Astral winds in my room? Wonderful experience last night!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimi

I have experienced sleep paralysis about a dozen times in my lifetime. It used to scare the hell outta me until I started understanding what was really going on. I also know now that sleep paralysis is a prime opportunity for an OBE or astral projection (so I've been told and have read on these here boards).
So last night, after about 20 minutes int o my sleep, I kinda wake up and realize I'm in sleep paralysis....can't move a muscle but I'm awake enough to know it. After a brief panic, I calm myself down and focus my mind on my 3rd eye point (my eyes are closed). I immediately feel as though my body is speeding head first into the darkness. I begin to see purple/violet flashes of light. Odd geometric shapes (all symmetrical) begin to "speed past" me as I move forward at great speeds. Then the sudden roar of wind fills my ears. Very loud but not deafening. It seems to be swirling around me. I can hear my breathing speed up and I hear it very loudly. My eyes are still closed. The wind continues to roar. My body moving forward still and feeling very very light. I panic for a moment and think about my body lying in bed and I totally come back and am full awake. I open my eyes, still seeing symmetrical geometric shapes outlined with violet. And as I lied there in my bed with eyes open, my body felt like it was on a boat - rocking steadily from the left then to the right then back and forth again and again til it slowly stopped. The left side of my body (the side I was laying on) felt rather cold. I actually felt great awe and pleasure after it was all said and done.
Any feedback on what I experienced!?
Now about the winds....these were the "astral winds" correct? Does hearing these winds necessarily mean that you are leaving the body?
Thanks much.

CFTraveler

No answers- just to say that I have experienced the same except that I got out after 'coming' back by breathing deeply and trying 'rope' (after all that.)  I can see why the term 'astral wind' -it's like being in the middle of a hurricane that's sucking you 'up' instead of sideways.

Jimi

Thanks.
I guess more specifically, what are the "winds " about? I I know they are called the "astral winds" but what does that mean necessarily? By hearing the swirling winds around my head, was I leaving my body? Was I returning? Was I already out of it and in the astral world? Are the winds located on a  certain "plane"?
Any answers will enlighten me!

Beth

Jimi,

When I was in the beginning stages of projecting, I didn't even know what was happening to me.  I was a sophomore in college (at age 36) and when I began to hear loud buzzing/zapping noises in my head during my 'power naps' I thought I was just burning out my brain cells!!  After I began to just relax through these annoying sounds though, I began to hear a loud 'wind' sound that soon began to 'sweep through my body'.  Shortly thereafter, however, it was like the 'wind caught in some invisible wings that I was not aware that I had' and I shot right out the top of my head!  Whoosh!  I then found myself hovering outside my window.  That was my very first projection.

In subsequent early projections, I continued to hear zaps, buzzes, or loud bangs, immediately followed by the sound of a roaring wind previous to leaving my body, and interestingly enough, sometime in there I also flew in an commercial airplane.  As the plane was taxing down the runway, I was relaxing and readying myself for a nap, but when the engines fired up, and the plane began to lift off, I realized that this was very much like the sounds and sensations of an OBE.  

I don't know if anyone else can relate the sounds of a plane taking off, to the preliminary sensations of a projection, but I oftentimes think of the two as being similar.

Good luck, and stay with it.  Astral travel is truly amazing...your life will never be the same again!

~Beth

p.s. I don't hear those sounds very much any more, nor do I feel the wind.  I don't know if it is because I am just accustomed to projecting after so many years, or if I am doing something entirely different now.  What I experience now is more of an 'instantaneous movement' from one place of awareness into another.  For whatever it is worth, I kinda miss the 'high drama' of those early experiences though!
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

greatoutdoors

Jimi,

First off, congratulations on what sounds like a really neat experience!  :smile:  Don't analyze it too closely. Just try and recreate it!

As to your wind being "astral wind," I would have to say probably not, at least as it has been described by Robert Bruce (or was it Monroe?). Anyway, that description seemed to be not so much a sound as a force that just grabbed them while they were in the astral. RB said it was said it was an irrestible pull that grabbed everyone in the astral at the time and they could do nothing about it. He went on to describe what happened, but that is the part about the wind.

I am pretty sure the description is in Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics book, but I can't recall if he is describing his experience or quoting Monroe.

Jimi

coolcol1

I have heard these noises a couple of times when trying to project and they can be really frightening.  The hard part is trying to remain passive when you feel like you have an hurricane inside youre head.

Jeff_Mash

Quote from: coolcol1I have heard these noises a couple of times when trying to project and they can be really frightening.  The hard part is trying to remain passive when you feel like you have an hurricane inside youre head.

Yes, that is the key.  However, once you have 10, 20, 30+ hurricanes that have gone off in your head over a period of time, you learn to recognize these symptoms and becoming passive during them is easier than you ever thought it could be.

As with all things metaphysical, the first few times it happens, you're like, "WTF?!?!"  But afterwards, they are welcomed milestones that we all cross.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Jimi

Most definitely! I remember the first time I heard the loud "winds" (coupled with the feeling that my body was forcefully flying upwards at a million miles per hour!). I was terrified. Each time this has happened since then I have gotten more and more comfortable with what is happening. Now I am at the point where I truly hope that each night will bring on such an experience! The last time it happened I panicked for one moment and then totally relaxed, and then other incredible stuff was able to happen because I "let go". I guess fear comes with the unknown, but once the "unknown" has been tapped a few times, the fear dissipates with each passing experience.
Thanks again everyone for all the input!

Jimi

It's been awhile....maybe someone will respond to this prodigal son, heh heh.
In my previous posts on this thread (and in this post itself) I talk of being in sleep paralysis, relaxing, "going with it", then feeling weightless, and feeling rushed "up" as the sounds of swirling winds surround (or take me up) me. This has happened about a dozen times. And each time it's amazing. The roaring winds get louder and louder as I feel myself extremely relaxed, very weightless, "buzzing", and energy all around me. The point is......I ALWAYS have my eyes closed during this whole experience. Too afraid to open em during the loud winds and wierd feelings (vibes?). Curious: if I were to open my eyes, would I find myself projecting?? Would I be "in the air"??? Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Cosmic_Ambitions

I have also experienced the "Hurricane Inside The Head" phenomenon. It sounded like a thousand jets taking off within my skull. Also, I've experienced intense vibrations... almost to the point where it shakes my bed; my body becomes super-heated and starts to sweat as well. I've had some glimpses into some pretty amazing visuals.

I have to admit, when I hear the loud sounds in my head I get pretty startled. I'm still trying to stay calm during them, but it's not easy for me.

Sometimes I wish the transition were a little less startling. It's like swimming headlong up a raging waterfall.  However, it is amazing once the initial "startle" wears off.

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

Zante

I relate to seeing symbols on a black background. In my case they were all systematically arranged as though they were spelling something out. The ones which caught my attention were animated and the one which I took special interest in happened to look like a spinning daisy.

I'd like to discuss this some more with you.