Bit of help please

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Okay, I've pretty much got the relaxation down, mind awake, body asleep, that one, now what?  I can't seem to get any further no matter what I do! :x

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

daem0n

Search for the cause of self, in self
To find everything and nothing

Frank

Hello:

The various states should flow from the initial MABA state. Problem is, it is not just a question of being very relaxed. The MABA state is not something you feel, it is an actual "state" that you become or you "phase" into. As you become the MABA state you should feel a definite shift in consciousness (180 degree phase shift in awareness).

Yours,
Frank

Andali27

can you dumb that down for me?
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

TOTALANATION

Swimmingbear

Andali,
Give this a try.
Go to bed around 8 or 9 and then get up at 2 a.m.
Stay up for 2 hours.
Now relax and get into your mind awake body asleep state.
When you feel your there try to roll out and get up.
Perhaps you will find yourself out of your body.

Andali27

That will be a little Friday night adventure.  I'll try it, thanks.

TOTALANATION

Frank

"can you dumb that down for me?"

One of my posts to one of the sticky threads talks about the Phasing process in some detail. I forget the title of the thread but it's the one originally posted by CptPicard, and the post I am referring to is my latest post to that thread.

Problem is people get the idea of the mind awake body asleep (MABA) and think all they need to do is simply relax their physical body and everything happens for them. That may be the case with some people but many others get mighty frustrated when nothing happens. I have been saying for some time that I consider it more productive to forget concentrating on the physical body completely. Rather, concentrate upon shifting your awareness through the simple "noticing" exercise I talk about.

The other "technique" I have found productive is to shift your perception within physical focus first and then try doing whatever it is you want to do. The easiest way I have found of doing this, is to concentrate solely on my breathing. This idea, of course, is nothing new. But again I feel people complicate things unnecessarily in developing all manner of different breathing techniques and methods.

I'm not sure how common this is, but I hold a remembrance of what I call "play states" I used to enter as a child. There was a time in my life, for example, when breathing was a novelty and I used to revel in the wonder of it while lying in my cot. What I found is when I enter this play-state then all thoughts of the physical world at large, simply falls away and it's like the curtains open in my mind. From this point, it's usually just a matter of applying a simple awareness shift and I'm immersed within non-physical reality.

When I say concentrate on my breathing, I'm not concentrating on breathing in any particular way. I'm simply focussing my attention on it and revelling in the wonder of it as a concept. I think also that people largely miss the point with a lot of this. They take it all too literal when what we are doing, in essence, is experimenting with all manner of situations and events as concepts, our perception of which is dependent upon state.

Yours,
Frank

Andali27

I got a weird state last night where I kind of felt 'not me' in some way, it was a strange state and kind of happened and then when I thought about it, everything was normal.  I dunno but I'll try and find your post, no luck so far.

Andali

TOTALANATION

Selski

Andali

Here's the post you are looking for:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14485

I can recommend the noticing exercise - it really is something else.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Andali27

TOTALANATION

EnderZ

Exactly as frank said.

Also, when phasing into MABA remember to clear your surface mind, and not allow any verbal thoughts to surface. Another variation on focusing on breathing, is instead focusing on your heart beat, which is what I do.

Just focus on the beat, nothing else. Just as focusing soley on the breathing, this also helps to keep your surface mind free from thoughts.

I feel heavyness around my body, a different type of thinking, my awarness sometimes shifts by itself from my head to my stomach. this is usually when the vibes kick in for me.

-En

Andali27

Something odd happened last night.  I kind of felt some sort of  shift where I felt 'not me' so to speak.  I can't really describe it but it was strange enough, almost like feeling I was a void or something cause I kept going back to 'me' then phasing out or some kind of word like that, I'm not even too sure what phasing is but yeah.  I usually get thoughts and sentances in my head when I hit the 'twilight zone', they don't go away but I never get that when I try to AP.

Andali

TOTALANATION

Frank

If you keep practicing phasing into what you call the "not me" state then you will find that you phase shift away from the physical altogether.

How it tends to begin at first is you are sitting or lying down just wondering if you are doing it right, or whatever, then one of the first signs of making progress is you will suddenly "snap back" to your normal physical state. At which point you will look back and realise that a moment ago you were fully conscious and following a train of thought, but you were not actually fully focused within the physical. You may have been hearing voices and sounds and/or seeing images, you may have been having a conversation with someone, or whatever. And you realise this has just happened as you snap-back to physical.

If you persist, what will happen is you begin to notice yourself slipping into the state. In other words you begin to recognise when it is happening and this allows your thinking to "go along with the flow" of it. This gives you the ability to remain fully aware and phase shift further from the physical, while remaining fully conscious of you doing so.

