Astral Travel Question

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

If you become lucid during a dream, your conciousness will be in your dream body, not your astral body. Although, projecting from a lucid dream can be easier than projecting normally. You also have alot more 'freedom' in the astral, than in lucid dreams.

You can project or goto your room while in a projection or OBE, this would be considered the real time zone. I'm pretty sure the RTZ is the borderline between the etheric and astral plane, which is why it so closley relates to physical reality.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

Person

Good question.  I still haven't settled on where exactly dreams take place.  But I wouldn't say a lucid dream and astral projection are the same thing.  This is my scale to determine where I'm at:
Lucid: fully conscious, "feel" I'm dreaming and the world is fake.
Astral:  fully conscious, "feel" more real than reality
RT Projection:  fully conscious, "feel" like I'm really 'there'.. almost exactly the same as being awake except I feel lighter and think more spontaneously
In all three, I can control myself fully.  In a lucid, sometimes, I can create things consciously, but feel resistance (But in a WILD I have absolute control, but much less real).  In the astral I once created something by accident from a thought alone.  Haven't tried altering the environment.  In RTP, I cannot change the environment, but I can move through it.  But again, I never put serious effort into it.

I only have one experience that can shed some light on the question.  Once I was dreaming, then became lucid.  I got bored of the dream and it dissipated and all i saw was black static.  Then I felt a falling sensation and was then on the floor of my living room next to the kitchen, OBE :)  All other times I've woken up from a dream first, did not move, and was in a great state for OBE without all that preparation.  When in the astral, you could not go to your room unless you freshly created one.  Your room and body exist at a lower vibration.  If in the RTZ, then yes.  I've gone from full OBE to full AP, so yes it's possible.  Haven't tried the other direction yet, but I don't see why I couldn't.  In theory it would be easy to go from OBE back into dream state, but I would never want to try :)
-Person

Goldenshadow

I think it would be hard for anyonr to answer your question with confidence. We like to divide up the mind into little peices and them put them where we like. This part ends here and the other starts. Im wondering what the difference is between mind and body. Is there one?

terrance

Greetings Westcor

Good questions.
I've trained myself to look at my hands if I turn lucid in a dream - as a sort of confirmation that I'm lucid.  I've used this lucid state of awareness to jump into the 'astral' on two occasions.

My goal when lucid is to pop into a star scape (3d blackness) area of the astral that I'm very familiar with.  The first time I tried this I tried to literally jump from the lucid dream and found myselff messing about a repeating loft (attic) for some time.  I then went back to my start point, loooked at my hands again to keep up my concentration and then fully bent my mind to being in this starscape place.  Which worked and I went on to have some interesting adventures.

The second time was a few nights ago. This time the transition from lucid to astral was swift and easy.  I think it was too swift actually, because when I pulled myself together in the astral and set off to a place I had in mind I jolted myself awake.

I find Lucid dreams much more vivid in colour and I used to have a far easier time 'moving' about in them than at other levels of consciousness.

I would say that if you have lucid dreams often then prepare by having a particular place and purpose in mind to go to in the the astral.

t

westcor

I have a question for all you astral travelers out there. If you are dreaming and become lucid, will you be in the astral, and if so do you have the same powers as in the astral. Also could you move yourself to your room, to find your self fast asleep. One last question, would you be in the real time zone or the astral plane, and could you switch between the two? Thanks a lot for your time.