Did anybody follow Robert Monroe's ROTE?

Previous topic - Next topic

obe4life

I've been always wandering: did anybody manage to follow Robert Monroe's ROTEs and saw the different rings of thought energy around earth? did anybody succeed in meeting entities from other energy systems like AA and BB mentioned in his "Far journeys" book? did any body manage to visit their own original home energy system (like KT-95)? I noticed that other OBE pioneers like William Buhlman, Albert Taylor alongside others have their very own path that's totally different from Robert Monroe's. There are very few similarities though. I am asking because the journey of Robert Monroe seems very solid, very consistent and "logical". How come nobody was able to visit energy systems he described in full detail in his three books?

Xanth

Nobody will.  They were HIS interpretation of his experiences.  Experience is subjective. 
My highest suggestion would be this:  stop trying to have Robert Monroe's experience... and just have your own.  :)

obe4life

I know what you mean, but Robert Monroe's journey is considered to be a reference for any OBE practitioner. My favourite chapter in his "Far journeys" book is the chapter where he travel to past the year 3000 in the future when he can very easily know how it feels to be a cloud in the sky, a fish in the water, a panther in the jungle, a leaf  of a tree and a bird flying in the sky.. that's truly amazing!

Xanth

Quote from: obe4life on June 13, 2016, 09:15:00
I know what you mean, but Robert Monroe's journey is considered to be a reference for any OBE practitioner.
Robert Monroe didn't learn this until much later in his life, and he actually figures it out while writing his third (last) book... he ultimately learned that experience is subjective and that everything he wrote about in his first two books basically became nothing more than a good read.  The problem with this is that people focus so heavily on those first two books... AND the fact that most people simply don't have a clue about what projection is, it's like the perfect storm of confusion.  People read what they want to read and ignore everything else.  It's your time to waste, go nuts. 

I wasted 10 years of my life wanting to believe everything I read about in his books and others... suffice to say I now feel cheated.

QuoteMy favourite chapter in his "Far journeys" book is the chapter where he travel to past the year 3000 in the future when he can very easily know how it feels to be a cloud in the sky, a fish in the water, a panther in the jungle, a leaf  of a tree and a bird flying in the sky.. that's truly amazing!
Makes for a good read, doesn't it?  :)
Don't focus so much on it though.  Work on having YOUR OWN experiences. 

obe4life

You're right. I think all testimonials reported by people who attended courses at the Monroe Institute based on what you said. They live the "Robert Monroe atmosphere" and psychological effect so when they go out of their bodies they automatically find themselves in his own realms.

Xanth

Quote from: obe4life on June 15, 2016, 12:18:41
You're right. I think all testimonials reported by people who attended courses at the Monroe Institute based on what you said. They live the "Robert Monroe atmosphere" and psychological effect so when they go out of their bodies they automatically find themselves in his own realms.
Not exactly, but close.

When they project, they find themselves in THEIR representation of what they believe Robert Monroe experienced.

See the difference there?

Phildan1

"I wasted 10 years of my life wanting to believe everything I read about in his books and others... suffice to say I now feel cheated.
Makes for a good read, doesn't it?  :)
Don't focus so much on it though.  Work on having YOUR OWN experiences."

Xanth, I did this in 7-8 months. Read all books which is related to OBE or similars (I finished just the Far Journeys and I cound't understand Monroe's terms lol... hard read), dive in the whole internet for information, before I found the Pulse. The most of the informations - even in books - in my opinion is first of all a better insight to this whole subject and the next is that it will not help you achieve projection. I needed to forget every religious and mystic stuff which I've read and it is not so easy neither so hard lol. But I think I needed to start somewhere and thankfully to my intelligence and Your and Szaxx's help I simplified it down  : )  Girls and guys don't try to hang on belief constructs! I know it is hard. What is your aim? To know the truth or just talk with angels, ETs, or see places in RTZ? It is up to you but it is hard work (for me, to even achieve conscious phasing).

You need to believe only in yourself and even if other's are achieving spontaneous OBE's, I had just dreams  but they can't reproduce their instant OBE's lol. I now have much more lucid dreams and I started to realize the messages after we talked out with Szaxx. But the main thing in this is that nobody is like "You". You have a path, others have their own. Just don't stop if nothing happens, I'm living my daily life in a good mood, do whatever I want and practice too. The traditional OBE didn't work for me, it was just months of chakra igniting! It is not OBE or phasing, it is keeping your attention on your body... very misleading, and I can't even understand how others got "out" this way lol.

I'm sharing this opinion to newbies and others who thinks nothing will work. It will. Keep close attention to your dreams because your lucidity could go upper. Write the dreams down, and the recall could be better over time. Better than nothing : )

I hope I inspire others in some way, sorry Xanth I just couldn't pass your comment by with the familiar feeling about your years - thank you all : )
Visit my blog site: http://daily-spirit.com

Nameless

When I first started on this journey I said no, not yet. I had to think about it. I read a bit online and thought a bit more. In the end I decided I knew pretty much everything I needed to know, that is for now. I thought back to when I was kid. I did absolutely nothing and went on so many adventures and knew so many things and had so many gifts it was incredible. Being a kid though I didn't recognize that and had no clue that any of it was a gift or talent. What I learned then is just now coming to the forefront.

Having made that determination I decided to just 'do it' the same way I did then. I have an amazing amount of trust and simply trust I will be shown whatever I need. If I'm looking for something specific I simply ask. I then go to bed, close my eyes and allow whatever happens.

It's simple, just allow events to unfold. If you want something specific, ask. If you don't get it, have patience and know the time is not right.

In a way I am both new and old at this. I don't always feel comfortable giving guidance but I strongly feel that everything we talk about on this forum should be simple and intuitive.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.