Please Help a Newbie

Previous topic - Next topic

BillionNamesofGod

Someone I know, not that well online, says he's been having
OBE type experiences and wants to learn more.

I said, the forums are a good place to start.

This was his reponse:

"i used to go the the astralpulse forums quite alot...but i found them
to be too intellectual and overly complicated.

I want to meet real people face to face who have had these kinda experiences."

Now nothing can convince him otherwise.  I think this is sad if these forums give that impression to newbies, this should be rectified.

Any suggestions?

Also, how many people are in the UK, can we something UK specific going, and get some regional groups going?

Anyone keen to get involved in organising this?

Saul

The forums really wont be so complicated if your friend picks up a basic book or reads further information on the net about OBEs. He will pick up on it fairly fast if he learns common terminology associated with metaphysics in general, more specifically OBE related terminology.
;)
On a side note: if he wants to meet people who have these experiences. have him take a ride to the nearest metaphysical bookstore. they have MANY programs where ppl get together and discuss OBEs and related topics and they are usually a great crowd. a little weird at times, but its a great place to go to meet like-minded ppl.
you want me to paint WHAT on the @#$%ing ceiling?
-Michelangelo-

french_hustler

hahaha.... i was exactly like that and i started to talking to Tom from this forum... the guy helped me a lot.  Probly taught me most of the things i know.  But the forum does look a little scary at first.