Came so close

Previous topic - Next topic

AstroMan84

So last night I think I came very close to an astral projection but I am still kind of confused on what I'm supposed to do.  So I was lying on my back, which is impossible for me to fall asleep in, listening to delta waves.  My body became numb as usual and started tingling and vibrating.  I kept drifting from "daydreaming" to realizing I was laying on my back.  After about an hour the vibrations abruptly stopped and my entire body felt numb.  I kind of felt myself lifting and I paniced which brought back the vibrations, the stage before I am assuming.  So my question to you guys is was I close?  What should I do once I pass the vibration stage?  I hope this made sense I appreciate the responses in advance.

Xanth

You're focusing too much on the vibrations.
They're nothing to focus exclusively on or aim for... they're a signpost that reads, "Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right". 
Then just keep doing your method/technique/exercise and shoot PAST them.

Lumaza

Quote from: AstroMan84 on January 13, 2016, 09:15:20
I kind of felt myself lifting and I paniced which brought back the vibrations, the stage before I am assuming.  So my question to you guys is was I close?  What should I do once I pass the vibration stage?  I hope this made sense I appreciate the responses in advance.
Hello and Welcome AstroMan!

"What should you do"? Don't panic. I know that's easier to say then do. But you were attempting to project, so when said projection occurs, like the feeling of "lifting", don't panic. It sounds like you have found a technique that works for you.

Our first conscious projections can be pretty strange. They normally make our "fight or flight" instincts kick into overdrive. What you need to do is to passively observe everything that occurs with just a sense of curiosity and like Xanth said above "Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right".  In other words, stay the course.

Also, keep a Journal of with your results. Anything you experience anew is always known as positive progress.

When you finally do succeed to have a full conscious projection, the next thought you think you will see. In this new "realm" thought = action almost instantaneously. So be careful what those thoughts or intents are.

A good thing to try at this time is to access your "happy place". Find a place or create a place where you feel comfortable. Then use that as your personal "training ground". Use that as your initial place for exploration every time you consciously project.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Astralsuzy

You were extremely close to ap.   You panicked and that was the end of that.   Next time if you can do not panic and allow yourself to lift.   If you allow yourself to lift you will be completely out of your body.

personalreality

Short answer, probably.

Echoing Xanth, don't focus on the vibrations (hard to do, I know). Just keep pushing your focus, your attention, somewhere else. Sometimes the vibes come, sometimes they don't. if they do, just push through them. Literally, act as i your mind is pushing through a sound wave. Visualize the vibes as a sound wave if you have to. Just push through, then anchor your mind onto some location that you know well. Somewhere that you can visualize well, like a room in your house, or a favorite trail in the woods, or sidewalk, or wherever. Try to put all your senses in that other place. See yourself touching your bed, smelling your room, hearing the sounds of your house, etc.

Just keep going. You'll be fine.
be awesome.

Astralsuzy

What is wrong with focusing on the vibrations.   I do it a lot and that is how I ap.   

Hawkadium

When the vibrations start, you are ready to leave.  Envision yourself floating up or rolling out of your body.  Not in the third person but from the first person view. 

If you have trouble with this envisioning, take a moment and touch the wall with your bare hands, feel the bumps, the ripples in the paint, is the wall warm or cold to the touch?  Look at its entirety.  From one corner to the next, the wall is massive and heavy and supportive of this room.  Now do this for the curtains.  Take off your socks and shoes and feel the carpet between your toes. 

Lay back down and get back to the vibrational state.  Then envision yourself standing up, experiencing everything in your room again.  Once you have done that for a few minutes, turn and look down at your body.  You should be out.

EscapeVelocity

IMO, there are no exact answers here because there are so many variables particular to each of us and even those change over short periods of time. You need to keep a positive and experimental attitude.

Vibrations are great but ultimately they are just a signpost to let you know that you are close to finding an exit. Sometimes I could easily rev up the rpms of the vibes and lift right out; later on, I couldn't do this no matter how hard I intended...and I couldn't understand why. When it worked, it was ridiculously simple...when it didn't work, it was impossibly frustrating; it forced me to look elsewhere.

