Astral or RTZ? tek's & Q's

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSlider

ohhhk well, here's the thing: Yesterday I was having a semi-lucid dream I guess is the best thing I can think of. Technically it wasn't but, it sort of was. I fell asleep creating my dream and I think during the dream I didn't realize I had completely fallen asleep so I was still thinking that I was creating this dream. Anywho, one thing led to another and suddenly I found myself taken back to my body, which was experiencing a dramatic increase in vibrations. I thought, "here we go!" 8) and just waited. My third eye was fluttering a lot then I started to hear a lot of voices, which I thought was kinda neat.

Everything stopped after the voices and I felt myself slide out, so I hovered backward and off of my bed, hit the ground and stumbled into my closet, seeing a mirror across the room (which doesn't exit), once I stopped. I was really, really unbelievably excited and I thought I was in the RTZ, so stumbled over to the door to put my hand through it, which failed :( I remembered reading in AD that you might have to clear your mind and do things like that, so I decided I didn't want to spend this entire time trying to get out of my room, since my room was incredibly strange. My bed was in a 90 degree angle to it's real position, there was a tv and stand at the foot it, etc. TONS of random stuff. I just stood there and wondered what all this was. I then remembered that I read in AD that new projectors should keep their OBE's short, so I looked for a while longer and woke myself up.

SO! was this an astral representation of my room? I didn't think the RTZ can switch so quickly. It was almost the second I left my bed I realized something was awry as I floated over a baby sitting on my floor before I myself landed on the floor. There's no baby in my room, or in the house.

Ok now these tek's I've been working on. It seems like this is the way it's going: If I imagine myself walking somewhere in real life, something that I can imagine in detail I always get snapped back feeling, I think vibrations. If the feeling that led up to my projection yesterday were truely vibrations, then these must be vibrations, and it also seems like I can feel vibrations any time of the day, keeping this all in line.

The times that I've meditated trying to relax myself to make a conscious exit, I feel a "buzzing" I guess, in my body, that increases the deeper I go.  The best example I can give of this feel is sort of like the body buzz one feels after a few beers, but with a sober mind.  So these times that I get snapped back this "buzzing" or possibly vibrations, is really intense. So I thought Ah hah! :D I am leading my awareness outside my body when I do this, correct? Is this feeling really vibrations then? it doesn't seem that spectacular. I can actually sit here and...well the best way I can describe it is "flex" my energetic muscles and I feel that sensation. I thought vibrations were a little harder to come by? :?

If this is all right so far, I have come to the conclusion that I need to work on my concentration and focus. If I stay concentrated on the action I'm thinking of outside my body, my focus will go downhill, eventually. I'll start having random thoughts, etc. I'll just kind of "loose it," if you know what I mean.

I think this exact same tek could work for a lucid dream as well. I was actually experimenting with it this morning. I start something in my imagination, trying to stay concentrated and focused, and sometimes It will suddenly snap into feeling exactly like real life (is this when the real dream begins?)  and I'll loose my concentration. Sometimes it takes a little while, I'll retain my concentration, but my focus will quit on me and I'll start having random dream thoughts :roll:

The reason why I have lumpted these two techniques together is it seems like they require the same things: concentration and focus. If I have been right all the way now, how do I increase my concentration and focus? Even if I'm attempting the AP tek I seem to loose my focus easy because I'm so relaxed. I think it could turn into a dream pretty easily. But if my focus stays intact, most of the time my concentration will eventually fail, which when I get snapped back, feeling like I'm about to leave my body. I  never have had a conscious exit, but there have been times where I *think* I have come very close, e.g. I feel like I'm floating, this "buzzing" or vibrations are increadibly intense, sometimes my chakras are going wild, etc. How far do I have to go from that point?

Oh btw that was my second full conscious OBE, mind you not conscious exit, but just a conscious OBE. I've had other ones that pretty much went haywire, but this one I knew exactly what was going on. And my first one I started out flying through space, which is why I assumed I was in the RTZ for this second one.

Thanks so much for at least taking the time to read this! :) Thoughts and Opinions are welcome too ;)    

Brad

SilverSlider

Is my post too long?? dang I was worried about that...well whoever's interested I have a question about what happened to me this morning. I'll keep it short ;)

I was meditating, doing different teks to get my awareness outside my body. Felt my legs being lifted up, then I just started focusing on the lights moving around in my minds eye and I felt a strong pull from my feet and my body started getting really numb. I felt slightly nauseous and I felt like my body was sitting in a mold. My eyelicks were flickering like crazy and my cheeks felt like they do after I laugh for a really long time. Any ideas?

much love

brad

clandestino

Hey there Brad,

How do you differentiate between concentration & focus ?

cheers,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

SilverSlider

Ah, that is a good question.

Well I suppose not everyone uses these terms the way I do, but when I speak of concentration, I mean concentration on my activity of out of body awareness and I speak of focus as keeping that activity clear, like focusing our eyes. Like I mentioned, when my focus goes downhill, I'm still engaged in an activity leading my awareness outside my body, but I'll start having random thoughts.

Hope that helps. Thanks

Brad