Did you try this? What do you think about this?

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphm

If you use the search function of this site you could look them all up. I know there was a discussion of Salvia a while back, and other drugs were discussed also, with the concensus that they may work but you will not have as much control over your experience as you would if you induced it without drugs. I have heard of people having obe type experiences while in the great pyramid and at other sacred sites. I had a friend that had a obe from cranial sacral therapy, so a lot of body work/massage could do i ttoo.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

density

quote:
Originally posted by ralphm:
If you use the search function of this site you could look them all up. I know there was a discussion of Salvia a while back, and other drugs were discussed also, with the concensus that they may work but you will not have as much control over your experience as you would if you induced it without drugs. I have heard of people having obe type experiences while in the great pyramid and at other sacred sites. I had a friend that had a obe from cranial sacral therapy, so a lot of body work/massage could do i ttoo.

Yes, I've seen it now. The discussed drugs were Salvia, ketamine and "lucid dragon" (which is 90% salvia). Unfortunately no one tried to analyse why it was different. also no one seemed to talk about "low dosages" that cannot induce anything without the efforts of the subject.

btw. what is a cranial sacral therapy?

Jeff_Mash

I have never used any drugs (legal or illegal) to help aid in my OBE's.  I would hate to be on something and have it effect my experience.  Call me stubborn, but I guess I feel that if I can't do this on my own without outside chemical influences, then it just wouldn't be natural to do.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

density

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Mash:
I have never used any drugs (legal or illegal) to help aid in my OBE's.  I would hate to be on something and have it effect my experience.  Call me stubborn, but I guess I feel that if I can't do this on my own without outside chemical influences, then it just wouldn't be natural to do.

I would not call that stubborn. I personally think the only really useful "tools" listed in my post could be the isolation tank, pyramid (if they do work) and hypnosis. That is, however, my personal opinion based on general knowledge. A mexican indian would probably choose salvia from the list. I only try to understand why he would do so.

The key to this problem is that your answer as well as your thinking is that of a majority in this forum (at least i think that it is so). A minority of people who feel difficulties of even getting any kind of experience will give up even before someone could tell them a way how to do it.

I think that makes sense. You will not find anyone here who has tried it for a very long time without any kind of success. For this kind of person a "chemical" might be the right choice.

That is why I asked for Pentathol. It is an anaesthetic that was used by hypnotists when the subject could not be hypnotised in a normal way. OBEs are usually self-induced so we have to make the decision on our own. No doctor tells us what to do. No doctor tries to analyse why it does not work.

Imagine OBEs were natural things that happen in 95% of the population. Imagine OBEs were necessary for our mental health. How would a doctor treat a "patient" who had difficulties with obtaining an OBE.

I think if the choice goes to drugs the dosage is very important. It should be "just enough" to reach an OBE, not a killer dose that is aimed at reaching the nirvana in one leap. It should be administered irregularily. Today I try it with and tomorrow without to train the individual to reach the goal one day without help.

amcturbo

My first OBE's (back to back) were as a result of a combination of things done last Christmas, when I had a pinched nerve due to a dislocated neck vertibrae.

1) Muscle Relaxer drug (prescription Vicoten)
   - Relaxed my body A LOT (but not knocked out like some people)
2) Hypnosis
   - Listened to "Activating Inner Healer" hypno CD 3-4 times daily
3) Rest
   - Done in conjunction with CD
   - I got enough rest to be totally mentally and physically refreshed

I think the above combination was what resulted in my having those first TWO OBE's, albiet, they were spontaneous conscious OBE's.  After the CD was done, I continued laying down, thinking of nothing, really ... just checking out the back of my eyelids (light show).  Eventually, I passed into the Body-Asleep Mind-Awake state ... I couldn't feel my body at all.  From there, I automatically entered some Lucid Dreams and then experienced my first OBE's.

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann

density

quote:
Originally posted by amcturbo:

1) Muscle Relaxer drug (prescription Vicoten)
   - Relaxed my body A LOT (but not knocked out like some people)

Do you know other names of the drug? I mean except the trade name.
How was it applied? Oral? Intraveinous? Intramuscular?

quote:

2) Hypnosis
   - Listened to "Activating Inner Healer" hypno CD 3-4 times daily

Can you describe the CD? I mean how does it put you in hypnosis?

Have you ever tried hypnosis induced by a hypnotist? What is (if any) the difference to the CD?

***Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open.***

amcturbo

Torben,
Ni how ma?

quote:
Originally posted by density:
Q #1: Do you know other names of the drug? I mean except the trade name.
How was it applied? Oral? Intraveinous? Intramuscular?

A #1: I don't know the *other* names of Prescription Vicoten.  It is administered ORALLY ... and CAN BE ADDICTIVE.  For most people (I am an EXCEPTION) it usually knocks you right out to unconscious sleep land.  I wouldn't recommend using it due to the addictive nature of the substance ... besides, there are *other* ways to acheive the RELAXED state ... much SAFER ways & just as EFFECTIVE ways ... see answer #3 below.

