Body Positioning

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceraphim

Hmm I've been finding this a problem. I'm horribly tall, about 5'9" and I cant go to bed without my feet being obstructed by the end of my bed when I try to prepare for an OBE.

Does my whole body need to be free of all obstruction? Because it does kind of bother me that my feet are being pressed upon while trying to leave my body. Should I try a different position in bed where no part of my body is touching any near by objects? (besides my back and such)

mrloki

lol try being 6'3 with e same problem

Kallas

Lol same here... i simply bought a new bed :grin:

hmmmm..... you could try lying on the floor, many people don't like it but i personally find it very comfortable. Or put a few blankets on the ground and lay on them.

Dragonhawk

You could always try one of those recliner chairs. Just throw on a blanket and lie back.  :smile:

I had the same problem with my feet but over time and with practice I've managed to simply ignore any kind of discomfort but use it to relax my feet. Plus I have a little more give with the blankets at the bottom of the bed now. It was a lot worse a couple of years ago as my feet used to hang over the end of the bed. I had to sleep on an angle across the bed or curled up.  :rolling:
Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Super Sonic

You know what you should thank god for being that tall,for there are people in the world who is short(Like me:S)

Stookie

What matters is that you're comfortable enough to relax and forget about your physical body and what position it's in. Whatever it takes for that to happen.

blade5x

Quote from: Super SonicYou know what you should thank god for being that tall,for there are people in the world who is short(Like me:S)

5'9 isn't that tall, but maybe I'm just saying that because I'm 6'2 ;)

Ceraphim

Quote from: blade5x
Quote from: Super SonicYou know what you should thank god for being that tall,for there are people in the world who is short(Like me:S)

5'9 isn't that tall, but maybe I'm just saying that because I'm 6'2 ;)

its pretty tall for a girl :D

catmeow

Hey

I think 5'9" is the PERFECT height for a girl........ speaking as a 6'2" male that is...  5'9" is a good height!  :smile:
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Vilkate

Could somebody enlighten me - how much is 5'9'' in metric measuring?  :roll:
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

jub jub

Quote from: VilkateCould somebody enlighten me - how much is 5'9'' in metric measuring?  :roll:

5.9 feet = 1.798 32 meter
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Vilkate

Well, a normal height for a girl!
I'm 157 cm tall. :roll:
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

WindGod

Convert.exe , my favorite converter application

http://joshmadison.net/software/

catmeow

5'9" (5 foot 9 inches) = 1.7526 metres
5.9 feet = 1.79832 metres......!
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

wonderboy

oh its all about the recliner for me. hands down!

Hagethuriel

Quote from: CeraphimHmm I've been finding this a problem. I'm horribly tall, about 5'9" and I cant go to bed without my feet being obstructed by the end of my bed when I try to prepare for an OBE.

Does my whole body need to be free of all obstruction? Because it does kind of bother me that my feet are being pressed upon while trying to leave my body. Should I try a different position in bed where no part of my body is touching any near by objects? (besides my back and such)
You could try to buy an extension for your bed like they use in the hospitals for tall patients . You can project though from the fetal position too . Try lying on your left side .
"Yes there are two paths . You can go back , but in the long run , there's still time to change the road you're on " ~ Led Zeppelin