De Ja Vu

Previous topic - Next topic

astral man

Hey guys, I was wondering why people such as myself have de ja vu. I have had sooo many accounts of it, it is not funny.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me why ppl have it

"People only see what they are prepared to see."

Swarooptheone

If anyone would have known for 100% sure, about why deja Vus happened, may be he would have got a nobel price or something!

I dont know why , but they happen too!

and, its all with premonitory dreams. . .

if u learn to remember your dreams , then the number of Deja Vus u will have will be more :)
You are invited to visit my online art gallery.
http://swaroop.deviantart.com/store/

Veccolo

Personally, I like the scientific theory of deja vus being false/misplaced memories.

You go to a town you never have been before, and see a building which you suddenly "remember" to have seen already in the past. The theory says that your brain confuses the memory of another, similar buidling with this new image, which results into you believing you have seen the house before, which actually isn't the case.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

Frank

Now that's weird, because yesterday I had a feeling the deja vu thread would come up again.

Yours,
Frank

Veccolo

Quote from: FrankNow that's weird, because yesterday I had a feeling the deja vu thread would come up again.

Yours,
Frank

I wouldn't call that deja vu. More some kind of presentiment. But still weird nonetheless.
I don't do much, and I do it well.

BillionNamesofGod

I raised this very interesting topic about de ja vu, while thinking at Remote Viewing.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17069&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It struck me that "time" is a altogether different concept while in OBE/Dreams,
than how we see it in normal waking life.

Interesting really, I've read a lot about Astral Realms "akashic  Records" where past, present and future records can be viewed.

It just struck me, that Remote Viewing is that type of projection of
a certain type of energy body, I suppose it also must explain Future Dreams - we must be able to enter these realms, sometimes, unconsciously (or consciously) to see Future Events.

Also, I suppose this makes the idea of Parallel Worlds more real, that when you percieve future realities, they aren't exactly Future realities that could be, but a possible one; it's as if you've homed in on one particular possible thread to some point, but it could happen other ways.

I read a very good the explanation of time perception, on some science article I read about Einstien and Cosmology, no idea where though. Hmmm... something like time is nothing like how we percieve it, we see a past, present and future, though our limited reality perception, but it's actually nothing like that. It's more like the past/present/future all exist at once. All very interesting...! I
can only assume while in Astral Projection, we have access to all dimensions, including time.

I always thought that the "de ja vu" effect was something to do with future perception of locales, in some kind of akashic record access type thing in dreams, as if we've stumbled accross a possible future thread you've explored in a dream in the past, and you can't pin it down, but that's why it's familiar.

To me this is what "de ja vu" is we must be unconsciously (or consciously) tapping
into a Future event, and a "de ja vu" is a side effect that is seen in normal life, re-living
some Astral Event, in the future.  In the same way if you hear a song it reminds
you of a certain time, or places hold memories of events that occurred there in the past.
These are suppose are different more common types of "de ja vu" of actual past events.
A proper "de ja vu" is a kind of reverse of that, you are feeling echoes of possible
future events explored while in some kind of Astral Projection, in the past which you've probably forgotten.  Naturally, memory works better if you use locations, so it's natural that events are tied to locations in your mind.
It also quite possible that a future event get's tied to a location in your mind in a Astral Projection, only to be recalled when you visit that location in real life.

Of course, this raises a question about how to do Remote Viewing/OBE/Dreaming of Future Events/Locales, and reading this:

Quote from: Kodemaster

Projection that may be a profound look into my future
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17245

"Before I had the projection, I was seeking to be shown my future. I even said to myself (or whomever), "I want to see my future"

So "de ja vu" makes some kind of sense to me, I'm just wondering if my explanation of "de ja vu" makes sense to everyone else!

Also, I think the angle that how events could unfold differently by one tiny change in the past, was very interestingly explored in a recent movie called "The Butterfly Effect".

Which leads to the question is it possible while in OBE/Astral to go back in the past and influence the thoughts of someone, hence changing the Future!

