Constructing an astral portal in the mind, & the Key of Solomon,hmm...

Previous topic - Next topic

jason

...I've got an idea.

I read that one can construct an astral portal in their mind, & if it's vivid enough, it can help to travel reliably in the real time zone.

So... :?  :-)

I'm an artist-& I've had in the past, several lucid dream projections about using astral portals (one of them, it turned out, was an EXACT image from a pentacle in The Key Of Solomon).
It was possibly combined with one or two other Pentacles.So I'm wondering, do you think I could create a painting large enough, maybe put it on the cealing or something, that represents an image & symbols of an astral portal-basically A Huge Pentacle.It would follow rules of construction laid out in the Key of Solomon.

What do you think would happen? Any ideas? Warnings? Experiences? Thoughts?

:?
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

slipknot0129

lily moonsong

Any portal will work, whether it be the key of solomon or something that you create yourself, as long as you think it will work.  If you draw it or paint it, it will stregnthen it and make it more readily available in your dreams... but one danger of hanging it on your ceiling is that if people come over, they will ask what it is, and they will say negative things about how it's stupid and how it won't work, and then, that will decrease the likelihood of it working, so be careful.

If it was me, I would just draw a picture of it in my magickal notebook, and look at it before bed.  You can do a meditation where you visualize energy coming up from the earth, and surrounding your room, then.. leave an empty space at the top of your ceiling and visualize your solomon portal at the top of your room, where only you can pass in and out.  This is called the dream chamber meditation.  It helps you feel protected during astral/dream magick, and helps you get in and out more easily.

FadeEsdrasX

Quote from: lily moonsong on April 01, 2008, 21:51:46
Any portal will work, whether it be the key of solomon or something that you create yourself, as long as you think it will work.  If you draw it or paint it, it will stregnthen it and make it more readily available in your dreams... but one danger of hanging it on your ceiling is that if people come over, they will ask what it is, and they will say negative things about how it's stupid and how it won't work, and then, that will decrease the likelihood of it working, so be careful.

If it was me, I would just draw a picture of it in my magickal notebook, and look at it before bed.  You can do a meditation where you visualize energy coming up from the earth, and surrounding your room, then.. leave an empty space at the top of your ceiling and visualize your solomon portal at the top of your room, where only you can pass in and out.  This is called the dream chamber meditation.  It helps you feel protected during astral/dream magick, and helps you get in and out more easily.
I should give something like that a try. :3 Interesting method.   :-)

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]

Greytraveller

Here is an idea that you might try.

Continually remind yourself while awake of the intention to draw either a pentacle or a magick circle in a dream. If you can remember that intention the next time that you dream AND become lucid in the dream then you may use that symbol as a portal to induce/begin a deliberate out of body experience.
Many people lucid dream yet relatively few attempt to go out of body during an LD. A pentacle or magick circle can be an effective portal for entering an astral or ethereal (RTZ) realm during a lucid dream.
Personally I have begun several OBEs from a dream. This method could be both practical and simple.

Grey

FadeEsdrasX

Quote from: Greytraveller on April 03, 2008, 21:16:29
Here is an idea that you might try.

Continually remind yourself while awake of the intention to draw either a pentacle or a magick circle in a dream. If you can remember that intention the next time that you dream AND become lucid in the dream then you may use that symbol as a portal to induce/begin a deliberate out of body experience.
Many people lucid dream yet relatively few attempt to go out of body during an LD. A pentacle or magick circle can be an effective portal for entering an astral or ethereal (RTZ) realm during a lucid dream.
Personally I have begun several OBEs from a dream. This method could be both practical and simple.

Grey
This method sounds exceedingly interesting. I'll do my best to give it a try.  :-)

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]

zorgblar

Quote from: jason on April 01, 2008, 18:00:40
...I've got an idea.

I read that one can construct an astral portal in their mind, & if it's vivid enough, it can help to travel reliably in the real time zone.

So... :?  :-)

I'm an artist-& I've had in the past, several lucid dream projections about using astral portals (one of them, it turned out, was an EXACT image from a pentacle in The Key Of Solomon).
It was possibly combined with one or two other Pentacles.So I'm wondering, do you think I could create a painting large enough, maybe put it on the cealing or something, that represents an image & symbols of an astral portal-basically A Huge Pentacle.It would follow rules of construction laid out in the Key of Solomon.

What do you think would happen? Any ideas? Warnings? Experiences? Thoughts?

:?

I looked up the key of solomon on the internet and it says its really just a book full of spells and one of the spells lets you summon up demons to do your biding.You don't do that do you? :|

SomehowSomewaySomeday

Quote from: zorgblar on April 04, 2008, 17:53:58I looked up the key of solomon on the internet and it says its really just a book full of spells and one of the spells lets you summon up demons to do your biding.You don't do that do you? :|

Heh, demons? No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Wisdom

zorgblar

Quote from: SomehowSomewaySomeday on April 04, 2008, 19:05:00
Heh, demons? No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Wisdom

Type in key of solomon on the same site and it says it's just a book for spellcasting.Your talking about the wrong book.And it DOES say one of the things you can do with that book is summon demons to do your biding.