Yours,
Frank

Andali27

Actually, I think I was successful in phase shifting yesterday.  Let me describe.  I was lying on the floor, thinking about how the blackness I could see with my closed eyes wasn't really black but kind of moving and grey etc.  Then I decided to try and do that phase thing.  I imagined myself outside this tall building with the spinning door (forgot the name) and being outside, imaged my body and then I walked through and once inside, switched to imagining my mind and the not so black blackness I could see.  I had this weird sensation for a moment that I, even for a split second, forgot my body was there.  Strange.  I quite liked the feeling actually.  I kept switching, or, phasing, back and forth and I could feel I was feeling different from the last time I tried.  I had this kind of bubbly weird feeling in my chest.  I also shiver, by just thinking about it I shiver for some reason.
What do I do now?  Wait and see what happens?

Andali

TOTALANATION

Potatis

I experience exactly what Frank wrote in his last post quite often.

Just as often, I eventually "phase" into sleep. Grrrr. If I could just hold on! Sometimes I just lie awake for hours into the night, deeply relaxed, but alert, and nothing interesting happens. I can hear my body snoring sometimes, while I lay feeling alert. I don't think I quiet my thoughts enough. But my body is very difficult to move if I get sick of lying there and decide to quit and get some sleep.

I know... Try again. :-)

Potatis

astralspinner

Another "agreeing with Frank" post :)

After getting comfortable, relaxing any obvious tension, and making sure I can breathe easily, I ignore my body completely and focus on mental excercises.

I used to focus on how my mind felt when I cleared it of thoughts. I found that I kept getting catchy songs running through my head and getting in the way, so I altered my practice. I now concentrate on listening to the music whilst ensuring I stay in the 'stillness' of a clear mind.

A tip: Tonight when you go to bed and you're waiting to fall asleep, take a close note of how your mind feels. When I hit a roadblock with trance once, this was what cleared it for me. I'd been directing my focus downwards, but I noticed at night that my focus was upwards when waiting for sleep. Next day during meditation, I directed my mind upwards, and wham! Hello trance state!

I know I'm in light trance when my mind feels odd - your "not me" state, perhaps? I know I'm getting deeper when I stop hearing the music in my head and it becomes actual sound that I'm hearing, along with other random sounds, voices, impressions and dream images. At this point, my mind feels truly different, but I can usually not hold it for long.

It gets ever-easier to hold, tho, and I'm getting better and better at doing stuff within the state: Guiding the imagery, for instance. Yesterday I remembered that visualising yourself going downwards is supposed to help deepen trance, so I did so, and I actually found myself in a dream-scenario where I was in a lift shaft and the floor was sinking as doors closed above me. I wasn't just imagining it, I was genuinely experiencing it.

I've also noticed it has knock-on effects. Last night, I had a great dream, woke up from it, focussed on the dream, and fell back into it again - or at least, to a very similar one. This time, I was aware I was in a dream tho. That makes two lucid dreams this week (doing nothing but meditating, which beats all records of my 'reality checking' LD attempts), and in both I not only knew I was dreaming, but could FEEL when I was in danger of loosing the dream state, and was able to deliberately 'hold on' to it, just like when I 'hold on' to the trance state.

It's damn difficult to put it all into words tho. It makes keeping a blog of it a total nightmare!

Andali27

I tried something with BWGEN yesterday but didn't get into the vibes stage, probably cause I wasn't keeping at it long enough.  I tried again without it later on that night and pretty much reached the same stage as BWGEN got me to.  It felt different from other times I've tried to AP but I gave up at 10:15pm.  I woke up at almost 4am for no apparnet reason and couldn't get back to sleep.  When I started to get close to sleeping, I got hit with a paralysis I had had before I started trying AP again.  I got that twice before I flipped onto my back deciding I'd try and take advantage of it and try to AP from a paralysis state.  No avail.  I fell asleep shortly after that I think during another bout of it.  Annoying to say the least and the experience isn't exactly plesent.  Anyway, any suggestions?  No matter how hard I try and how hard I don't try, I can't get any vibes.  Help!

Andali

TOTALANATION

Potatis

I have got the vibes a couple of times from this state, even as recently as last night from using the command "clarity now!". I know this sounds dumb but it worked. The first time I did this, I was deeply relaxed, my body felt asleep, my mind was alert, and for ages nothing happened. So I just said in my mind "Clarity Now!" just for the sake of it, and I felt a tingle. I thought this was strange, because I really (negatively) expected it to do nothing. So I said it again, and I got more of a tingling rush. I said it a third time and the vibes hit immediately through my whole body.

I know it seems a stupid command to bring on vibes, but "vibes now" didn't work for me, and clarity now DOES. It doesn't work every time, but it does work most times. It works when my body feels asleep, but my mind is awake. I can often hear myself snoring. I get stuck at the vibes. I can't seem to intensify them by will, or through breathing deeply. My body buzzes significantly, but it seems not enough to have an OBE.

"Clarity Now!" is worth a try, even if it doesn't work for you.

Potatis

Andali27

TOTALANATION

EnderZ

Quote from: astralspinnerAnother "agreeing with Frank" post :)
I know I'm in light trance when my mind feels odd - your "not me" state, perhaps? I know I'm getting deeper when I stop hearing the music in my head and it becomes actual sound that I'm hearing, along with other random sounds, voices, impressions and dream images. At this point, my mind feels truly different, but I can usually not hold it for long.

