Blacking out instead of projecting

Previous topic - Next topic

findtruth

sain

i wish i could help, but i can't even meditate yet.... i get too distracted [:I]

findtruth

Draege

I have alot of difficulty staying awake and focused enough to try OBE before bed. That could likely be the case.. Try during the day when you're more awake and see what kind of comparative results you get.

Colin

Well, if you follow Robert Bruce's mind-split theory, you may actually be projecting but not correctly downloading the "shadow memories," thereby forgetting the experience. I think it has to do with not having enough stored energy when attempting to project.

Thing

work more and pratice with your energy body...

featus

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times. Sometimes I wake up and seem to remember dreaming that I projected. Did I actually project or was it a dream? I guess it doesn't matter.
One of the things that astral experts seem to emphasize is that you have to be in a refreshed state of mind. The only time I can spare to devote to projection is before I go to bed though. Setting my alarm for about 6am doesn't work either. When I wake up that early I couldn't care less about projection, I just want to sleep. lol
On the other hand being too refreshed and awake makes it really hard to focus..

So to answer your question, it's definitely not worth it trying to project when you are too tired. It only makes you more tired in the morning and is quite fruitless. And for me, blacking out is a symptom of being too tired.
Try to find a state of mind that's perfect for you and work towards that state of mind during the day.
That's about all that I'm qualified enough to suggest. Hope it helps..

findtruth

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll keep working on it[|)]

findtruth

I've been avidly trying to project for about a month(still havn't been able to[xx(]), but it seems I'm getting closer thatn ever. I can go into a trance state very quickly and I tend to get vibrations soon after that.  Lately, I've been using the technique of just trying to fly up and it seems I've been getting closer to AP, but I lose consciousness soon after I get vibrations(i usually try to AP before bed and I set my alarm early so i can try again in the morning).  Do you think I'm too tired or is there some way I could focus my mind in order to prevent this and hopefully get closer to AP?  Any ideas would help a lot[:)]