Still can't Exit.

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDarkApprentice

I started coming to this site in July and was fascinated with the OBE and Astral topics. Saying "I think i could do that" After doing about a month, month and a half or energy work, I decided to try and OBE. I think I did pretty good for my first few attempts. I could get to the trance state without ease and really belived I could do it. On about my 7yj pr 8th attempt, I had a panic attack when trying to OBE. I had no idea it was a panic attack at the time and thought it was part of the process. My eyelids got transparet during the attack and I saw bluish, pupleish colors. I thought I was going to do it. Apperently not.

This happened in early Sept. After I had the panic attack, I was not practicing as much to have a panic attack. I say i'm not afraid to try again, but inside I sorta was. But after my panic attack, I tried a few OBE attempts. I feel asleep during the middle of all of them. I probaly tried about 5 times in the month of Sept and feel asleep in trance states and even before that. Now I know I have bad sleep problems, but this didn't happen before my panic attack.

I've also have had a difficult time breathing during the OBE attempts after my PA. Like last night I attempted. Got into the trance state,   thoguht I was about to do it and my heart was pounding moderatly fast and i was gasping for air. So it's hard to concentrate when I get to that point. Because I have to think about getting air. If I don't, I can't breathe. Again, this all didnt happen before my PA.

And one more thing. When i first started doing energy work and OBE attempts, I never thought of negative entities or demons or whatever trying to take my body or come into my room and talk to me when I was trying to OBE. NEVER thought anything of it.

But now, after I have had my panic attack, I keep thinking that somthing is watching me when I try to OBE. I don't think it is anything except my Sub-concious, but I don't know.

It's funny, If I didn't have that panic attack(which I have said about 100 times), I think I would have had an OBE or AP'D by now.

Any suggestions??
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

Dannyboy1121

I don't know if this helps but the first time I consciously attempted to AP (it took me about 9 months of trying) I had some really powerful physical experiences:

1 - Screeching / ringing noise in my ears
2 - Bright white light - similar to the sort of light you get when you get shocked in the dark.
3 - Intense heart pounding (this was quite frightening).

At first it put me off - but after facing the fear of the experience, I soon found myself on the 'outside'.

Perhaps what you perceive as a panic attack is actually the start of a projection event?
Dannyboy1121

SummerBreeze

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night, then easily fall back asleep?  Try sleeping in a position, that isn't your normal sleep position...like for me, I normally sleep on my stomach & it is the most comfortable for me- but if I fall a sleep on my back, I will wake up about an hour or 2 later...at this point you should be very deeply relaxed and in the perfect state of mind to try a projection...your heart rate should be calm enough to try, without resulting in a panic attack.

Good Luck!

SHARPSHARK

Quoteringing noise in my ears
Yeah, the fist time I tried I got this weird ringing in the ears. But I had never been able to get that far anymore. I should try harder this week, or perhaps tonight before I feel too sleepy and I should try to play less FPS games, they sometimes make me nervous.
SHARPSHARK the dreamer

Dannyboy1121

Quote from: SHARPSHARK
Quoteringing noise in my ears
Yeah, the fist time I tried I got this weird ringing in the ears. But I had never been able to get that far anymore. I should try harder this week, or perhaps tonight before I feel too sleepy and I should try to play less FPS games, they sometimes make me nervous.

True .. I think sometimes that playing FPS leaves your brain ticking when you should be relaxing. I remember the first time I noticed this - I had been playing Tomb Raider 2 and that night I went to bed - closed my eyes - and all I could see was Lara climbing over crates and jumping across gaps.
Dannyboy1121

TheDarkApprentice

Quote from: SummerBreezeDo you ever wake up in the middle of the night, then easily fall back asleep?  Try sleeping in a position, that isn't your normal sleep position...like for me, I normally sleep on my stomach & it is the most comfortable for me- but if I fall a sleep on my back, I will wake up about an hour or 2 later...at this point you should be very deeply relaxed and in the perfect state of mind to try a projection...your heart rate should be calm enough to try, without resulting in a panic attack.

Good Luck!

Yeah that happens to me like 3 or 4 times a month. But I'd bet that if I tried to have an OBE after just waking up, that I would most likely fall back to sleep. You would be relaxed and not completly aware of everything.
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy