can you experience vibrations on your side?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummage

Just wanted to know this. Do you have to sleep on your back to experience the vibrations or can it happen if you sleep on your side? does anyone who sleeps on their side ever experience the vibrations? is it basically the same?

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Gummage on July 26, 2014, 18:25:12
Just wanted to know this. Do you have to sleep on your back to experience the vibrations or can it happen if you sleep on your side? does anyone who sleeps on their side ever experience the vibrations? is it basically the same?

Yes it's the same.

Xanth

You can experience them standing on your head if you can relax enough.  :)

Bluefirephoenix

I wanna see Xanth trance standing on his head

Xanth

Gummage

K so bottom line is they can come in any position.

EscapeVelocity

Yes...any position so long as you are sufficiently relaxed. On the back does seem to be percentage-wise, better.

2 weeks ago, I was face down, arms out, nuzzling my pillow...and the vibes hit. I thought, 'Wonderful! Let's do it!' and succeeded in lifting up five inches and sliding forward several times, banging my head against the wall, finally trying harder and grabbing the nightstand and crashing against the wall, destroying everything!

Woke up, looked around...nothing disturbed. It's all good...just the astral...
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bluefirephoenix

I'll challenge the status quo again.  Projection can be done while in motion. If you read acounts of ritual dances with prolonged fasting and drumming. You will hear that the vibration starts at the legs then reaching the head your somewhere else .... but your body is still dancing. Now usually these situations involve several days of fasting and sleep deprivation.  I know of one writer Jan Fries who claims this happens whenever he's developing a spiritual intensity. This can be dancing .. doing yoga like work among other things. This can be done in a yoga pose which at least in my experience is anything but relaxing.

I'm serious but also playing a bit of devils advocate here. I think we're kinda getting into a rut in our thinking. The fact is this is something far older than Oliver Fox ( one of the first people to write on the subject in recent times)

Maybe consider and I'm thinking this as we hiking a long here, of this as being a spiritual state. The body isn't so important other than it's being forgotten about. ... well if you've been 3 days without food and water you really do want to forget about the body anyway.
I experience vibrations if certain spirits make contact with me and I'm not always relaxed.... sometimes it's to remind me to chill out a few notches... that happened quite a lot this weekend as work was very stressful.

Explore the states from different angles... not just the ones that are popular.  Astral projection is  not a cut and dried how to do it topic.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on July 27, 2014, 21:21:08

I experience vibrations if certain spirits make contact with me and I'm not always relaxed.... sometimes it's to remind me to chill out a few notches... that happened quite a lot this weekend as work was very stressful.

Explore the states from different angles... not just the ones that are popular.  Astral projection is  not a cut and dried how to do it topic.

I couldn't agree more. Especially about the spirits. I have also noticed that whilst coming in contact with certain spirits, I get the vibrations. They are actually usually the strongest when  this happens, at least for me.

Gummage

why would fasting help one project? just curious.

Xanth

Quote from: Gummage on July 28, 2014, 12:05:51
why would fasting help one project? just curious.
The logical reason is that when you eat a lot of blood goes to your stomach to aid in digestion.
This can cause a lot of uncomfortable and troublesome sensations which might interrupt you.  :)

Bluefirephoenix

the methane monster is distracting especially after indulgence with certain legumes. your body focus is grounded after eating. if you shut down digestion also it weakens your ability to resist.