Brief explanation?--What is "Phasing" ?

Previous topic - Next topic

Windameir

Zarklon,
Here is a quote from who I think is the athority around here on Phasing
Hope this helps with the phasing question

quote:
Phasing is a term first coined by Monroe which developed thus...

Quote Monroe:

"One of the Knowns emerging through repeated examination was that moving into or out-of-body no longer had for me what could be called "movement." Experienced subjects in the Institute laboratory had reported this many times but it was not a part of my personal pattern until I began what I called the "quick-switch" method. Thereafter what happened was a fading out of one consciousness into another. To describe it as "going out-of-phase" seemed more accurate and satisfied better my left brain classification system."

Phasing is a means of projecting consciousness within the Astral realms. Whether you project via traditional obe practice, or through the more modern-day Phasing approach you still project within the same Astral realms. All that changes is the method used to get there. Like, fly to New York on an aircraft, or go by ocean liner, you still end up in the same New York.

As with Physical transportation systems, there are benefits coupled with disadvantages of each. The boat takes longer, but you can relax, take a walk, have a swim, sleep in a comfortable bed, enjoy sumptuous meals, etc. By contrast the plane is cramped and uncomfortable, the food sucks, and so forth, but it's darned quick and relatively cheap.

So, you can take the traditional Energy Raising approach, and have tremendous fun igniting various energy centres (Chakras); enjoy all the weird and wonderful sensations of having crackling waves of energy running up and down your body; creating psi balls; moving objects with your thoughts, and so on. Not only that, you can take this energy and create a body double of yourself from etherial matter; project a copy of your consciousness into it; and go wandering around the real-time zone.

As I say, all great fun and interesting to do. But it's darned tricky to accomplish for the average person. Not only that, while it may be fun to an accomplished projector having waves of cracking energy flowing through them; or looking down on their physical selves whilst lying on the bedroom ceiling: ordinary people normally get scared out of their wits just by the thought of doing such a thing.

Phasing offers a simpler approach as the technique is aligned very much with bodily actions and/or sensations that most individuals already do while performing other actions. Becoming completely engrossed in a movie or a book, is very much like the Focus 10 state, for example. Mildly drifting off listening to classical music is like Focus 3. As such, it is all very much easier to explain.

Not only that, people gain confidence knowing they can make progress with feelings they are already familiar with. And they are reassured by the fact they are not going to suddenly find themselves bouncing off the ceiling thinking they just died, or whatever.

The big disadvantage is the Phasing experience is a whole lot more restrictive. Barring the odd exception, the only place you ever get to go, or thing you get to do, is to project within the Astral realms.

Now, for me, that is all I ever want to do. Because, on the Astral, is where all the fun stuff lies. However, there is a MAJOR pitfall: all the "fun stuff" can only be tapped into by knowing and adhering to the strict ground-rules that apply. Which is ever so easy to say, but so darned difficult to perform at the time.

In summary, I would say that Phasing offers a person a relatively quick and simple way of projecting their conscious awareness within the Astral realms (if, like me, that is all you really want to do). But there is the danger a person may project within the Astral completely unprepared for what comes next.

The traditional approach seems to be taken more slowly, and with a far greater emphasis placed on the actual Spiritual teaching side of things. To me, this more prepares a person for "normal" life on the Astral. A lot of the teaching talks about being a good person, being non-violent and generally cooperating with others. I note, though, that people through the ages have taken this to mean only Spiritually pure people, and the like, can have access to the Astral. Which is not true.

You can be as evil as they come and the Astral will welcome you with open arms. However, people who cannot keep their emotions and thoughts in check will naturally not get past Focus 22. The reason for this not because there is some Astral police force preventing you, but simply because Focus 22 is the first realm where thought equals direct action.

A violent/aggressive/highly-fearful person will simply become imprisoned by the circumstances of their own making. Which is a vile and disgusting thing to witness. But, ultimately, you brush it off realising that it's all part of the human learning-curve in the grand scheme of things.

Yours,
Frank

Happy Travels
Windameir

Windameir

Oh and a search on Franks posts will lead you to a wealth of info, he has made many discoverys about his technique and I beleive he has improved greatly over the past year.

Happy Travels
Windameir

Zarklon

Can someone tell me exactly what Phasing is ?  Is that just the stuff that you find in those tapes everyone is talking about ? I dont have any cash to spend on them cause I dont have a job at the moment but if thats the only way to "phase" into the astral then maybe I should quit trying to figure out what it is.   Sorry you have to excuse my rambling , I'm extremely tired..  What I'm trying to ask is ..

What is the difference in Phasing and Projecting ?
If phasing is something to look into for projection into astral or the realtime zone , where can  I find more info on it ?  

Also , I have a question about the "Roll out" method .. if your not supposed to physically move your body when you do it ..then it means you imagine that right ?  I get feelings that my upper part of my body is kinda floating up and my feet are still on the bed sometimes .. is this normal for anyone?  Thanks

Loving yourself first is the most important step you must take before you can truly love someone else.

Feel free to ask me anything. I'll try to offer advice if I can.

Yahoo IM: Spiritual_guy_19
AIM: ScrotomicBomb