Beginner Astral Projector

Previous topic - Next topic

somethingspecial87

So last night while sleeping , I astral projected. I am still kind of new to this, still learning how to control my body and everything from what feels like being stuck on the ceiling or only seeing the ground beneath me and feeling like I can't get my body to stand upright. Is there anything that I can do that will help me be able to control my body more? Thanks.  :-)

ThaomasOfGrey

In my experience if you are struggling to move or see it means you are only barely clinging on to the reality you are in. It might help to cement yourself further in the experience. Spinning in a circle is a good physical anchor and should help yield some control of the body. Sight is a tough one, I have often found myself with blurred or completely distorted vision lately. Demanding clarity is meant to resolve this, but for whatever reason I haven't remembered to actually do it. Knowing what to do here is not the same as actually acting upon it there, even if you realize you are dreaming you might forget. keep drilling it into your mind and it will become an automatic response.

EscapeVelocity

This is the first type of OBE that most people experience. It is known variously as a Near Physical, Real-Time Zone or Etheric Body/Plane OBE. It can be somewhat frustrating early on learning how to handle this new vehicle of consciousness that you occupy.

It is funny, when I was seven years old I could zip around the neighborhood and fly up into the stars with ridiculous ease; later on in my twenties, I had to rediscover how to operate in this environment like learning to crawl and walk and dance all over again.

For me, this Near Physical/Etheric environment is similar to being underwater: a kind of atmospheric pressure is noticeable that plugs my ears and a very minimal kind of gravity seems present which can change directions on me, sometimes letting me gently fall to the floor, and other times pinning me against the ceiling.

Learning to see, touch, move and talk all require new ways of thinking/interpreting the data available because the old five Physical senses just don't exist here. Like you have noticed, just staying upright can be difficult, lol.

The best answer to all your questions is that you need repeated exposure to this environment and with each new exposure you will gain a little more understanding on both conscious and instinctive levels.

There is a basic trick which Thaomas is hinting at, a basic understanding that will be the first building-block for you as you explore deeper into the Non-Physical Realities beginning with this one. Part of that trick starts with having an Intention to do something coupled with the thought or mental declaration such as, "Give me vision!" gets you the intended result.

It takes some trial and error and repeated efforts until this A+B=C begins to come more naturally for you but this is the key to how to navigate in these environments.

In any of these Realities beginning with the Physical -Intent, Thought, Action are all present in varying degrees. Intent is always required, but the proportion of each gradually becomes an inverse ratio as higher frequencies are encountered. In the Physical, besides Intent and Thought, some physical mechanism and some physical action are required. In the Etheric, some physical-seeming mechanisms are required but the ratio of Intent/Thought becomes more noticeable. In the Astral, the ratio of Intent and Thought increases and translates almost instantly into Action, almost no physicality required. In the Mental Plane, the ratio is almost completely Intent/Thought...

So this is what is mean't by the phrase "In Non-Physical Reality, thought equals action."

And this should help to make clear why control of our emotions first, and then our thoughts later, is so important to moving into these higher frequency experiences.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on December 27, 2015, 22:42:12
It can be somewhat frustrating early on learning how to handle this new vehicle of consciousness that you occupy.
Your entire post was fantastic EV. But I had to really pinpoint the quote above because it explains so many different experiences that we will find in the "NP/other realms", whatever name people wish to use.

Everywhere you go in the NP you are being challenged to "handle this new vehicle". Everything you do works towards it.

One of my first APs was with a deceased brother-inlaw. His name was Charlie and had the upmost respect for him here in his physical realm. He was one of the leading historians for Minnesota. He was also a member of the Knights Templar and also a former Grand Commander for the Minnesota Chapter. I always looked up to him.

One day he showed up in one of my APs and he stayed as a "mentor" of sorts for about 2 months. One of the first things he taught me was depth perception. I found myself at some auditorium and Charlie was speaking on the stage. He then reached down, picked up a bow and arrow and shot the arrow right at me. The scene then hit slow motion as the arrow approached me. It was one of my first realizations that there of a true 3D view. Then one by one he taught me how to "navigate" the NP.

After about 2 months of visitations he just disappeared and I have never seen him since. In the beginning I had never had the intent to see him. His visits were completely spontaneous.

Through the last years I have seen a change in these "vehicles of consciousness". Every time I experience a block or find myself in a "higher level" per say, I find that I have to learn to navigate this new area all over again. The blocks occur to force me to "find another way" to access the NP. That's why I constantly experiment with new methods and new ways to access the NP. 

Now lastly to answer the Ops initial question " Is there anything that I can do that will help me be able to control my body more?", yes, 4 words "Experience it some more". The more we experience this, the more we learn. We are being taught all the time there. The more we access this new "area" the more we get to learn how to navigate it or as EV put it above "learning how to handle this new vehicle of consciousness".