It may have to do with a concept that begins to become clear later on in our OBE activity: We begin to be challenged with experimenting with and learning new methods for finding an exit; one could argue learning the difference between the initial etheric-type OBE and what might be considered the next level Phasing OBE.

The frustrations don't end there and the challenges don't end there; it actually is just the beginning...

This may really be an acceleration of our learning curve that many of us, including me, were not quite ready for. I have had some seriously good experiences, yet I still feel stalled out in certain ways...I look back at my vibration problems and it wasn't that long ago, or at least it doesn't feel that way...so I KNOW you can get through it...
It is an "energetic" challenge for you to keep searching various methods, all of which will teach you.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

personalreality

Quote from: Astralsuzy on January 15, 2016, 06:07:30
What is wrong with focusing on the vibrations.   I do it a lot and that is how I ap.   
What happens when there are no vibrations and you're stuck not knowing what to do?

Vibrations should be seen as a secondary "symptom", not the cause. It's easy to make a habit of waiting for vibrations and they may not come.

These kinds of signposts are useful in the beginning, but they can become a hindrance in time.

In truth, "projection" can be as easy as changing a channel. No vibrations, no exit, nothing; just here, then there. In order to get to that point, you have to learn to achieve this state without aids.

So, while vibrations and other signals are useful, you don't want to cling to them like they are necessary. I suppose that's the point we're trying to get across, use them, but don't rely on them.
be awesome.

Astralsuzy

personalreality I agree with what you are saying.    I could be lying there and nothing happening so I do an ap technique.   Some weeks ago I did not get any vibrations.   I imagined I was leaning forward and I completely came out of my body.   The problem was it felt very real.   I thought I was physically getting out of my body so I wrecked it.    I thought I will have to go back to bed and try again.  I zapped straight back into my body.   I do different ap techniques to get out of my body and I do not have any ap sensations.   

personalreality

Quote from: Astralsuzy on January 17, 2016, 05:32:43
personalreality I agree with what you are saying.    I could be lying there and nothing happening so I do an ap technique.   Some weeks ago I did not get any vibrations.   I imagined I was leaning forward and I completely came out of my body.   The problem was it felt very real.   I thought I was physically getting out of my body so I wrecked it.    I thought I will have to go back to bed and try again.  I zapped straight back into my body.   I do different ap techniques to get out of my body and I do not have any ap sensations.   

It's definitely tough to get used to. I mean, when I first started actually projecting I had been practicing and working up to it off and on for several years. I wasn't afraid of any of the AP superstitions, I was completely prepared for the experience. Or so I thought. The first few times were traumatic to say the least. It is such a new experience in so many ways and no matter how much you prepare, it'll still catch you off guard. My heart would feel like it was racing, when I did get vibes they were shocking, I would sometimes think I was actually standing up or falling or something and be jerked back to focusing on my body, etc. etc.

In time I acclimated though. That's when I made changes to how I perceived AP. I had a lot of dreaming experiences that were so much smoother than my conscious exit AP experiences. I figured that there must be an easier way and I adopted more of a phasing method. Now, when I have an otherworld type of experience, it's just as simple as being there, not here.
be awesome.

Astralsuzy

personalreality     What works for one person may not be best way to do things for another person.   We do whatever is best and the easiest way to ap. 

soki

I used to get the vibes but now I don't. I never got out with them, I also do more of a phasing technique. As my awareness slips towards the sleep barrier I focus on the scenarios or images that are playing in my head and I eventually just am there. It lasts only a couple of seconds for me up until now, and I am back directly in my bed or couch. Think it's the easiest way to do it since that the thing pulling your attention (the images and scenarios) are what gets you to have an experience. In the opposite for most people (except for some) the vibes (that are getting your attention once again) will nullify your efforts to get out. It's all about how you feel comfortable with what you're doing that's all.