It's the same for me.  I know when I start to enter a trance when my minds thought process changes, and i feel pressure on my body.

When Im in a deeper state of trance, any song that was in my head before, instead of singing it in my head, im now hearing it in myhead as if i was listening to it on head phones.  THis can actually be alot of fun, messing around with songs and such, but it can get you off track. When in a deep trance I feel discontected from my body.

Yesterday while i was in a trance, meditating, I had what was like a vision to me, it was strange, never quite happened before. It wasn't hypnogic imagery or what not, as i've had that many times.  While i was in a deep trance, out of the blackness infront of my eyes, a giant green military plane came zooming straight at me, as if it was going to hit me, than at the last minute climbed really high and I saw its underside, than I continued to watch it as it turned around, flew pretty far away and diminished in size, than made a left turn, and I saw it fly horizontal to me, inbetween clouds under a very very vibrant yellow/oraange sun. After the plane flew out of sight, the "vison" stoped and everything returned to blackness.

this has never happened to me before, it was pretty spectacular.  It was as if i was seeing it with my physical eyes. While i was watching the plane, everything around it was still the normal blackness behind my eyelids.  

anythoughts?

-En

Andali27

Don't know, ask Frank maybe?

TOTALANATION

Selski

Quote from: EnderZYesterday while i was in a trance, meditating, I had what was like a vision to me, it was strange, never quite happened before. It wasn't hypnogic imagery or what not, as i've had that many times.  While i was in a deep trance, out of the blackness infront of my eyes, a giant green military plane came zooming straight at me, as if it was going to hit me, than at the last minute climbed really high and I saw its underside, than I continued to watch it as it turned around, flew pretty far away and diminished in size, than made a left turn, and I saw it fly horizontal to me, inbetween clouds under a very very vibrant yellow/oraange sun. After the plane flew out of sight, the "vison" stoped and everything returned to blackness.

this has never happened to me before, it was pretty spectacular.  It was as if i was seeing it with my physical eyes. While i was watching the plane, everything around it was still the normal blackness behind my eyelids.  

anythoughts?

-En

So this was Wednesday right?  Well, at about 3.30am on Thursday morning GMT, I was wide-awake watching "clouds" behind my eyes and I decided to see what would happen if I imagined something.  I vaguely heard a droning noise and I put myself in the cockpit of an old warplane.  The droning became the noise of the engine, but I couldn't see anything, just blackness behind my eyelids.  After a couple of minutes, I lost interest because I expected to actually find myself in a plane flying around, but this didn't happen, although I was still in the cockpit and the plane was flying.

Interestingly, what also happened during those couple of hours was that I heard a song in my head.  At first it was me remembering it, then it seemed to take on a life of its own.  It was so much purer and cleaner than the original.

Could be complete coincidence, but the timing is odd, don't you think?

Sarah

EnderZ

This was wednesday around 6/7 pm (US Eastern)

I dont really believe in such thing as a coincidence though.  I was reading these forums, and then deceided to do some trance work, I never left my computer chair.  So maybe some link was established?  Do you remember the color of the plane? For me it was a dark forest green,  with propellers on the side on both wings, the nose was a very round black tip, not sharp at all but a big broad rounded nose.  

-En

edit:  It was definitly an old military plane.  I got the feeling that it was one of thoes old propeller planes from ww2, or around that era.  But it was not a small, plane, like something from the ww1 era.  It was a pretty good size plane, deffinitly a 2 person on.

Frank

Within the Focus-2 of consciousness environment sounds get translated into images pretty much seamlessly. I get to hear droaning sounds quite regular. For me they tend to get translated into a motorboat for some reason. But whooshing sounds can get translated into jet planes and hovercrafts and all manner of things.

It's symbolism you see, in the way people think of Astral "travel" and the like. The sounds tend to get translated into pictures of machines that are symbolic of "travel".

It's nothing to worry about. Offering ourselves these images is just our way of making ourselves feel more secure in what we regard as an "alien" environment. Not that it is, of course, Focus-2 of consciousness is about as close to us as it is possible for a subjective area of consciousness to be. But I realise that it doesn't appear that way to someone who hasn't experienced it all that much.

Yours,
Frank

Selski

Quote from: EnderZSo maybe some link was established?  Do you remember the color of the plane? For me it was a dark forest green,  with propellers on the side on both wings, the nose was a very round black tip, not sharp at all but a big broad rounded nose.  

-En

edit:  It was definitly an old military plane.  I got the feeling that it was one of thoes old propeller planes from ww2, or around that era.  But it was not a small, plane, like something from the ww1 era.  It was a pretty good size plane, deffinitly a 2 person on.

En - I didn't get enough of an impression of the outside of the plane.  I only experienced it from sitting in the cockpit.  And it was a small cockpit, but perhaps cockpits are small (I've no idea).  It was most definitely a war plane, and if encouraged to say which war, I would say WW2.

I have very little interest in war planes - in war for that matter - so it was a surprise to me to choose this particular experience.

6/7pm US Eastern time - how many hours behind is that from GMT - do you know?  I think New York is 5 hours behind us.  

:D

Sarah