Astral Projection (Need Help!)

Previous topic - Next topic

schulzy175

I live in a house with 7 people including me. I want to astral project so freaking bad its unbelievable, but as soon as I turn my thoughts to doing it and doing what i want in astral projection, my fears come in! Yes, i know im in control during astral projection, but i dont know why i have these fears if i can just make them go away. Another is that its hard to try to focus or meditate to achieve astral projection because of all the movement in the house. The only time I could have time to astral project with no disturbances is around 12am - 6am. I dont know how to achive a calm mental state to know i can do this?? Last is, I keep doubting myself (which i know IS TERRIBLY BAD!) I only doubt myself when trying the relaxing in bed method (not the mild), just laying there thinking about astral projection. How can i achieve this with such movement in my house and fears? I dont know why i fear which makes me extremely mad!!

astraladdict

You're not afraid of projection itself. You're afraid of what you'll encounter. Your whole life you were told one thing and another, and to experience something as great as astral projection, where everything you were told is NOT the case, it's simply, amazing. I too, live in a busy house. Meditation though, is one thing that teaches concentration. Keep working at it, Keep practicing your concentration. Don't get distracted easily. In fact, pay more attention to the amazing effects of the meditation. Enjoy your journey of a higher consciousness. Don't doubt yourself either. Everyone is an amazing, unique being with so much potential. Keep up the dedication, hard work, and passion. Than when the day comes, you will project, and will be glad you worked as hard as you did.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

schulzy175

Thank you so much, you really cheered me up  :-D. I just cant wait to do it!

Lionheart

Don't let the noise bother you. When I do a 2am session in my home I have two Chinchillas running on their wheel in their cage. After awhile sounds won't bother you. Sometimes when I go to bed and try to follow my path to sleep I have my better half (wife), wiggling and moving about the bed. Once you get used to the interruptions of noise or movement, nothing can really take your focus away. Barring a severe event. I find the only thing that interrupts my seeions now is severe weather. For some reason I have always felt the energy of storms. Just 2 days ago we had a severe storm with high winds and hail, I woke up abruptly at 7:15 am, the storm hit at 7:20. It was a doozy too, 80 mile an hour winds and driving rain.
On the fear probelm, fear is normal. Getting over it is the challenge. With alot of practice you will accomplish this. Don't give up!

schockstuhh

Your doubts will definitely hold you back ESPECIALLY if you are fully aware of how negatively they affect one's ability to project. I'm not entirely sure how you base your doubts, but my advice would simply be to trust yourself. As for your fear, it's a common natural feeling that you know best how to overcome. Understand that you have REALLY have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Xanth

Honestly, schulzy175, you worry too much.
Just relax... enjoy the process... and just let things flow.  Allow to happen whatever happens.  ;)

Boom

Agreeing also with all the posters above. 
One thing to help with your fears, is to imagine you are surrounded by a pure white light of energy, which will protect you against anything bad.  Also say an affirmation to your spirit guides "Please protect me from anything negative" or "Please protect me from my negative thoughts".

A cool white light shield, and asking your highers to fend off the nasty monsters should do the trick perfectly.

As for noise around the house. Yes that would be an issuse for me too. Mainly because I live alone, so if i had anyone else staying over that would be an interruption. I guess its just a case of getting used to it.  Try and block it out. Wear earplugs and a blindfold. Ensure you're not disturbed.

Dont get too excited about wanting to Astral Project. Learn to meditate and concentrate your focus first. Learn how to Lucid Dream.  Astral Projection is the end product of developing many new mind skills. And as Mr Ryan perfectly says, dont stress too much and allow whatever happens, to happen.

Epithr0s

Affirmations and developing focus is a beginning.

A crucial thing to remember is the Astral Plane is in essence non substance where as our prime is substance (substance is a defining term on how the individual percieves his relationship to the environment). Everything witnessed (not meaning to be impudent or condesending) at a beginner's level even through mastery is also an exercise of determining what are the real deal and whats a mirror of the sub concious or a mirror of conciousness.  Most of the time what you witness is a reflection of yourself personified into substance.  Only through focus and a clear mind (i.e. gotta lose the emotional connection) will a true experience unfold. 

schulzy175

Well, i had my first lucid dream last night and IT WAS AWESOME!! It lasted pretty freaking long. I really didnt plan on lucid dreaming, but when i was wanting to see a certain person at the end. i closed my eyes(in the dream)and focused and imagined i was there, but instead i started to fly? which was cool. But at the same time i started to fly, i think, i was about to astral project and was aware in my dream that i was about to do that and thought to myself not to. Now, next time i lucid dream, im going to try to astral project in lucid, any idea?(of course im googling it too :))

schulzy175

I also have no more fears of what ill encounter or fears at all because you really dont care about your fears when your able to do whatever the hell you want! You dont acknowledge them at all.

mels8780

Would having someone there help you ? It helps me even though I know they'd be in the physical. I went to my sister's room sometimes when it was really dark and I kept getting scared.

The more people and the lighter it is out the better for me.

Everybody I have been with while failing projection thought I was sleeping. Which I am doing while I'm failing astral projection.

mels8780

Quote from: schulzy175 on July 26, 2011, 15:16:06
I also have no more fears of what ill encounter or fears at all because you really dont care about your fears when your able to do whatever the hell you want! You dont acknowledge them at all.

This is why it is nice to have skeptics. This is why I don't push hard to have everyone believe in projection or anything psi related :p Not that I'm saying *you* seem like a threat to the world.