comments and questions

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Yep, I'm chuckling at my screen, because you hit on what must be a common pitfall.

So many times I relax the physical and automatically roll on my side and begin going through the motions of drifting off to sleep.

Next instant I'm saying, "Hello... shouldn't you be projecting to some place?"

Yours,
Frank

rodentmouse

patty,  i also find that when  i just "let" the projection happen and set aside my own agenda,  the sensations and experience become a lot more intense.....is this what they mean when they say to forget about the ego???

Patty,  have you  felt your awarenss drift up into your brow,  Frank  has said this many  times now i realise what he meant,  and i think i saw the hypnogogic imagery, like small basic shapes with my minds eye....i think my awareness must have been there many times but i just never realised...

Can you activate ALL your chakras and charge your energy body with relative ease now patty??

Tisha

Before you go TOO far with your idea Patty . . . have you thought about claiming your MORNINGS?

Don't laugh!  I once read an article in a magazine about women who claimed their mornings for themselves.  I scoffed at it after noticing that none of the women featured began work before 9:00 am or had a 1 hour commute like I did.  Toss THAT idea, I thought!!!!!  But several months later I'm back to the concept. I just bought a CD alarm clock so that I may fade into consciousness slowly with gentle meditation tapes, long before my regular alarm goes off.

Of course, to wake earlier in the morning you will have to go to sleep earlier too.  And if you are married or have a partner, this might take some negotiating as some spouses feel downright SNUBBED if your idea of a great evening doesn't consist of channel-surfing on the sofa with them.  Compensate with SEX.  I could offer some great "quickie" ideas but then this posting would no longer be appropriate.  Suffice it to say that there is nothing wrong with quickies, as long as you make up for it some other time.

So let's say you are able to get the kids to bed by 8:00 and the spouse content by 8:15.  Go straight to bed and meditate . . . for its own sake.  Do energy-building, mantras, chakras, whatever floats your boat.  Do not aim for an OBE; rather, drift off to sleep whenever you are ready.

Then, have some gentle method (like the CD player programmed to your specifications) slowly bring you to consciousness, well before the baby starts to squall or the dog bounds on your bed with his leash in his mouth. Take this time to attempt a projection.  If you are going to project, it will probably happen in 15 minutes or it won't happen at all.  If it doesn't happen, spend your quality-time writing in your dream journal.

The benefit of morning projection is that you are usually in the relaxed dreamy state that you need to be, without hours of meditation taking up your precious time.

I more than anyone understand how HARD it is to wake up in the mornings sometimes . . . I'm a 10-hour a night kind of gal who averages 7.  But it's my very grogginess that brings on my OBEs, I know this to be true!  So give it a try, let us know if it works for you.

regards,
tisha

Tisha

Patty

I'm going to go in reverse order here -

Tisha - HAH! I love it! Thank you for your forthright attitude. I would love your quickie suggestions in personal mail, particularly if they aren't orally-fixated. (TMJ disorder, groan, you get past one hangup only to find you have another.) I don't know if I will implement the morning routine - but it will definitely go in my 'consider' category.  Sunday mornings I generally sleep in,. so I know from experience that projections can be quite good in the mornings. Wow - to have that luxury on a more frequent basis - - - - definitely gonna consider this.

Hi RM,

I have been aware of my own hypnogogic imagery for a few years, since getting into Bruce Moen's work/website (his site changes with the passage of time and I don't currently visit.) I guess I considered hypnogogia a separate phenomenon than anything chakra related, but for no particular reason. Maybe there is some relation between the two. I hadn't spent much time on looking at individual chakras and whether they were closed/open until maybe eight months ago. I mean, I knew that I couldn't get energy to my head, but I never really tried to 'fix' it til reading Robert's book. Then I tried the energy circuit and found blockage in my lower spine. I worked on that blockage about four months ago. That was when I saw a physical manifestation of clearing blockage - I was trying to clear the lower spine blockage through the bread breaking and wrapping techniques and when I got up to pee I saw all these red marks radiating out from my lower spine. Weird! Cool! Radical! I also coincidentally felt that the blockage was reduced significantly.

So anyway, I took a break for a couple months and lately returned, and this time around, I had been focusing on my throat (I think that area holds the last MAJOR blockage, though I am guessing that blocks can occur any old time and maybe everyone carries minor blocks?) So I have had good luck the last couple weeks, the throat area feels relatively clear.

Bottom line, Yes - I think everything is relatively clear. I can raise energy to the brow with relative ease, though there is still some constriction in the throat.  Things are much flow-ier than they were. I can hold a buzz in my head now, which is a relatively recent phenomenon and kind of a charge.

