Did I almost have an OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverStone44

I was trying to have an OBE, so i laid down and started to relax my body, I closed my eyes and concentrated on looking at my forehead (third eye). Then, I started to feel a rising sensation, like my chest was rising followed by the rest of my body, while my heart rate was going insanely fast. Also, i'm pretty sure i kept seeing light flickering. Then I opened my eyes because the sensation was so weird and foreign to me.

I didn't feel any vibrations, I didn't hear anything, I only saw flickers of light, but i'm pretty sure I was seeing it with my real physical eyes still. Also it happened only after relaxing for a good 5 minutes. So that's why Im not sure if it was an OBE or not.

Not really sure what happened?

Oh, also, i never actually saw green, but I had a strong feeling that for some reason the color green was surrounding my body.
Weird.

Any ideas?

Beowulf810

You most likely were entering trance but opening your eyes terminated the process. Your heart racing was probably the heart charka but could have been your physical heart the lights ect are nuro-discharges nothing to worry about but yeah you were entering the first stage of trance. next time relax and go with the flow and remember astral projection is a journey not a destination    :-D   
If i could meet god i would ask him why did he make ugly women and stupid people because it just don't seem fair.

SilverStone44

Quote from: Beowulf810 on January 22, 2010, 14:35:29
You most likely were entering trance but opening your eyes terminated the process. Your heart racing was probably the heart charka but could have been your physical heart the lights ect are nuro-discharges nothing to worry about but yeah you were entering the first stage of trance. next time relax and go with the flow and remember astral projection is a journey not a destination    :-D   

So, does this happen before the feelings of vibrations?
Sorry, i'm very new at this.

Beowulf810

the sensations described in this post are just the start of the trance state if you do have an OBE you will know it for sure
If i could meet god i would ask him why did he make ugly women and stupid people because it just don't seem fair.

Asi911

Quote from: SilverStone44 on January 22, 2010, 14:38:53
So, does this happen before the feelings of vibrations?
Sorry, i'm very new at this.

Vibrations are not mandatory for OBE or AP.
Some people have them, Some people don't.
Personally, i used to have them in the beginning, now i don't.

Good luck!

CFTraveler

The light flashes are part of trance, but not necessarily a precursor for an OBE.  The heart sensations are, and vibrations usually happen to first-time conscious projectors, and, like the previous poster said, don't always happen, and even if they do, it doesn't mean it's 'go' time- it means you're almost there.

royzgirl1

I'm quite sure I am posting this in the wrong place but since I am new to this site I will ask your forgiveness and for your kind direction!
I have had the same experience many many times over many years. I have told a few people who think I have lost my mind, perhaps they are correct. Anyhow..what happens is that upon coming to a concious state after sleep or ??? I feel very shaky inside and almost to the point of twitches all over, as this is happening, I am also seeing flashing images one after the other at a very rapid speed, and most of which I can make out, it used to be just letters, numbers, simple patterns. Now I see flashes of scenery  and at times still simple images, such as flowers, houses, sun, fish..just random stuff. The images used to look like the images on an old Green screen computer monitor but now seem more black and white, it makes no sense to me. I am not awake but feel as though I'm coming back to a wakeful state through these images and shaky feelings. This probably makes no sense to anyone. But if anyone has had any similar experience I would be interested to learn about it. If you have any input on what may be occuring that would also be appreciated.
thanks, Chris

kurtykurt42

What you are experiencing is very common for people that practice astral projection and energy body development on a regular bases. Oh yea, and welcome to the forum!  :-D

Valkry

Hi Silverstone, welcome to the forum!

The flashing of light is very common with me when I am deep in trance.  If I happen to open my eyes at this point, the entire room flashes for awhile, lol.

Usually right before I project, the flashing becomes actual intricate light patterns that are very, very vivid.

Simo

When I see flashing light (fireplace,monitor) I can see letters in my own language but i never managed to experiment on reading it  :-o
Who am I is not important...My message is...