual library-style place with astral books, to understand what is happening and the information you are receiving, then that is fine.. no problem.. but is it the same for everyone? I think not.