Did you already project with a low awareness? How to overcome it and be aware?

Previous topic - Next topic

soki

Hi everyone! I had another AP earlier I'm gonna paste from where I posted it:

Just had another AP if I can say. I was in my bed for the second time trying to AP today (tried a little waking up this morning couldn't do it at all so I won't count 3 times) and I phased in a car it was like an old mustang kind of car. The weirdest thing is I could see myself driving, as if I were in the passenger seat. I wasn't watching the road nor did I see any environment outside the car. We were rolling (me and myself??? lol) and I was looking at me. The ''me'' driving shifted in what would have been the third (if I think about how fast we seemed to be rolling and the fact that ''Driving Me'' shifted upward). It lasted about 5 seconds (a little longer than the last one) and I came back hearing myself snoring. I think I strangled with my saliva and that's what pulled me back. So again there is no memory missing about the experience, I was in my bed, then there, then in my bed. It doesn't feel like ''AP'' since I'm not even aware I'm in my bed trying to AP. I just phase in a scene and play it before coming back to my bed. I have a whole lot of work to do to be able to really experience the astral. A good reason to maybe give it a third try after supper!

Ok so I was wondering have you ever projected without being aware you are in projection? What I'm doing is clearly phasing if you ask me (I use visualisation) but I thought that when you phased you had your waking awareness. The two experiences I had in the last 2 days were without any awareness of what I had done to get there or that I was AP'ing. I know I have to work on it but little tricks wouldn't be bad for me at this stage! I wish I could experience AP's with the same awareness I have now, and I want to make them last longer! Thank you in advance!

Cool101

What happened to me was i thought i was in a dream when i realised i was at first thats when i started doing a few tests to see if i was astral projecting so my advice just reaseach a few tests u could do to tell if u are astral projecting or not it worked for me

PlasmaAstralProjection

I don't know about how one can become aware if they aren't aware that they are aware in the first place. But I do know that once you become aware that you can increase your consciousness and have less of a chance of being pulled back to your body by looking at your hands. squeezing them, and rubbing them together. Right along with meditating in your AP, all to help increase lucidity.

soki

Yes cool101 I'll try and see!

And I knew these tricks to put all of your awareness in the AP  PlasmaAstralProjection but I really just don't know it goes so fast I don't have the time to think of anything! I probably have to work making it last longer and I'll see after what I can improve. One step at the time I guess.

Interesting thing I watched a video of Robert Bruce in which he explains that at the beginning it's better to make your experiences last from 10 to 20 seconds to remember it all. And i =f your body feels you've been out for too long and you will forget things he pulls you back automatically so you can remember everything. He says it's normal since someone's not used to being out of body. We'll see! If I rely on my experiences I always progress, even if by little steps. But each time is better than the last one or almost, so if it keeps on like that i won't stay blocked at this stage. I don't doubt than in a month I'll be living greater experiences. I have work to do!

PlasmaAstralProjection

Yeah I read the same thing you are talking about by Robert Bruce years ago. LOL Keep up the good work.

Raymond

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on March 04, 2015, 00:00:38
I don't know about how one can become aware if they aren't aware that they are aware in the first place. But I do know that once you become aware that you can increase your consciousness and have less of a chance of being pulled back to your body by looking at your hands. squeezing them, and rubbing them together. Right along with meditating in your AP, all to help increase lucidity.

err meditating in your AP? I don't recommend that in the NP, at least not in the early days. AP'ing without a constant, active goal is a sure way to make your awareness zap back to the physical really fast.

Has happened to me heaps of times.
A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

soki

Thank you for the replies Xanth and Raymond! I already read a big part of your site along with your experiences and I had read these articles you wrote. But as I was reading the second again right now it gave me a little hint, which would be to give importance to my AP's so it brings a basic level of awareness to the experience and give me the chance to raise my awareness afterward. I'm giving them enough importance I think, I have an AP journal and I'm quite active on the forum lately, so with time it will come I hope! Thanks!

Szaxx

If you can get to this stage easily, keep doing it. Eventually your awareness will click as you want waking awareness in the NP so much.
Try some affirmations on doing exactly that. It may take a month of em but it will work in the end.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

For myself, I don't remember many of my dreams, mostly because I don't actively try.
First thing I think about when I wake up in the morning is actually getting my butt out of bed... that's the hardest part.  Soooooo toasty warm.  :)

The point is that the first thing I SHOULD be thinking about is what I was just experiencing, not what I'm GOING to be experiencing. 

People don't forget dreams because they're not interested.  They forget dreams for the same reason you forget where you put your keys in the morning:  you weren't paying attention.

Pay attention, bring your awareness to everything you're doing and you won't forget.  :)

Remembering your dreams is NO DIFFERENT than remembering anything else in your life.  If you don't put importance on it enough to want to remember... then you won't remember.

soki