You could also think of your "happy place" while you are in that state. Visualize it in your mind and you will soon find yourself there. While there though, do some exploration. A  new exciting adventure always awaits you!  :wink:

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

Thank you for sharing those experiences Lumaza! I always wanted to ask you about those particular OBEs involving guidance from your brother-in-law. The impact on such a personal level, I can only imagine, especially as unexpected as it was to suddenly have that level of contact!

"Learning the new vehicles of consciousness"...yes, it is SO much more than what we originally think, just floating up and poking around the house or going to find a friend! There is SO much more involved and to learn that we can barely even guess at.

Literally the first step upon an iceberg! :wink: or into a dark and terrifyingly wonderful forest!
                                                          -O. Wilde

EscapeVelocity

Hey somethingspecial87,

I apologize if we got too far into the weeds and slightly sideways off your thread! This is good info Thaomas and Lumaza have shared nonetheless.

First off, congratulations are in order! Was this your first OBE? Can you tell us a bit more about it, especially given some of the information we've shared?

EV

-O. Wilde

ThaomasOfGrey

Apparently talking about "clarity now" yesterday finally got it into my sub conscious because I had a break through in last night's astral projection. I was able to maintain the experience after realizing I was dreaming for what seemed like 30 minutes. A combination of the spinning technique for physical cementing and repeating clarity whenever things get blurry worked. I found that it was necessary to spam clarity at times as the vision would only resolve slightly each time.

My balance is still poor because the vividness of the experience was constantly slipping away and needing to be addressed. Most of the experience took place at some kind of University. I was visiting some kind of official in order to join a campus club. Regrettably the purpose of the club escaped my memory, but I do remember successfully converting a concrete footpath into grass by willing it. Spamming grass, similar to clarity did the trick.

The next step is to up the ante on the vividness. When I am there I feel like the experience is pretty real, but my recollection of it rarely lives up to how I remember it being at the time.

Lumaza

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on December 28, 2015, 06:30:09
Apparently talking about "clarity now" yesterday finally got it into my sub conscious because I had a break through in last night's astral projection.
I find that many times here when people reply to other member's posts that they themselves seem to "reap the rewards" of that sharing as well. I always reread my posts here to see if I could be also answering my own questions. I also do it to see if I need to add something or edit my reply in general. Just talking about a AP topic in general keeps you in the "mindset" needed for "deeper" and continued projection.

Just above EV had posted the importance of "handling" this new vehicle. That may be what is causing "blocks" in many people, even the one that posted that quote above.  :wink:

Thaomas I try to avoid the physical requirements of the "other realms". I try to see everything now as I would from a single point of consciousness. This new thinking has given me great "clarity" in the NP. A single point of consciousness never has to have it's feet on the ground. A single point of consciousness has no feet!  :-)

That new mindset comes deeper into the LD scenario. There is normally a progression beginning with a 3rd person view, then to a 1st person view,  finally the finale is a single point of consciousness view. The last one leads to some really mind blowing experiences.

You may ask what's the difference between 1st person and a single point of consciousness. With the 1st person view I am still "considered" a physical entity. I have appendages and have access to all of my regular physical senses. With a single point of consciousness I just "am". No appendages and there seems to just be the sense of "knowing". Telepathy is the only mode of communication here. Thought to thoughts being transferred immediately. Information shared at warp speed. But still the quests and challenges remain in navigating/handling that "new vehicle" of consciousness.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

ThaomasOfGrey

Yes, this is far from the first time that I have learned and advanced from my own posts. Speaking ideas to others has always been a great tool for solving software problems too. I will work towards point consciousness, that seems pretty awesome.

EscapeVelocity

Quote from: Lumaza on December 28, 2015, 20:32:53
I find that many times here when people reply to other member's posts that they themselves seem to "reap the rewards" of that sharing as well. I always reread my posts here to see if I could be also answering my own questions. I also do it to see if I need to add something or edit my reply in general. Just talking about a AP topic in general keeps you in the "mindset" needed for "deeper" and continued projection. 
This definitely works for me as well. These concepts that we experience and share need time to percolate, resonate and resolve within ourselves and others to bear their full fruit. The sharing of ideas and perspective here is invaluable, and I thank everybody for it. I hope my experiences inspire others to think because their responses always cause me to re-think!

The progression of mindset within a LD that Lumaza talks about, I can totally agree with; why it happens, I'm not sure; third person leading to first person, leading to point-consciousness; maybe it is an "exercising' of the focus muscles...it definitely challenges your ability to keep up with the changes!

