Conjoined effort to read a card OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazbadan

Originally posted by Veccolo

Well I can only speak for the lucid dreams I had. I had lucid dreams which were totally blurry and not vivid at all. In these there seems to be a lack of control over the dream, probably because it's too "dreamish". Then I had lucid dreams which were just as vivid as real life. Much control, very stable.

Maybe it's similar with OBEs.

---------------------

If some lucid dreams are so much vivid as reality, what makes you think that it´s a dream instead of an obe?
I love you!

Veccolo

In a high level LD (very vivid) I can change the "world" and its people like I want, I'm "godlike". If I expect (expectation is the key) this sexy blond girl to undress ([;)]), she will do so. If I expect a door behind me, there will be one. If I expect <insert_expectation>, it happens. I can do whatever I want.

Also, as vivid as a high level lucid dream is, there are always (well, most of the time) some kind of distortions. The display of the video recorder doesn't show a real time, the light switch doesn't work etc. etc. This is probably because I read of this kind of distortions and somehow (sub)consciously expect them to be this way.

As I stated in another thread, I think OBEs/APs and LDs are the same thing, and because of that, a brain-thing. Most other people probably believe dreams and so on take place in the "astral" - I doubt that. An OBE/AP is, in my eyes, just a lucid dream induced in a special way.

I don't do much, and I do it well.

Selski

I'm fairly new on this website, but I have done the playing card experiment (after I read Astral Dynamics by Robert) and it worked for me.

I saw two black J's at the top corner of the card and then a blue A halfway down, so I didn't see EXACTLY what the card looked like.  Upon awakening, I knew the card was either Jack of clubs or Jack of Spades.  I thought about the blue A and decided that, to me, the A looked more like a spade than a club.  I deduced that the card was the Jack of Spades.

It was!

I only did it to prove to ME that it was more than an active imagination!

I followed Robert's instructions, as he tells you to return to your body once you've seen the card, which I've never done before.  When I got back to the lounge, where my real body was lay, I suddenly got really happy and walked up the wall and onto the ceiling!  Then I re-entered my body and fully awoke.

I have to say, it is one of my best OBEs so far.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Kazbadan

Nice experience! Sometimes i stay confuse with some things related to obes. Now i know, from what you people say, that obes can be real or dream like, but i still have other similar question: when do you return to the body, the sensation that you have it´s like waken up, after a sleeping night, or it´s different (like if there is no transition)?
I love you!

Tombo

Kazbadan:
I can tell from my LD Sometimes there is a transition like moving thru layers lasting for a couple of secondes, other times I wake up without transition, like it all happend in my head.
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

spiral

Tonite I had a focus 10 experience that is worth sharing.
I had a kind of a success with the card test.

I'm onto the last hemisync of wave 1 in the gateway series: freeflow focus 10. I've been getting a little impatient so tonite when I prepared   myself, I decided that I would try to go beyond focus 10 (mind awake/body asleep) and attempt to get out of my body. I remembered the card test and found my 500 deck next to my bed, so I pulled out a card and, with my eyes closed, turned it face up on my alter before starting my hemisync.
SO, during the exercise I achieved focus 10 without any difficulty and as usual had a hard time keeping myself awake, I tried very hard to get out of my body without much luck (ofcourse I need to continue to focus 12 to do that) so I tried focusing my conciousness on my alter and tried to imagine the card I had placed there.. My initial and imediate thought was "7spades" then I wavered and thought "8", then I changed my mind altogether (as ya do) and thought either a 2 or 3 of a dark suit.
Anyhow, when I came back to full conciousness I forgot to look at the card until just now and its the seven of spades.

Hmmm, so its not really the proof that I was looking for, but perhaps hemisync helps enhance phychic experience.

pimpx

I've a great story to tell but my english isn't that good, so anyone here could help to write the story (real facts) and post on forum? I want your opinions..

My icq is 11580091

Kazbadan

Hello pimpx!  Manda-me uma mensagem privada pelo mail do astral pulse. com a tua historia que eu traduzo. Olha que o meu ingles tb é normal e do que vejo tu ate falas bem ingles!

NOTE TO MODERATORS: i was saying in our language to send me a private message that i will translate the message.

Spiral: the probabilities to guess  a card, on a normal deck, and chosing among four cards (8,7,2 and 3 spades) it´s big. So, a scientist could say that your experience is not worth. But you guess it at first and changed your opinion just for no reason. So, i think that the experience was a good one. Keep trying!
I love you!

BOATS

I went out today and got a set of standard playing cards.  Why don't we all get together in a conjoined test to determine if these OBE are real?  I am going to take one card at random and place it on a ceiling fan in my room over my bed.  I will not look at the card of course and place it face up.  During the OBE I will not have to travel too far.  Just rise to the ceiling and return.  This will keep the OBE very short so that in fact if there is a mind split the memory will be downloaded.  I believe the subconscious does cause the OBE and that just the fact of the subconscious being giving a task it will cause the OBE for any experienced person in a short time.  I am also not sure myself if the phasing AP type of experience is an OBE of a lucid dream.  I have done this and as intense as the experience I have doubts as others do.  I believe the OBE to the RTZ to be truer of an OBE experience.  I am not good at this and with me it is hit and miss type POT LUCK.  The two times I was asleep away from my home and became aware in my bedroom was awesome and had no reality fluxuations. I have only managed to roll out of bed to the floor twice and once made it to the bedroom door.  Everything was just as it appears while awake.  I keep getting these OBE that have a not so real feel to them and I think this causing us confusion as to the reality of the OBE.  I have no doubt that sometimes we dream we OBE.  Please attempt this card reading yourselves and try for a RTZ OBE.  I think this is where the truth lies and I am sorry it has taken me so long to decide this for my own peace of mind.