Telos

While looking this up, I found an article from the New York Times (registration required).
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/14/science/14deja.html?ex=1252900800&en=331d6db9dff26282&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

QuoteIn surveys, about two-thirds of adults report having had at least one déjà vu experience, and the odd sensation seems to occur most often in people with lively, frequently stimulated imaginations.

That makes sense, but the rest of this is real dodgy psychology in my humble opinion. (Is there any other kind? ;))

Quotethose with college or advanced degrees report having it more often than others, perhaps because they have encountered its sweet strangeness in the literary accounts of Proust and Tolstoy - or are more likely to rent the movie "Groundhog Day."

Thank you, once again, psychologists, for attempting to marketably judge my taste in literature and film.

But then they start making sense again.

QuoteRates seem to peak in young adulthood and to fall off gradually through retirement age, when, Dr. Brown suggests, many people live daily routines that really are familiar.

Some more paragraphs about experiments that look promising, but also appear very ignorant of the subjective experience - as usual.

The last paragraphs have an ambiguously pompous air, don't they?

QuoteSeveral people in e-mail contact with Dr. Brown say they experience déjà vu frequently, many times in a year. One of them, Suketu Naik, 26, a graduate student in Utah, has kept a diary of the sensations.

In one entry, Mr. Naik writes of attending a birthday party for a friend at a restaurant: "Everything, the conversation, the position of people, position of tables, plates were extraordinarily 'in place.' Most remarkable of all events. Very intense. Lasted for a long time. Which is odd - usually intensity and time are reciprocal. I could predict every single future event in this time period to utmost precision. Felt extraordinarily weird after this one. I sat there for the next minute to come back to reality."

But the evolving understanding of memory suggests he never really left.

Yeah, nothing unusual about that guy's experience!

BillionNamesofGod

Quote from: TelosWhile looking this up, I found an article from the New York Times (registration required).
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/14/science/14deja.html?ex=1252900800&en=331d6db9dff26282&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

There is no doubt in my mind normal science cannot ever explain dejavu.
As they are essentially dream related, and generally, a real striking dejavu is  something seen in a dream in the past.

Dreams is all about Astral Realms, and Astral Projection.  Scientists think NDEs are caused by chemicals in the brain, and they still don't know why we need to dream while we sleep, and from this they want to explain dejavu as unconcious memory recall?  I really don't think so.

I'm being reminded of my favourite quote:

"Imagination is more important then knowledge"..

I think the real interesting thing is that dejavu is most common in people with active imaginations.

This surely means people who try or practice astral projection must have  more dejavus than normal! As having active visual imagination is a key skill to even project.
I can see how someone with a very active imagination who does not remember his dreams or believe or know about Astral Projection, would find a de ja vu, very odd.

It certainly is to do with memory recall, but we are recalling shadow memories, created while in the Astral ! i.e. in dreams.  

I think it's  fun, it's also I think no conincendence that every book on self help I've read, say, the main tool is your imagination, is to imagine a successful future !!!

So I think really... Imagination is more important than knowledge!

hindukush

Well, i have seen dreams, remembered them, then later on i remember them and i have seen things that i can recall, but i have yet to see.  So if all is true then i should see these things in the future, as i child i can recall multiple images and details about these places, so i hope to see them.  And also learn more about us.   :)
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
                  -Stephen Hawking

Aos711

This is most-likely not correct, but here's some input from myself. :D

Of course we know that Deja Vu is one of the most complicated happenings in the world...or at least from where I stand and what I have heard. There are many theories proposed by scholars, genius'(would probably go along with scholars now wouldn't it?), and random people. Theories often having something about the brain structure or you having a memory lapse and *blah**blah**blah**blah*. My opinion on the matter is that Deja Vu has something behind it, if you're having Deja Vu then there must be some importance in that scene. I don't think it would happen if there was no reason.

Well, there's my insight. Enjoy!!!
Agility is how fast you run when an angry dog is behind you. :-P

Frank

Hi:

The clue is that within subjective reality there is no such thing as linear time.

Yours,
Frank