B4 I PRACTice Now NO but weird things HAppening

Previous topic - Next topic

Exstortion

I used to be a pretty active user on astral society.  I got really interested in OBE after doing research and joining astral society.  I was practicing probably for a good four months with no success about 2 years ago.  The last 4 months or so ive been having short lucid dreams.  What i mean is ill be dreaming and realize im dreaming and ill try 2 fly.  Ill jump into the sky like 15 feet up and have trouble doing so and eventually get sucked back into the dream and going with it.  This is the part where im confused though.......  Sometimes Ill think of OBE while im lucid and my vision goes black as if I have my eyes closed and ill feel like im rolling.  Ill do a couple rolls and my vision is black but I think to myself conciously "Im about to project" ill get too scared and just try to wake myself up.  Sometimes I can just wake my self up just say im done and BAM my eyes or open physically and ill say to myself "dam that was weird" and just close my eyes and be back to dreaming.
      I think im about to experience a OBE but after the couple years ive been becoming a skeptic.  I wanna know other people opinions on this and I wanna know what i can do next time i become lucid to stay lucid because mostly i get sucked right back into my dream.

All answers will be appreciated

Xanth

Quote from: Exstortion on May 02, 2010, 19:56:29
      I used to be a pretty active user on astral society.  I got really interested in OBE after doing research and joining astral society.  I was practicing probably for a good four months with no success about 2 years ago.  The last 4 months or so ive been having short lucid dreams.  What i mean is ill be dreaming and realize im dreaming and ill try 2 fly.  Ill jump into the sky like 15 feet up and have trouble doing so and eventually get sucked back into the dream and going with it.
You're simply losing control of you consciousness.
You have to keep a clear and focused mind to remain in control of the dream.

QuoteThis is the part where im confused though.......  Sometimes Ill think of OBE while im lucid and my vision goes black as if I have my eyes closed and ill feel like im rolling.  Ill do a couple rolls and my vision is black but I think to myself conciously "Im about to project" ill get too scared and just try to wake myself up.
Your vision going to black and that sense of movement tells me that you already made the shift to being out of body.
However, you questioned your experience too much and it ended.

QuoteI think im about to experience a OBE but after the couple years ive been becoming a skeptic.  I wanna know other people opinions on this and I wanna know what i can do next time i become lucid to stay lucid because mostly i get sucked right back into my dream.

All answers will be appreciated
My answer is that you've already done it.

~Ryan :)

Exstortion

Yea i think maybe I have but its only short while im conscious how do I defer from a dream to OBE?

NZ Traveller

As far as I know buddy you cannot cross from a lucid dream to a conscious OBE. The reason for this is because you are a passive observer during a lucid dream. You may have limited control but as you said, you keep losing control. Thats because you are not fully IN control.

Here is why. Every night most people astral travel unfortunately most do not remember. When you become aware in a lucid dream, you are basically hitching a ride on an astral travel. The one in control is your subconscious. This is its world. It is comfortable in it.

Ever notice that when you become lucid in a dream that you seem to have a familiarity with your surroundings? You may even have memories that you can recall in your lucid state but then when you wake up you realise that you have no idea where you were or where the memories came from. This is because you are not in control but you share the same mind with the part that is in control.

So, you must learn to become conscious just before your mind/astral body, call it what you like, enters astral awareness. By catching the exit, your conscious mind will then be in control. This is a very unsettling experience at first. You may experience some fear and maybe even hysteria but as long as you are aware that you cannot be harmed in the astral and are prepared to trust your self and your helpers, then you will be ok.

May I ask why you want to do this? Motives are important.

Xanth

Quote from: NZ Traveller on May 02, 2010, 22:32:59
As far as I know buddy you cannot cross from a lucid dream to a conscious OBE. The reason for this is because you are a passive observer during a lucid dream. You may have limited control but as you said, you keep losing control. Thats because you are not fully IN control.
All of my projections throughout my life have been from converting a Lucid Dream to a conscious projection.
I can assure you that it's most definitely possible.  ;)

You're a passive observer in dreams... but once you're lucid in them, it's a whole new ballgame.