Now, RM, that being said - I am far from convinced that clearing chakras is important for projection.  It seems like a good, worthwhile, certainly related activity. But I don't see any relative increase in the altered conscious experiences that I have and the relative 'flow' of the chakra system.  I am still going with the idea that since I have cleared the system I will have 'better' experiences, but that remains to be seen. (As I mentioned in my post on relation between chakra and AP, I see a relationship - but the 'best' projections were independent of any chakra awareness let alone chakra clearing.)  I kind of think that intense desire is more of an indicator for successful projection - that's one reason I think YOU are gonna get there real soon! Finally, I don't know what ALL of the chakras are - so though I would say that I can raise energy through the major ones, no doubt there are eddies and backups in some of the minor ones. Aren't there something like 200 chakras?

I think my main hangup at present is that I can't hold awareness as my body drifts off. Last night I was thinking about it consciousness as being a point in your head - the greater your consciousness, the bigger the point. Normally for most folks, the point is either here in the physical world or there in the aastral world. In order to have physical awareness of an astral experience, you have to be able to stretch your consciousness to the point that it can reside in both places simultaneously - so the bigger the point, the better your chances.  I don't really think this is an apt analogy, but to the extent that my awareness feels inadequate at the moment to stay 'here' while it also drifts 'there,'  it fits.

hi Frank,

I am glad to hear that you have similar experiences! - Dissappointed I admit; I was thinking you might be able to offer an incantation or something, but the thought that we all have to face the same obstacles is comforting.  Tonite I decided to have the wine so I expect sleep will feel  even more alluring than normal. Sigh. It got me through the evil hours of 4 - 8  when the kids are possessed. Tradeoffs.

Patty

ralphm

a lot of the time i just turn over and sleep too, however the other times lead to such interesting experiences that i don't fault myself for the times i roll over. interestinly enough i used to project after falling asleep, now i get closer but have stopped the sleep projections??? actually i had one really weird experience to post, maybe i'll get to it tonight.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Patty

Hi Ralph,

I think I used to have more sleep projections because even though I was falling asleep, I was falling asleep still fimly intending to stay awake. Now I fall asleep because after a little energy/mind work I feel like sleeping!

I hope I have a projection soon............

Do tell your interesting experience. I would love to hear it.

Patty

Patty

Well, it helps me just to chat about my attempts. It helps me remember them better, more importantly the feedback keeps me focused and directed and connected to like souls.

So I'm remembering the hang of how to get into trance. I recall a few months (a year?) back, that I was so pleased that I could hold my mind still, and I've been having trouble with that this time (it's been hit or miss some nights) but last night it was cakewalk. Like a still pool. I think I am remembering the hang of it and I hope that I can be more consistent. It's weird, it's really as though my mind is in a different state when in a still trance; I mean it isn't just a matter of quieting the chatter. Rather it is switching to a mental rhythm that doesn't happen to think. Does that make sense? Am I on the right track?

And I tried a new thing that seemed helpful so I thought I would mention that -

Occasionally I'll try this thing where I try to open up to God or the higher spiritual forces that be - sort of a remnant of my catholic upbringing of God being the potter and we're the clay sort-of-thing. i think it is a useful exercise in general as it keeps me from getting too caught up in my own agenda and allows me to remember that my personal plan might not be as grand as a higher being's plan.  It's possible that I'm not all-seeing :).

Anyway, I've never tried this 'opening up' bit while trancing along.  (I'd always done it as part of my pre-trance affirmation stuff.)  So I tried that variation last night, (waited until I was in trance and then tried putting my agenda second to the Great Spirit's plan) and WOW,  a BUNCH of energy centers immediately came on-line, like a warm glow was coming out of a dozen different points on my limbs, in my trunk, etc simultaneously.

No OBE, but it did lead to greater understanding of how to work with the system - and also happened to make the trance more stable (I guess that's no small potatoes.) It was a delightful sensation.

on a different note - One recurring problem that I have - help please? - is that during trance I will sometimes feel more and more content, to the point where my will to stay alert reduces and after a while I find myself thinking "that's good enough for tonight, I'll go to sleep now."   I have tried a few daytime exercises to help shore up my resolve (introducing rituals and abstaining from alcohol; that sort of thing) and these help - but any other pointers on how to stick with the program during trance is appreciated! I can't meditate during the day because of small children in the house. So I'm stuck with nighttime. I am heading to bed earlier in the hopes of being able to work with it before getting sleepy.... Any other ideas?

Patty