Consciousness split during separation

Previous topic - Next topic

Sagar

Hey all, 

Today's nap brought an interesting experience.  I was experiencing a normal dream, no lucidity, just going about the normal dream groove when all of a sudden I realized I was dreaming.  It wasn't full lucidity to the point of full awareness, but just enough for the base realization. 
It escapes me what exactly the trigger was, but that may come with further reflection. 

Then, my spirit guide was in front of me and handed me a spoon (just a normal reflective spoon) and said "Use this as a mirror." 
I held it out in front of me and, of course, saw myself in the reflection.  I then got the familiar feeling inside my stomach when I'm about to separate from my body (if you've ever been on a rollercoaster accelerating straight down you know this feeling), and anticipated leaving my body. 

Here's the truly amazing part:  I watched myself separate from my body through the reflection of the spoon while dually feeling myself separate from the part of me observing the separation - a consciousness split if you will. 
They come as two separate memories - one of the observation, one of the separation. 

I think in the moment I must have had the capacity to be aware of both experiences happening in sync, but here in the "physical" our brains aren't wired to comprehend (or remember comprehending) a mutually interacting conscioussness split. 

Also, on a side note, this was the smoothest separation yet.  Normally, I feel the familiar sensation similar to that of a rollercoaster accelerating towards the ground, and am somewhat hesitant to completely give in to the sensation and separate.  This was different however.  Very smooth, no hesitation - just let my body be carried by the stream. 

Thanks for reading  :)

-Mike

For the Love

Venus_Goddess_of_Love

sounds amazing! I think when our guides turn up and help us through new experiences, the key messages are, do this often, how to do it, and/or how to do it better. So if I were you, I'd try to make it happen again, consciously, using the spoon method.
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet." Rumi