Q #2: Can you describe the CD? I mean how does it put you in hypnosis?

That CD was purchased of Ebay "Activiting your Inner Healer" and utilizes a dual voice induction.  It targets your inner healer so that you are actively healing your body... I have since sold the CD and moved on to other hypnosis programs.

Q #3: Have you ever tried hypnosis induced by a hypnotist? What is (if any) the difference to the CD?

A #3: Yes, I have seen a hypnotherapist and there are similarities and differences to both.  I have noticed that I generally stay much more alert when listening to the therapist, than while listening to a CD w/headphones.  It seems that the headphones put my focus internal, while the therapist helps to maintain an external focus.  Either method, I obtain a deep trance state that works.

As an addition to A #1 above, I would recommend seeing a qualified hypnotherapist to do the following:  Have him/her take you to that body asleep/mind awake state and ANCHOR IT.  Anchoring is a technique that conditions the mind to associate *a state* to a certain stimuli, such as pressing your index and thumb together.  So, in the future, when you press your two fingers together, the "body asleep, mind awake" state is automatically induced.

***Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open.***

P.S.  That quote is GREAT!

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann

"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

density

quote:
Originally posted by amcturbo:
Torben,
Ni how ma?

Wo feichang hao! Ni ne?

quote:

As an addition to A #1 above, I would recommend seeing a qualified hypnotherapist to do the following:  Have him/her take you to that body asleep/mind awake state and ANCHOR IT.  Anchoring is a technique that conditions the mind to associate *a state* to a certain stimuli, such as pressing your index and thumb together.  So, in the future, when you press your two fingers together, the "body asleep, mind awake" state is automatically induced.

It is a common method to suggest the subject under hypnosis that he can reach the trance state easier and deeper the next time. The hypnotist could even suggest the ability of "autohypnosis" i.e. the subject can reach the hypnagogic state without help AND can give himself suggestions.

I'd like to find a hypnotist here. Unfortunately they seem to be rare in this part of the planet.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open."  -  unknown

"Real science can be far stranger than science fiction and much more satisfying."   - Stephen Hawking

Windameir

amcturbo
Hi I was wondering about the drug you mentioned Vicoten? are you sure that was the name of it ? I wasn't Vicoden by any chance? which is a painkiller and is Tylonol and Codiine depending on the perscription the amount of Tylonol and codine very greatly I was just wondering because as some of you know my back is a real mess and at times over the last 10 years or so I have taken various forms of vicoden by the handfull (by perscription by the way) and never had it cause an obe (darnit!)
I was just curious

Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

density

Does anyone of you have tried to use any of the following methods to induce an OBE?
What are your experiences?
If not what do you think about them?

- Isolation Tanks
- Hypnosis (did anyone have an OBE under hypnosis or tried to reach it from there?)
- Pentathol (an anaesthetic that also can be used for hypnosis)
- Ketamine (an anaesthetic that is said to induce NDEs)
- Salvia Divinorum Leaves (a psychoactive drug)
- Pyramidal Structures
- The Great Pyramid (I'd really like to know if anyone tried this in Egypt)
- Special Sounds
- Sound rooms (I don't know the right name. A room where you can't hear anything)
- Dynashperes (or any other "new energy" generator)
- Nootropics (like gingko extracts, hydergine, piracetam etc.)
- Muscle relexants

If you have used any of these, what are the differences to a "normal" OBE?

Do you know of other things that might help with OBEs? Including those that are possibly out of reach (e.g. zero-gravity).

Pentathol is better known as "truth serum" from films (especially 60s). It is or was used to induce a hypnotic state when the subject is not able to reach the state by normal hypnosis.
Hypnosis was described as a state "similar" or the "same" as the trance state by different mediums. So it might be possible that it could induce an OBE as well if the subject wishes so.
Pentathol for hypnosis is usually used in much lower doses than as an anaesthetic.

Ketamine was mentioned in this forum, but the exact differences between Ketamine "OBEs" and "normal" OBEs were not told. Ketamine was said to have significant differences to normal OBEs. What exactly are they? Why is a ketamine experience not "controllable"? How much ketamine is needed for an OBE/NDE experience? Is it more or less than the dosage for anaesthesia?

Salvia was mentioned in this forum. Can anybody describe what the exact difference to a "normal" OBE is? What was the dosage? Can Salvia at "low" doses "help" to induce an OBE?

There was one report of an "egyptologist" who stayed in the Great Pyramid overnight and made himself comfortable in the sarcophagus in the King's Chamber. What followed was an experience that could be called an OBE. Did anyone try this? Do you know this report? Is there any evidence for its credibility? Did anyone try it in smaller pyramids or homepyramids?

Isolation tank were invented in order to see what happens if the mind had no stimulus from outside. The tank is usually filled with a salt solution so that your body is lighter than the water. The water is the same temperature as your skin and it is absolutely dark and silent in the tank. Has anyone of you seen "Altered States"?

Sounds. Some sounds can activivate the energy body. Sounds like "OM" are said to do this. Can repetitive sounds stimulate the energy body in a way that it can induce or help to induce an OBE?