Point-consciousness...I usually don't recognize it until after the fact...I'm just zipping around from scene to scene without needing to engage with hands or feet...just observing...sometimes, maybe I guess that I am a blob or a cloud of energy...telepathy is the rule, thought is instantaneous...blocks of information...

Great points Lumaza and Thaomas!
                                                          -O. Wilde

personalreality

If you spend some time learning how to control your mind in waking life it will translate into your 'dreaming' life.

I've been talking about this in the Astral Pulse Facebook chat.

Start doing things in your waking life that will teach you to quiet your mind and focus.

My personal examples are all physical activities (not traditional mediation) that help me "zone out" (enter alpha state).

Like today, I whittled a piece of wood for like 2 hours. No purpose or end goal, it was just an activity that quieted my mind. I also like to chant/drum, garden, walk, take pictures in the woods, clean something, etc. Whatever you can do to "zone out" (though "zoning in" would be more accurate). I try to find activities I can do in my everyday life that I can turn into meditation exercises. For example, at work (I manage a bar), I'll take all the liquor bottles down, clean them, put them back. Or maybe I'll turn counting out cash banks into meditation, which is something I do for 15-20 minutes every day anyway, so why not let it become meditation?

If you do this regularly and intentionally, you become familiar with altered states and learn to control them. Perhaps you're more into martial arts or something? Try tai chi or aikido or whatever. It's all moving meditation. It's all about altering brainwave patterns and becoming adept at it.

After some time, this control of your mind/focus will become habitual and it will translate into your nonwaking states.
be awesome.

soki

Well this turned out to be a pretty interesting topic! I used to do as you say personalreality. The shower is a good place for me to do that. I will get somewhere else than wehre I am at that moment, whether it be in the shower or doing something else. I love the feeling of being so empty-minded that you don't even feel like being in your physical body, as if you exist somewhere else. It's a natural process of the body,from there come many expressions like ''to have one's head in the clouds'' or to be ''absent-minded''. ''To be far far away''. It happens naturally when one is gazing upon something without actually looking at it, or noticing it more precisely. It's relaxing and yes it helps being able to do the same with your eyes closed which leads to an altered state of mind.

I started my practice of AP once again now that I've got more time for it and I took it back to where I was. I can get to phase in a scenario on which I have no control, and once I am ''there'' I forget that I was trying to phase so I am not conscious at all. I don't know how to keep my awareness since I got to let it go in order to successfully phase. I might write a topic on that soon enough to get help from more experienced people even if I think I'm gonna have to solve the problem by myself in order to get past it.

personalreality

Quote from: soki on January 19, 2016, 14:54:17
I started my practice of AP once again now that I've got more time for it and I took it back to where I was. I can get to phase in a scenario on which I have no control, and once I am ''there'' I forget that I was trying to phase so I am not conscious at all. I don't know how to keep my awareness since I got to let it go in order to successfully phase. I might write a topic on that soon enough to get help from more experienced people even if I think I'm gonna have to solve the problem by myself in order to get past it.

It was hard for me too when I started.

For starters, I don't really know what actually helped me gain more control, but I did gain more control the more I projected consciously (that is, the more I sat down and intentionally entered an OOB state, not just achieved awareness in a dreaming state).

However, after a couple years, I stopped making "conscious" attempts to have OBEs and started opting more for gaining conscious awareness in dreams. It took a while and it was hard, but once I taught myself to "wake up" into a dream, the whole control issue kind of disappeared. I then found it a lot easier to do all kinds of stuff in this LD state. And for the sake of clarity, I consider AP, LD, etc., to be the same thing. Here's the weird part that threw me off at first. Generally, in a LD I became consciously aware in the middle of a dream already taking place. So it felt weird, like I was watching a movie and suddenly entered that movie, taking over the role of an actor who was playing me in the movie. Only, I wasn't that actor and I had experienced the early parts of the movie like they had. I felt like the outsider, like an alien who didn't understand the social taboos of the people I was with. It wasn't until I realized that once I took over that role, I could stop the movie, scrap it, and go about my business that I realized this experience was the same as all the other nonphysical type experiences I had induced in other ways.

It was something about that experience of taking control and then totally erasing the environment of the dream that I interrupted and building something new that changed the way I experienced and behaved in the otherworld environments.

I know that's probably not helpful, but it's hard to quantify such subtle actions.
be awesome.

soki

I think the same as you or Xanth about LD's and AP. You're living a conscious spiritual experience and that's what really is important. I figured out the same thing, I have to keep on going to get better at it. I think I have to grasp the exact moment where my awareness lets go towards sleep and when my consciousness shifts to a different state where I am ''somewhere else''. In my opinion, I lack the control of that little slip of awareness, I let go too fast so I end up phasing without keeping my whole awareness. Got to watch it a little, will keep experimenting on that.

