Can't move =(

Previous topic - Next topic

auraseer

Hi,
just walk around, have a drink ect. Generally just ignore it if you can.

Cya,
auraseer.

Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/kitechniques

Thou rage overcomes, Thy fate is near.

The energy is inside all of us... you just have to let it out.

elasticca

I've had this same experience, where I actually want to sleep, but find myself constantly awaking in a trance, and likewise, unable to move. I think Auraseer had a good suggestion, however if you really want to try to induce an OBE, then I wouldn't fight it, but experiment with it. Even see how long you can prolong it. It's hard though. I woke up in a trance this morning, and although I have been attempting OBE's lately, I simply hate paralysis!!! So I hear ya..

Tisha

Ug, I used to hate sleep paralysis!  Especially when I was so tired, I just couldn't deal with it.  Here's what to do:

1.  Get enough sleep in the first place.  If sleep paralysis is interfering with normal sleep patterns, which are VERY IMPORTANT TO YOUR HEALTH, see a doctor and get a sleep aid.  Yes, I said it, take a pill. Consider it a temporary but very important quick fix.  You need to get yourself out of bad sleep habits and into a better habit of getting at least 8 interruped hours a night.

2.  When you are getting enough sleep, the sleep paralysis problem may go away on its own.  But if it doesn't, and you want to experiment with OBE, here is what to do:

3.  Here is where all those months of meditation and relaxation techniques come in handy (you HAVE been meditating, yes?).  As quickly as you can, lose all of the tension in your body.  Just flop.  (this was a challenge to me at first, especially since my episodes include a very noisy accompaniment - - - some weird howling noise that makes me feel like I'm in a horror flick. But it happened so often I got used to it. Now when I want to induce OBE I just imagine that sound!)

4.  Stay aware and loose.  If you lose the paralysis and come back to normal consciousness, you are none the worse for wear.  By relaxing, you don't stress your body/mind out and, oddly, you get this trippy relaxed feeling afterwards that helps you sleep.  But if the paralysis stays . . .

5.  Try to float up.  If that doesn't work, try sinking down.  Sinking works better for me.  I think "down, down, down" and imagine myself falling through my mattress, through the floor, for as long as it takes.  

6.  If neither floating nor sinking or any of the other techniques (ROPE, etc) work for you, ask for help with leaving your body.  Odds are you already have a Helper assigned to you anyway, he/she/it is just thinking, come on already!  

Hope this helps.  Let us know of your progress!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

LapSiLap

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in the trance state and can't move. I always try to move because I'm afraid of being in this state in the night, always hear weird astral sounds http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_sad.gif" border=0> so I force myself to move without problem. The problem is that, if I then close my eyes for a few seconds I will be in the trance state again, and again, and again...
Don't know what I should do... don't say to me I should try to have OBE, it never works http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_angry.gif" border=0>