QuoteHere is why. Every night most people astral travel unfortunately most do not remember. When you become aware in a lucid dream, you are basically hitching a ride on an astral travel. The one in control is your subconscious. This is its world. It is comfortable in it.
It's my belief that Dreams, Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections all take place in the exact same "area".  This area *IS* your subconscious.
You're not quite "hitching a ride" as much as your unconscious awareness is just fueling the scenes around you and you're simply "playing along" as an actor.
When you become Lucid, absolutely nothing changes other than your conscious awareness has come around to realizing that you physical body is really asleep and that you are now inside a dream.

So, in essence, the only difference between the three states is how "consciously aware" you are.

QuoteEver notice that when you become lucid in a dream that you seem to have a familiarity with your surroundings? You may even have memories that you can recall in your lucid state but then when you wake up you realise that you have no idea where you were or where the memories came from. This is because you are not in control but you share the same mind with the part that is in control.
For me, this familiarity ends when I become Lucid.
After that, in most cases, I wonder why the hell I've been dreaming about what I've been dreaming.  LoL
For example, my most recent Lucid Dream started after I was aware that I was hovering 50 feet above my old high school... I really had no idea why I was there, other than realizing I was dreaming.

QuoteSo, you must learn to become conscious just before your mind/astral body, call it what you like, enters astral awareness. By catching the exit, your conscious mind will then be in control. This is a very unsettling experience at first. You may experience some fear and maybe even hysteria but as long as you are aware that you cannot be harmed in the astral and are prepared to trust your self and your helpers, then you will be ok.
I can't add anything more to that statement.  Well put.  :)

QuoteMay I ask why you want to do this? Motives are important.
I'm actually finding that motives really don't mean too much.
Even if your motives could be considered "bad"... you'll still eventually project.
It's more about Determination than it is Motivation.

I hope some of that helped.

NZ Traveller

It may be an individual thing then.

I havent had a lucid dream yet that i could fully control. The parameters for me, have already been  locked in and although i may have some control, trying to change the entire scene into something i would like to see or experience just brings me back waking conscious.

Maybe with enough practice it is possible. I must try that next time I have a lucid dream?

I find becoming aware before the exit gives me much more control. I can control my location, destination and how i interact within the experience much better from this starting point. However I am always open to new possibilites and have been having some quite lucid experiences lately without trying to achieve astral awareness. I will give it a go and let you know how i get on. Cheers

Xanth

Quote from: NZ Traveller on May 02, 2010, 23:45:30
It may be an individual thing then.

I havent had a lucid dream yet that i could fully control. The parameters for me, have already been  locked in and although i may have some control, trying to change the entire scene into something i would like to see or experience just brings me back waking conscious.

Maybe with enough practice it is possible. I must try that next time I have a lucid dream?
The trick is to close off your thoughts and emotions to the dream environment.  :)

QuoteI find becoming aware before the exit gives me much more control. I can control my location, destination and how i interact within the experience much better from this starting point. However I am always open to new possibilites and have been having some quite lucid experiences lately without trying to achieve astral awareness. I will give it a go and let you know how i get on. Cheers
For all intents and purposes you're already "out".
Dreaming IS projecting.  

AstralBeginnings

I have often wondered how people who claim to Lucid Dream know they are doing so and what is the difference.  I had had 3 OBE's last month before I got my first ever Lucid Dream (which I then converted successfully to a conscious exit OBE) and I tell you something, there is ZERO mistaking a Lucid Dream for a normal (or even partially lucid) Dream.  In mine, I was dreaming and I was in a room with a staircase ahead of me.  I suddenly came to the realisation that I was dreaming and all of a sudden the scene I was "viewing" as a dream, surrounded me. When I dream, I certainly dream in 3D, but it lacks depth and when you think about it, its kind of like watching a movie to a certain degree.  When I became Lucid, it was not like watching a movie, it was like being in one!  Not only was I viewing a scene (even viewing 1st person) but I was immersed in it.  I could feel space behind me and all around and I was as conscious and aware as I am writing this now.  It was a very peculiar sensation, but trust me, when it happens there will be no confusion about whether or not its a Lucid Dream or not!

My Blog about my AP progression from almost day 1
http://astralbeginnings.com

radman32

I think that's such an amazing revelation when you transfer to completely lucid. I've had completely lucid dreams from a third person perspective though, which is quite weird.