Concious Projection... seriously

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicky

Hi Patrik,
I once had a projection right after lying on the bed, maybe 10 min or so and it was my only fully conscious projection where I am not asleep before that. But I have to admit it is much harder to keep your physical body from moving when it is that conscious, because when you were first asleep and then project your body is "locked". I think the easiest way to project is to get up early in the morning (4-5am), stay a little bit awake and then go back to bed. That's the best that had worked for me. :)))))
Който търси, намира.

James S

Hi Patrick,

OBE from full waking consciousness certainly is possible. It is simply (dont you hate it when people say "simply"[;)]) a matter of learning to tune your perception in on the astral from waking, or waking meditative state. I have found this possible myself with astral phasing - a slightly different technique to full body OBE.

One of the things that I think might be holding you back here, and something that I've come to see as a common mistake, is entering into a full trance. This is more hinderance than help, as the deeper the trance you go into, the more rooted within yourself your consciousness becomes.

You don't want this! What you want is to "will" your consciousness away from your body, by concentrating less on the trance aspect and  on the feeling of the body, and concentrating more on allowing the consciousness to kind of get wrapped up in a bubble, separate from the body and drift away.

Hope this helps. [:)]
James.

Patrik

James,

Thank you for your reply, though the usual "thinking" regarding this is the looser "hold" you have of the astral body, the less relaxed you need to be. But for people who have normal to strong hold, they need to get as deep as they can.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I began with very little relaxed, and slowly gone deeper and deeper. I really don't think the problem is me going too deep. But as said, haven't made it so can't really know... I just know how it feels to leave the body after a dream, and getting that close to sleep but still being concious from fully awake... seems impossible :(

However you might be able to help me with something I have been thinking of. A while back I posted in another part of this forum regarding phasing. Seemed noone really knew, but since you mentioned phasing, perhaps you can put some light on the subject?

I have always considered phasing to be "walking" into a hypnogogic image and/or gateway in the 3D darkness (including putting "intent" in the 3D darkness). Obviously when phasing into a hypnogogic image or image created by the mind. One goes to the location using your dream body. I have assumed the same thing therefor should apply to gateways/portals in the 3D darkness. However after reading quite a few of the old posts... it seems a lot of the people who do "phasing", are more doing a form of "remote-vewing". Where they are more watching a "screen" inside their head, and not actually feeling themselves "there" (in the sence of dream body or energy body).

I am therefor wondering if phasing indeed do take you to the realms using your dream body, and you feel "there" just as you do in a lucid dream (though real). Or if it is more like remote-viewing (which some people for some strange reason call "channeling", seeing images etc in the mind of the astral realms (which I thinks confuses with spirit channeling)).

Assuming you go about it through a portal/gateway in the 3D darkness that is, thanks.

webdudiouk

Yo, this is just a short message.

I have been trying to project for ages, but a few weeks ago i hardly did anything and errr...i found myself seeing my room through closed eyes. I think my problem is trying to hard, I have not been able to get into that state again but i dont even remember doing rope, only energy work?

Acvtually i focused on my brow, and suddenly i felt like the "black" got bigger and I got smaller, but it has happened to me many times whilst trying, also it was about 4am!

Anyway hope it gives some guidence,

holy reality

it sounds to me like these half second dreams ARE hypnagognia.... i have the same problem..

i jerk in and out of borderline light sleep... sometimes i get deep enough to have a 1/100th of a second rush of paralysis while i'm coming out... but while i'm in i'm not conscious

becuase my conscious mind will be going, but my unconscious mind over powers... it's like

c:"1....2....3..........4.................5"
u:"..............BLAH BLAH BLAH blah...blah...... BLAH!"

and then I snap out of it... so it's like some sort of split consciousness I guess...

one thing that seems like it might be successful is when I get to the borderline state about to fall asleep... I think really loudly, and I take the thoughts, and I push them on "top" of everythign else... as if I were mentally squeezing onto them really tight... and I sort of "push" while looking at my eyelids and thinking about my body, and holding the thoughts loudly above everything else.

this keeps me from falling asleep... but it doesn't take me all the way out of the borderline state, just closer to the top of it... and it makes me feel a bit heavy... but not trance heavy.

the problem is at night, all i have to do to enter a trance (if my mind is in the right state and doesn't need sleep) is focus on my body.. that's it... nothing more.. I focus on it and feel it slowly go numb...

but if i'm doing it from being fully awake if i focus on my body that almost seems to have the complete opposite effect.

i don't know.
!..............!

