Battling my own demons....

Previous topic - Next topic

vince

Hi peeps, i have been here on and off for years and the reason i came here in the first place was to learn Astral projection. I also went to another Gnostic website which ran a course every so often free of charge.
I wanted to leave my body so badly 10 yrs back that nothing else was going to get in the way.

I had been doing meditation, concentration exercises and awareness during the days and within a week i had my first vivid dream, i was so shocked at the detail and the reactions on certain dream character when i decided to step up and say no to him. He was so shocked and then it became violent as if he was not getting the emotional energy anymore so he switched his game up to get an emotion, any how not long after that night i woke up in the morning to do dream recall and suddenly remember looking out my window looking at a cat walk by and it looked at me and walked on, I was in a zombi like state just standing there. Well it had been a week and i went to bed as normal and just focused with all my might on a simple rain drop the reflections etc. I found this extremely difficult as the image would disappear and reappear but i remained as focused as i could well as far as i thought i fell asleep until i became aware of looking down my bed to my toes nothing unusual everything was clear(but some what hazey) as it should be in waking life until i focused a little on my arms, i just lifted a perfect transparent electric blue arm out of my arm as this was happening my other arm lifted well i thought instantly oh excrement and tried to look around. This suddenly got weird, one minute i am focused on a particular part of me and then suddenly i become aware of 360degree around my room all at one time, its at this time i become aware of a dark or some sort of thing with no form in the corner. i just do not know what it was but my fight or flight kicked in and i was shouting almost screaming "back to my body now" .

Sorry for the long winded introduction however there is a point to my story.

I was so focused on my goal without expectation of anything bad (there was not much chat about this stuff back in the day) that i just scared the living daylights out of myself, To the point i never tried again for ten years due to fear. I always wanted to but the fear comes up just like hunger does. an emotion.

I never had vibrations, sp,noises nothing.

I really want to repeat what i did back then minus the fear. I want to leave my body and have come to the a point in my thinking that the worst thing that will happen is i get woken up from an emotion be it fear or excitement

Does anybody else just slip out there body with know symptoms at all.
Would i be able to slip out of body the same way with Franks phase method.

On a final point, cudos to the website and members. As i said i been around for a while and this really is the go to place for no nonsense.

EscapeVelocity

Welcome to the Pulse, vince!

The first one or two NP experiences can be quite extraordinary and confusing, hard for anybody to put into a category. They are experiences that are purely personal and (my opinion only) fairly normal in their chaotic nature. I had them; and I have read of others with similar events.

Don't fail because of fear. You experience situations every night as you sleep...none of this has ever killed you or injured you.

You don't need any special preparations or incantations...just go to bed with the Intent that you will remember your dreams; then write them down in the morning, even if it is just a few trigger words. If you really earnestly desire to pursue this, then that is all you have to do to begin. Part of it comes naturally; part of it takes some dedicated effort.

Ask for the experiences and they will be given.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

vince

Hi, thank you for your advise. I have ramped up my dream recall and make nightly notes as i need to write dreams down immediatly and waiting till morning does not work for me.
You say this is all i need to do for now, I really would like to just do it all now however i do realise this is not for me at this time.
I will keep my meditations,awareness and dream recall going and hopefully i will have the desired experiance soon enough
Thanks