Bouncing red ball

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Hi, this is just a question for a friend.

"I woke up one morning and this ball jumped from my dream and threw itself at me.  I was dreaming about it and it was still there when I woke.  It wasn't a false awakening but I thought it was attacking me! (no I'm not on drugs), but I really want to know what went on and how the 'dream ball' seemed to translate into real time"

Beth

Thanks, I hope someone can answer this for her cause I'm stumped.

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Andali27

can someone reply to this for me?  what could have happened?
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

TOTALANATION

Telos

Can you ask Beth to give us some more detail?

Was the ball actually a real ball? Like, one that she owns?

Did the ball eventually disappear?

Andali27

She said she doesn't own a ball, let alone a red one and it did disappear after she backed into the door away from it.  She said it looked real but it went through her and she was posotive she was awake.

TOTALANATION

Telos

Then that is really quite extraordinary. I want to ask her for advice on she managed to bring something from the dream world into the real world, if only for a few moments.

I look forward to seeing what other people have to say.

Noxangelus

I've had 2 similar experiences both of different creatures. The first experience began as a normal dream, the dream then appeared in my room where I was sleeping. At the end of my bed was a small man about 3 feet tall, when I saw him while I was dreaming he began to run around the edge of my bed, this woke me up, I wanted to end the dream there.
So after i had awaken the little man was still running around the edge of my bed to where I was sleeping, when he reached the side of my bed and I was standing on my bed - he vanished.

Second experience. It began as seeing something in my room during a dream. This time it was 3 females at each sides of my bed, each holding a book while chanting something like a spell. I woke up to find them still in my room been seen while I was awake, they vanished a few seconds after like they had never been there.

I'd be interested to hear what people think causes this brief moment upon awakening.

NeoSaturn

woo! freaky! did you do anything in the dream before you awoke? and did they fade out or just instantly dissapear?

Noxangelus

I can't remember the dream I was having in both cases. But it was interrupted by the things in my room which I started seeing while asleep.  They disappeared, didn't fade slowly.

NeoSaturn

wow, i don't know what to make of this but i think i might as well take a wild guess.

THE GUESS #1:
your subconscious mind is either conflicting with you or trying to show you you something

THE GUESS#2:
maybe you somehow made a way to transfer that of dreams into reality, but don't ask me how.

Andali27

I was thinking it was a hallucination or something, not drug induced but like the bwgen presets you can get.  Her braiwaves stayed at a state needed for hallucination.  I don't know, if you want to ask her questions, I'll post her replies cause she doesn't have a login cause she doesn't use the net much

TOTALANATION

manuel

Hmmm interesting experience, I remember as a child I awoke phsyicaly one night to see one of my small plastic boxes with assorted toys near me, i reached out with my hand and before my hand reached there, it faded away, this was when i was 7 or so years.

Noxangelus

Quote from: NeoSaturnTHE GUESS #1:
your subconscious mind is either conflicting with you or trying to show you you something

Possible, I tend to think they exist on the astral plane as entities.

Quote from: NeoSaturnTHE GUESS#2:
maybe you somehow made a way to transfer that of dreams into reality, but don't ask me how.

I don't know what you mean exactly, we see ghosts I don't think this is different just the entity is.

Andali27

I thought one reason for the 'transference' may be because her brainwaves were still in a mode that created dreaming, okay, that made no sense.  Let me try again, when someone hallucinates, their brainwaves have got to be in a certain mode or frequency to cause the hallucination.  I'm guessing her 'ball' took on the form of a hallucination and her dream was still continuing into a new phase or something, we should have a name for it.... Dunno, real time transfer? RTT?  R double T, whatever goes, I like that.  Let me know your thoughts.

Andali

TOTALANATION

Davo

Um the ball is mine! If anyone should name it it would be me! But everyone is welcome to give us some suggestions on what to call stuff like this happening, like the little man, the three women and everyone else's little dream jumping attacking you thing. Does anyone know of any scientific stuff about my red ball. It really did freak me out, now every time I walk into my bedroom I get ready to brace myself against the door. My mind can't handle the strain of something that is unsolved. Tell me about it?
Davo K-mo.
Size doesn't matter in the real world, cause one day it's real the rest is just your imagination . . .

Kallas

mmmmm.... very interesting ..
:D
The first explanation that comes to mind for me would be that, you were in fact still dreaming. It is possible to have a dream in which your surroundings are exactly the same as a real place, for instance you may have had a dream in which you 'woke up' and your body, thinking you were in fact awake, was able to move. And as such your body moved and although you were moving correctly within the space only your body was in it not your mind

IE. you were seeing something different to what you were in, but your surroundings were so similar that you immediately presumed you were in your room and the only noticeable difference was the ball, which was an object that must have had some significance in your previous dream.

You also said that the ball faded away, that may not have been the ball so much fading but the entire room fading. But as it faded it was replaced by the real room you were standing in so once again the only difference you noticed was the disappearing ball.... hmmm... well i don't know if that made sense to anyone but it was just an idea.

Peace :D

Davo

I don't like it, What happened, and i'll explain it again so everyone knows about it. I was dreaming about a bouncing a red ball. I woke up to the sound of my alarm, like i do every morning, and i got up to turn it off. As i turned around to face my room a red ball was bouncing on the spot. It then threw itself at me and i impulsively shrank back against my bedroom door. The ball dissapeared as it passed through me, into my head. It was not a false awakening as i was already awake. I did not re-awaken after this experience.
Size doesn't matter in the real world, cause one day it's real the rest is just your imagination . . .

Selski

Hi Davo

Wow!  3 years later and you've resurrected the thread.  :-D

It's doubtful anyone is actually going to know what the red ball was.  It could be any number of possibilities.

Why not put it down as 'strange' and let it go?

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Davo

Lol, It's not just me that has had these types of hallucinations or whatever after waking up though. I just wanted to know if anyone thought i had some speial ability or if i was just crazy like i truely believe i am. No one really cares though, so i'll guess i'll make my own explanations. Oh, and i've had more aswell, not of the bouncing red ball, that just started them all.
D*

CFTraveler

These are called 'hypnopomps' and are not a sign of crazy, they're a sign that your dreaming mind is still 'on' when you wake up.
As to what the ball means is up to you.

sterlingindigo

The only "object" I can think of which could possibly follow one from the dream world into the world of everyday life would have to be a disguised inorganic entity.  Disguised, I would further guess, by the dreamer.  Dream object's that do not possess awareness cannot cross that boundary.

It's also possible that the dreamer may not have actually truly woken up into this world but another dream world or the real time zone (as in OBE) but instead felt as if they had woken up.  I know you said it was not a false awakening but short of saying they are totally bs'ing you, that's my take.

Interesting post.