Black and white checkered floor...

Previous topic - Next topic

thelou

Don't know if that will help you Mikeman, but here it is.

I have had a dream repeatedly from about the age of three or four.  It is very similar to your dream but not exactly.  But exactly the same experience each time I dreamt it.

The location/setting was where ever I was living at the time, basically my bed room.  The walls and ceiling were there, but as I became aware of them they moved so far away that I could hardly see them.  I felt like I was so small that I was insignificant.  I never thought to call it a balloon, but there was some unknown thing that my attention is brought to.  As I focus on it, it grows in size and magnitude to un-comprehend-able size.  The feeling is that I am so small and insignificant that I fear I will be lost in the nothingness and I wake.  When I was a child up through late teens, I thought the dream was a nightmare and would scare the heck out of me.

Over the years as I have learned more I think the dream is two fold.  The first part with size distortions is having an OBE without knowing what it is.  The second I feel is a representation of us as a part of God.  Such a small part that we are overwhelmed with the magnitude of the situation.  But I remember feeling warm in this time.  Perhaps that is a representation of Gods love for us.

This is my interpretation based on what I have learned in my life.  I welcome others comments.
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

OverDriven

Wow...very interesting. You guys had the exact same experience minus the checkerboard floor. I love seeing posts like this...it just shows that these OBE's are not totally random things generated by the mind. BTW about the checkerboard...usually astral gateway structures are checkered as well.

-Joe

lifebreath

A black/white checkered floor is used in Masonic Temples and many sacred spaces. (I've also seen them in restrooms - not quite "sacred", but I sure do feel better after I've visited ...)

I've had similar experiences during prayer and meditation, either alone or with others, whereby I feel almost condensed into a very small point and feel the space around me expand infinitely, and simultaneously my conciousness expands and is oddly aware of this infinitude and my relationship to it.

I suppose, depending on one's state, spiritually and emotionally, this could be frightening. My experience has been one af great peace, warmth, awe and elevation - of God.

And then there was the time when I was very tired and praying ... suddenly I could so very clearly see a multitude of hands - just the hands, from the wrist up - emerging from a flat, extensive plane, all clapping. Kind of like a lucid dream. I don't attribute great significance to it, but was rather amusing ... [8)]

lifebreath

The black/white checkerboard generally symbolizes the interplay of complimentary opposites, which when integrated become a "syzygy." It's the basic principle underlying pretty much everything ...

catmeow

Hi guys

I'm sure Oliver Fox, one of the earliest pioneers (1920's I think), described a very similar experience in his book Astral Projection.  I can't find my copy of the book right now.. but when I do I'll try to find his account.

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

mikeman

Wow! [:D] thanks for all your contributions! Its exciting to hear that other people have experienced almost exactly the same thing. Plus, it seems that the differences in experiences can be attributed to different perspectives and beliefs. But nonetheless, we tend to describe the same experience in different terms.

thelou, I very much agree with your thoughts on the size differential relating to being a part of God. The dream feels like one is able to experience the magnitude of "God" for just a moment. Maybe in this physical plane our brains cannot deal with this and wake us up.

A couple of you have mentioned the resemblance of the black and white checkered floor to astral plane entrance structures. Is it possible to enter (or feel the affects of) these areas either conciously or during a dream? Im not sure what an astral plane experience is like (apart from reading Astral Dynamics) as during OBE I have only been able to visit the RTZ.

Lifebreath, could you please expand on your explanation of "syzygy"? Is it similar to the Yin-Yang ballance of energy?

If anyone else has had any similar experiences id love to hear them.

Mikeman

thelou

thelou, I very much agree with your thoughts on the size differential relating to being a part of God. The dream feels like one is able to experience the magnitude of "God" for just a moment. Maybe in this physical plane our brains cannot deal with this and wake us up.

It makes sense about the physical brain not being able to deal with it.  It is like trying to ponder that the Universe is infinite.  If you have ever given serious thought to this the brain has a difficult time, because it deals in the finite.[:)]

You think ok the Universe goes on forever, ok what is at the end of that?  Perhaps some kind of big wall that holds it all in?  (Then the brain is happy it has quantified it) no that cant be because what is on the other side of that?  Brain not happy now.[V]
What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

mikeman

Hey guys,

I am curious to hear if anyone here has had exactly the same dream as is described below...as I have recently met 3 other people (all of whom have OBE and some are psychic)who have had EXACTLY the same dream, down to the detail. It was peculiar! I went to my phychic the other day. She was telling me about this dream she had when she was younger... after she had said only a few words, i was able to finish off the description, with her inserting details at the same time.

...In a deep sleep...[|)]

I appear sitting on a stool in an enormous room with a black and white checkered floor. The walls of the room are so far away i cannot see them...there is just blackness, and the floor spreads in all directions around me creating a horizon in the distance. As I sit on the stool i can sense a balloon typed object infront of me, but cannot see it. The balloon is so large I cannot comprehend its magnitude. I begin to feel very very small. This contrast in sizes becomes more and more powerful as I can feel the balloon growing in size. This feeling of contrast becomes so overwhelming I am woken up.

I have had this dream countless times, and also get the sensation when I am awake now. I tend to get it on the days that I have OBE, but Im not sure if there is a connection.

Any thoughts guys?? Just seems wierd that several different people with similar abilities have had the same dream!...hmmm

Have a good one yall [:D]

Mikeman