Coincidence or Something Else?

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Wolf

I joined this forum recently because of a post someone made on here 10 years ago. The thread can be found here: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/woman_returns_from_coma_confirms_obe-t1821.0.html

About one year ago, I was experimenting with my lucid dreaming and trying to wake myself up early in order to have a Wake Induced Lucid Dream. However, I knew that this "dream" was different to anything I had experienced before:

It was night time and I was was walking down a stone pathway, I think there may have been a river to the left hand side of me. As I progressed down this path, I came to a large metal gate that must have been approx 20 foot in width. To the right hand side of the gate was a knight in full armour sitting on a horse. I honestly can't remember whether this knight had a jousting stick or not. I remember trying to talk to the knight, but I can't remember what I said or if I recieved a reply. I then walked passed the gate, but again I can't remember what happened after that. I deeply regret not writing it down whilst it was still fresh.

What made me remember this "dream" more than anything was the emotion. I remember just being in awe at this amazing knight on horseback. I also felt very peaceful whilst I was there. When I read Leyla's account I could hardly believe it! I am convinced that I witnessed the same thing as the woman in the coma. I had never visited this site or read that account, before I had my experience...

It has not convinced me that I am leaving my body every night, but I admit it is very strange.

Spectemur Agendo...

Xanth

It looks like in that old thread, Leyla had a response from Frank (who is sadly no longer with us anymore) and AndrewTheSinger (who happily IS still with us!  :D).

When you're referring to doing a "WILD", what you're talking about is what Frank called "Phasing".  It's astral projection where the method used is you smoothly shift your consciousness from "here" (this physical reality) to "there" (a reality that isn't this physical reality).  So it sounds like you're very apt at it!  Congratulations!  I view it as not a lucid dream, but as a lucid/astral experience in the same way that someone uses the terms OBE or Astral Projection.

In any case, it sounds like a pretty neat experience you had.  Was the emotion you felt, be comparable to something you've felt while awake?  Were you, in your opinion, fully consciously aware during this experience (meaning, did you know exactly who you were and exactly where your physical body was?)?

The peaceful feeling of the experience could have been something the knight (who could have been either an internal or external entity) was giving off to you.  Maybe a guide?  Hard to tell with so little information about him.

The problem with the symbolism here is that both you and Leyla don't provide much detail.  A "knight" in full armor standing there... isn't enough information to judge the content similar enough to how you both perceived it to make any judgment call.  Unfortunately.

What you COULD do is wait until you have more data regarding this Knight.  Meaning... practice doing the WILD (Phasing) over and over, trying to find this "knight" again... and then gather as much information as you can about it.  :)

Indigo Wolf

Phasing sounds like an interesting theory. To be honest, I think we are only just scratching the surface of lucid dreaming and consciousness.

The emotions that I felt seemed to be more intense than real life. I also recall being very aware during this experience, the vividness of the knight was incredible! I completely regret not writing the details of the experience down when I woke. I suppose it was just lazy of me  :x

I agree that our descriptions of the knight are vague, but its interesting how we both seemed to be aware that he was guarding the gate.

My biggest concern now is that when I try to WILD/Phase again, I will just see what I want to see. The original experience was very unique and unexpected, I hope you understand what I mean by this...However, I am determined to revisit this place again and try to uncover some answers.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post Xanth  :wink:

Spectemur Agendo...

Xanth

Quote from: Indigo Wolf on April 21, 2012, 14:41:52
Phasing sounds like an interesting theory. To be honest, I think we are only just scratching the surface of lucid dreaming and consciousness.
My personal opinion is that most people try to over complicate things by adding unnecessary layers to the equation.
For me, it's as simple as you're either "here" (this physical reality) or you're "there" (a reality that isn't this physical reality).  :)

QuoteThe emotions that I felt seemed to be more intense than real life. I also recall being very aware during this experience, the vividness of the knight was incredible! I completely regret not writing the details of the experience down when I woke. I suppose it was just lazy of me  :x
If you REALLY analyze those emotions, you *MIGHT* notice that they're really no different than what you experience here.  ;)

[quoteI agree that our descriptions of the knight are vague, but its interesting how we both seemed to be aware that he was guarding the gate.

My biggest concern now is that when I try to WILD/Phase again, I will just see what I want to see. The original experience was very unique and unexpected, I hope you understand what I mean by this...However, I am determined to revisit this place again and try to uncover some answers.[/quote]
Knights guard things.  That's a subconscious belief we hold.

Just remain open and don't judge what you experience and you won't have any troubles.  Or shouldn't at least.  :)