Can't seem to get to it

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralJames

I don't want to sound impatient or anything, but it seems that I just can't get to the point of projection.
I'll get my body into a deep relaxed state, where everything feels numb, and what not, but it seems I just can't get passed that state.

Is there anything I should be doing? Creating a scene in my head? Just watching what my mind does?
Can someone give me advice on what they do, is basically what I'm asking.

Thank you,
AstralJames

Contenteo

Practice at night. Don't expect results, just get to know how deep you can go.

Attempt early morning. Wake up. Do chores till sleepy creeps back in. Non Normal place. Go as deep as you can. And then be willing to lose yourself in the visualzations.

NIght attempts don't really work for beginners. You gotta crawl first. :-)

Cheers,
Contenteo

AstralJames

Thank you lots. I've always been told to practice in the morning but it seems weird to try. I'll try more often now.

justin35ll

Yes, don't expect any results, don't focus so much on waiting for something to happen, practice in the morning, and let your body fall asleep

Astralsuzy

Quote from: AstralJames on April 13, 2013, 22:05:46
I'll get my body into a deep relaxed state, where everything feels numb, and what not, but it seems I just can't get passed that state.
You are in a perfect position to ap when you are in that state.  Just go deeper and relax your body all at once.  You will be so relaxed that you will slip out of your body.  You will either be at some place or you will be next to your body. 

Astralzombie

Once school is out for the summer, you will really be able to try what Contenteo recommended. I personally believe that projecting from a dream is the easiest way for a beginner but most think this isn't the real deal or it's less special.

After that, waking up early than going back to bed is the next easiest IMO. Wake up a good two hours early. Spend at least thirty minutes being awake, then lay back down. The actual time that you spend awake isn't important. What's important is that you wake yourself up enough to be able and keep your awareness but not so much that you can't go back to sleep. If you catch yourself yawning, that's the perfect time to give it a try.

This method takes advantage of your natural physical state and your mind is already relaxed. There is the concern about just falling asleep but the good news is that success usually happens pretty quickly. Usually within ten minutes or so. Keep in mind that it may still take you many attempts.

Don't get frustrated. Your mind is working on a way even when you aren't actively thinking about it. Consciousness is a beautiful thing so get out of your own way. :wink:
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Steve1234

question :p

when you go back to bed after ...minutes, do you just go to sleep while thinking about oobe? or do you lay on your back, like in evening attempts? And will you sudenly be 'out' or is it easier if you use something like rope?

greets
herat :D

AstralJames

Thank you guys for all your valuable input! I know I can always count on this community!  :-D

Contenteo

Quotequestion :p

when you go back to bed after ...minutes, do you just go to sleep while thinking about oobe? or do you lay on your back, like in evening attempts? And will you sudenly be 'out' or is it easier if you use something like rope?

greets
herat Cheesy

The later. If you know how to get into a mind awake body asleep state. That's what you do. The night practice is to teach yourself the basics without getting too frustrated. Get to that state. Then lose yourself.

Frank said it best, you have to completely forget you have a body while maintaining full awareness. The rope technique is just one of countless ways you can convince yourself that you can still exist with a consciousness without feeling your body. I can't tell you when the projection will occur, because at the point it occurs, you have completely lost track of the physical world. Time doesn't even seem to exist at that point.

Just plunge ahead forward and don't look back. If you don't project, chances are you will have vivid dreams. Win-Win. Expectations will ponly hold you back.

Cheers,
Contenteo

*This is why Mind awake/body asleep AKA sleep paralysis AKA F10 AKA full body numbness is so important. Its tough to convince yourself you don't have a body when you can still feel it.