Blind

Previous topic - Next topic

Envix

so I now know how to project from sleep paralysis, and find it very simple at that; though I seem to be having trouble seeing. It seems like my eyes are closed while I'm out of body, though am unable to open them. I'm sometimes able to create an image or surrounding for a few seconds though as soon as I turn in another direction everything goes black. I'm able to float/move around but it just feels like I'm blind.
any ideas?

ancient_one

I have seen that some say you can tell yourself "Vision Now!" and you will see. That has not worked for me.  I used to worry that I could not see from the first instant I felt myself "out" but I got over it, figuring that when there was something worth seeing, I would see it.  Sometimes I do not see until I get to where ever my goal is, however long that may take. 
You may be better off not seeing much initially. It may tend to distract you. 
Ancient_one
My Other Reality Blog
http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/

My Alternative Energy Blog
http://greenalternativeblog.blogspot.com/

Envix

thanks. so should I just wait or float around or something until I'm able to see?

ancient_one

Quote from: Envix on February 14, 2009, 16:47:46
thanks. so should I just wait or float around or something until I'm able to see?

No- Think of where you want to go, or better- who you want to see, and you should find yourself moving in whatever direction that takes you. When you need to see, you will see.  I myself do not stay anywhere near my "body".  As I said, for me, that is too much of a distraction. 
Ancient_one
My Other Reality Blog
http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/

My Alternative Energy Blog
http://greenalternativeblog.blogspot.com/

Steele

ive heard that if you demand clarity it works but a more abstract method is to pretend your eyes are water. let them drip down and reveal the world ive only heard of this working once or twice however.   HTH

Steele

EscapeVelocity

Envix,

this is frustrating, I know, it still happens to me from time to time.

Walking, talking, seeing...all seem like simple, straightforward things that we should be able to perform pretty easily but that's not always the case.

I think it all has to do with the fact that when we are OOB we are not operating a physical body but rather an 'energy body', and all the sensory inputs and tactile, mobility commands that we are used to, no longer operate in the same fashion as the physical.

Your mind has to now first figure out how to properly receive new sensory data, translate it into something that it is familiar with and then figure out how to manifest a response to it.

Like a baby learning to walk, talk, grab things...express itself.

Movement is not physical, it's mental...either by floating or flying or instant transport.

Talking is sometimes verbal, but mostly telepathic.

Vision is of differing types, sometimes distinctly physical and narrowly-focused, othertimes 360 degree bodily awareness, and sometimes clairvoyant--seeing/knowing. It can be quite confusing!

Your mind is just trying to figure out how to translate this new data, how it should perceive it, receive it, organise it.

I have tried the "Clarity now!", "I want to see!" method four times, twice it worked and twice it didn't...

You might try some daily affirmations like, "I am now able to see clearly when out of body", to program your conscious and subconscious mind for the next level of awareness that you are trying to achieve. This seems important to me in that you are trying to get your mind to incorporate a new type of data into your world of experience that it is, so far, rejecting or incapable of translating.

Not necessarily a big deal; if you're trying to learn how to ride a bike and your feet keep slipping off the pedals, then you spend a few minutes focussing on keeping your feet firmly planted on the pedals...until it becomes second nature; then you work on the next thing.

And with OBE, there seems to always be 'a next thing". Whether it's big or small...so don't be frustrated.

Enjoy the ride!

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde