Difference between AP and Dream- final word

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

I think it's all about perspective.
In an LD you're creating the dream events.
In an AP you're living them whilke affecting the scenery and surroundings.

The difference is in the level on awareness.

2cents & L&L
jouni

Tombo

In dreams if you read something look away and read it again, it changes. If you look at your hand it melts. If you look too long at the same point you wake up. If you don't be careful you slip back into the dream. Does this happen in AP as well? And if not, has anybody a logical explanation for that fact, assuming the two differ only level of awareness? [?][?][?]
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

clandestino

hi Tom,
Like Jilola says, its a different level of awareness. I believe there are several aspects to this awareness, including :

1) How clear your mind is at the time - is it as clear as your waking life ? Or is it restless, drifting, as during a dream, or when on the brink of sleep ?

2) How clearly your mind perceives. This differs from point (1) in that your mind can be clear, but the things that it sees / feels / hears are confusing. You could compare it to a tv station that is not properly tuned in.

Ok - back to your point:  
quote:
In dreams if you read something look away and read it again, it changes. If you look at your hand it melts. If you look too long at the same point you wake up. If you don't be careful you slip back into the dream. Does this happen in AP as well? And if not, has anybody a logical explanation for that fact, assuming the two differ only level of awareness?

I believe this happens because your mind is not holding the same focus of awareness - it is drifting. Castaneda says with practise, the mind can hold focus on an object. In AP, the events you experience are influenced by thought / the mind. Therefore, to answer your point, dreams and AP differ in levels of awareness. In Astral projection, the focus of your mind determines whether the hands "melt". In dreams, this focus is lacking.

Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Kazbadan

All of you are talking just like if AP it´s nothing more than being in a very lucid and real dream. That´s somehow frustrating. I thought that AP iti´s so real as real life but with the difference that you are in an astral body.

The way that you are talking it seems that AP it´s an experience that happens in you mind, not so real like the real life. That is frustrating enough for makink me think a little better if i wanna to AP. I already had lucid dreams once, and they just look like a dream and nothing more. If AP is a little more than that....[:(]
I love you!

beavis

final word... hahahahahahahaha ha ha hahahaha hahahahahah ahahahaha

clandestino

Hi Kazbadan,

I've had plenty of lucid dreams....I know its a lucid dream, because I say to myself "woo hoo !!! i'm in a lucid dream!"

I've only had a few astral projections. Each one has been so real that I've had to check whether I was in the physical world or not. They have actually felt more real than daily life !

Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Kazbadan

ahh!, now that´s interesting! I will begin in the next days trying to AP too. I hope that i can do it well. [;)]

I love you!

lucid dancer

you assume that dreams are all in your head

Tombo

thanks clandestino! that kind of makes sense.

To Kazbadan: Well I didn't have a AP but I has several lucid dreams and to me they are as real as waking life! I actually doubt that my brain can create a such realistic world on it's own.  Well If It could, now that would be an awsome thing as well! If your brain is so powerful, what makes you sure that you "real" Life isn't only in your head as well!
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Graupel

Isn't AP projecting into other dimensions that exist (which are real) in the universe, and not inside your own mind as a dream would consist of?

travelinbob

Lately I've been having some EXTREMLY realistic dreams (since I've been doing NEW). They usually involved some area of my personal or professional that was out of whak. Their realism makes me question the situation, once awake, for a few seconds. But then I realize they are dreams. Its almost as a partial lucidity because they happen in multiple levels. That is, I wake up within the dream to analyze the previous dream and some other situation arises. But I am not lucid in them.

I've also had lucid dreams and a few OBEs. No AP's yet. And I can tell the difference betweent the these extremely real dreams and OBEz. The key lies in the self-awarness found in OBEs. I can only go OBE from LDs and yest they too feel different. OBEs are more clear then LDs for me. OBE's are less fuzzy. Unfortunatley I'm still not confident enough about my recall capacity for OBEs so I keep them real short. Too short to enjoy. But just having these short ones feels nice.

Kazbadan

It seem s that many people new to AP (like me) is asking if actually they have dreamed or Astral Projected. Since i never AP, my answer will be based on a simple argument:
- a dream (even a lucid dream), it´s always a dream and you will notice it; you know that you are in a dream, even it´s very real.
- people that AP, says that it´s indeed, a real experience. They were not dreaming. Their feeling it was like being normally in their body, but just in a astral body. All the rest of the experience was so real, as if they were (and they really were in fact) awakened normally. The only difference between AP and real life, it is only the body.

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT AP: I´m correct?

I love you!