Nay

I think I see what you are saying Holy reality..it is hard to describe those moments is it not?  

quote:
one thing that seems like it might be successful is when I get to the borderline state about to fall asleep... I think really loudly, and I take the thoughts, and I push them on "top" of everythign else... as if I were mentally squeezing onto them really tight... and I sort of "push" while looking at my eyelids and thinking about my body, and holding the thoughts loudly above everything else.
I do this as well..I form the words very succinctly in my mind..over and over I say "I'm now out of my body, I'm now out of my body"  it seems to keep all other thoughts at bay and keeps my mind "awake"  I had a great experience doing this, even got some feedback from Frank!! (sigh..miss him)  It seemed the words all of a sudden were going along by themselves and loud!  and then out I was..[:D] Sheesh I just looked at that post and have no idea why I didn't tell of the technique..[:(] Oh well...that is what I was doing for 30 or so minutes and it worked. [^]

I probably couldn't describe it that is why I left it out..[:I] You explained it much better!  Thanks H.R.!

Nay

ralphm

Patric, I have also experienced what you have, as close to projection as you could get without actually doing it, the only way i can project is using the interupted sleep technique. Somehow that gets you past whatever fears that hold you back.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

holy reality

quote:
Originally posted by Nay

I probably couldn't describe it that is why I left it out..[:I] You explained it much better!  Thanks H.R.!

Nay

too bad it's never worked for me... [B)]

I can't even fall asleep while doing this though... like I went to bed last night and I knew I was going to fall asleep soon naturally, I about put music on but knew that if I did that I wouldn't get enough sleep.. I needed to get out immediately... so I just did what I normally do when trying to OBE... which is very loosely focus upon keeping the mind clear, enough so that when it wanders for a period, you bring it back to clearness.

That wandering/clearness transition over and over again eventually makes you fall asleep. So I guess in about 15 minutes I started drifting and I just couldn't fall asleep at all, I'd keep jolting out of it over and over again.

I really hate this so much. I must have some sort of sleeping disorder or something... I'm going to write down every time I wake up or almost fall asleep but then jolt awake tonight.
!..............!

clandestino

Hi Patrik !

Its definitely possible, like James S says. I've only managed it twice, both times through astral phasing, and both very briefly. In fact I've managed to project more often without trying than not.

I still can't work out what made one attempt more successful than another. And to be honest, i haven't tried to project in months. But I think there are a few points that are important :
1) you have to believe/ know you'll succeed.
2) you have to reach the fine line between "sleep" and "awake"
3) you have to practise quite often, unless you have a natural affinity to this kind of thing...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1751&SearchTerms=early,morning
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Patrik

Seriously, doing a concious projection from being fully awake is impossible. Sure it's hard to do it by wake-ups, when just waking up from a dream etc... But at least that's possible.

I have practised concious projection for quite a while. I am able to get "deep" into trance, and beyond the heavy body feeling (i.e. if you go deeper than the very heavy feeling, it gets a strange feeling of being light AND heavy at the same time). I am not sure about the brainwaves, but I would guess upper to middle Theta are common.

The problem is no matter what I do, I just can't seem to get close enough to sleep. I often enter a dream (not hypnogogia), which I loose conciousnes in and snap out of within less than a second.

I sometimes can get a sence of loss of reality, and deeply tranced in the practise I am doing.

But if I am gonna compare to the states of mind and closeness to sleep I've been in the few times I split, or was in the middle of splitting, I am not even close!

Because of this it makes sence that I don't get the vibrations when doing the practise. However as I said, I DO loose myself in a dream to semi-dream for a very short time, and here I often get vibrations... (but since it's a dream I "accidently" snap out of it... loosing the vibrations).

I always try and watch myself fall asleep, to get more familiar with the the boarder state... Even though I sometimes get some success on this... All it seems to get me is into deep meditation or insomnia, *lol*).

I know there's probably not much help to receive on this... But any suggestions or hints are welcome.

By the way, I meditate using holo-sync regulary, and often use this time to practise projection. Same thing applies here though, I get even deeper, but impossible to get close enough to sleep.