The reason that make me think the same as you and Xanth about the whole LD and AP subject and them being the same (or labels) is because I succeeded doing all the steps towards what is called or labelled ''phasing''. People consider it as APing, but when I get there it feels more like a dream kind of state, because I have no control over the experience as if I was dreaming at night and remembering all once I wake up. It is the exact same thing, but when I phase I do it from an awake state. I'm gone there in a second and I come back as fast as I went. It's all the same, the only changing factor is the level of awareness of the practitionner. THAT is what is really gonna influence your experience. Not the way you get ''there'' nor the fact it's labelled LD because you gained consciousness from a dream state or AP because it was straight from the waking state. I think people need to understand this since it can help a lot to understand how it all works. Thanks for your help always love to read about others practices! Good continuation in your journey my friend

The Piper

Hi all.
My first Post here. Hope i am posting in the right section.
Just looking for some guidance from the more experienced here
Very interested in this topic.
Will try keep this short and to the point.

Some time last year i listened to a guy with headphones, his name have slipped my mind for now.
Listening to his voice . suppose to aid you in the process, but i all ways seem to fall asleep.
Lost interest and forgot about it for awhile.

So last week googled  it again see this guy on u tube saying how easy it was.
Close your eyes, start deep breathing,stay still. Trick the mind into thinking the body asleep basically.

So here goes, started this process deep long breaths, counting them,when i came between 40 or 50 breaths i experienced some thing i never experienced in my life, body temp changed,heart beat, and the biggest thing,all i can describe it severe pins and needles on my face. I got excited and a small
bit afraid at the same time.

So the night after same again deep breathing pins and needles in my face again, but this time like parts of my body started to jump,like having spasms.Nothing more happened after that.

So my question is whats happening here, am i on the right road,what am i experiencing on my face, what have i to do to continue
Thanks

Astralsuzy

Your technique sounds great.    I am going to start doing that all the time.   At times my body twitches, arms or legs come up.   I do not like it when that happens because it pulls me out of that ap state.    I feel I have to start again.   You are on the right path.   Keep persevering with it.   You will get there. 

Lumaza

Hello Piper and Welcome!

As Suzy said, your technique sounds great. Stay the course with it. Keep a journal of your progress no matter how small you think a new happening is, it's all known as a step in the right direction.

This Forum here is loaded with all kinds of great info to help you experience the "other realms" consciously aware. Whether that be due to Phasing (which is known as a shift while consciously aware), a OBE (out of body experience, whereas you feel you are exiting your physical vessel) or a Lucid Dream (whereas you become consciously aware from a Dream state). They are all considered "non ordinary states of consciousness".

Here is a sub Forum with some great Stickies to help you understand more. They are the threads in BOLD BLUE LETTER. Actually the Stickies in every Sub Forum here on the Astral Pulse are very good.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness-b30.0/

Lastly here is link to a thread that will show you not only how normal those "Signposts" that you experienced were, but also some more possible things that you may or may not experience in the future. Just remember though, you must handle your fear and that only way I know how to do that is by confronting it head on.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

The Piper

The Piper

Hi again
Is the breathing an important part pf AP

ThaomasOfGrey

Quote from: The Piper on February 03, 2016, 21:45:20
Hi again

Not by default, it should be conceptually possible to phase instantly without breathing at all. If you need the crutch, most of us do, of reaching a state of deep physical and mental relaxation you may find that breathing becomes a distraction that anchors to this reality.

Using controlled breath can be helpful for two reasons - achieving a rhythm which is not physically distracting and oxidation of the body does increase conductivity of energy systems which can sometimes lead to spontaneous visions.

Lumaza

Quote from: The Piper on February 03, 2016, 21:45:20
Hi again
Ignoring your breathing is. You can't stay conscious of it the whole way through, simply because you don't breathe in these "other realms". You don't have a physical body anymore and there are new different rulesets to open up to there. Point consciousness doesn't need to breathe!

soki

I agree with Lumaza and Thaomas, while I also think at the same time that it can be a way to relax faster AT THE STARTING POINT of your session. Doing conscious breathing (feeling the air going in and out of your nose, how the whole action feels like) can help to focus towards yourself and forget your ''spatial feeling'' (thinking about being in your room, or in your bed). But as you go further in the process, you have to get rid of your body sensation and focus your awareness somewhere else that feels like being inside of you. It can sometimes feel as if you were looking at yourself from the inside, and I think that's one of the reasons Frank Kepple is talking about a 180 degrees shift towards the NP. So it can be a good focusing exercise for beginners, but if you wanna AP you've gotta stop focusing on your breath 5-10 minutes after you begin your session since you'll have reached the deeper state possible with this technique if you do it well (according to my own experiences).