Everyone Projects Every Day/Night, right?

Previous topic - Next topic

fredhedd

i'm very skeptical about the dream world being part of the astral that is projected to from the conscious projections.  i'm sure if it is once i've mastered lucidity then i'll find out otherwise.  it really doesnt make sense though that we don't recall oobe's more if we do project every night.  i'm w/ you in the sense taht i'm not sure if i believe everyone does everynight.  i guess the more experienced projectors or those w/ excellent abilities to use astral sight would be able to see us pop out if they were present while we were asleep.  this is where i assume the information comes from.  i also believe that it would be much easier to raise energy in your astral body while it was in the astral and not in your physical.  this would make sense as to why it was outside of your body while you were asleep, so you would rest faster.  once when i oobe'd i flew next to my sleeping relatives to see if i could see their astral bodies or the silver cord.  i couldn't.  doesnt mean anything though.   good question as to why we don't remember it all either.  

i know this goes against the guy who 'wrote the book' but i'm still very skeptical about the whole memory download thing also.  i'm going to have to experience the download deal while im out and making a psychic connection w/ my physical to actually believe that part.  even then i'm going to be looking for other answers.  if that is true then why doesn't it work the same way for dreams?  especially if dreams are part of the astral.  sometimes you don't recall parts of a dream for a week or so until you maybe see something  that reminded you of  a part.  lots to think about here.

Lysear

famous writer on the subject sylvan muldoon suggests a definite link between dreaming and the astral because he argues the purpose of dreaming is to recharge. So your astral body moves slightly out of coincidence every night to charge up. So if you dream while doing this can you not become lucid when already out and try and move out further by for example dreaming of flying up ?

I Like to think so            

Lysear

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by PeacefulWarrior:
Do you believe this?  What proof do we have?

Here's the way I look at it, and you can tell me if you all agree or not.

What is an OBE or an AP?  When it all comes down to it, it's nothing more than an altered state of consciousness.  Your conscious awareness is altered in a way which allows you to percieve that which you wouldn't normally percieve in a *normal* physically awake standard.  Even those who can be physically awake and project their consciousness (like Donna) can admit that their consciousness is altered a little bit.

With that being said, when we all lay down to sleep, what happens?  Many people say, "We all go out of our bodies when we sleep."  What does that mean?  To me, that statement could be worded better by saying, "We all enter an altered state of consciousness when we sleep."

I believe that to be true.  Whether you lay down and dream, project, or simply don't remember anything at all, you're still in an altered state of consciousness, or else you would remain awak and aware of your bedroom everytime you wanted to sleep!

So IMO, we all enter an altered state of consciousness when we sleep.  Because of this, we all have the ability to learn how to become AWARE of this altered state, which consequently induces an OBE/AP or LD.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

PeacefulWarrior

Interesting comments...regarding memory download, I for one do subscribe to the theory...but of course it is a theory.  Robert is definetly on to something and he does have a lot of personal experience to back his claims.  I think his next step should be gathering serious empirical evidence.  With more "scientific" observations he could publish a psychological/spiritual paper that I for one would drool over.

fides quaerens intellectum
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

PeacefulWarrior

Do you believe this?  What proof do we have?  I believe it, but why don't more people ever remember, or do they?  Do they think it's just a dream?  What do you think about this?  Do you talk to friends, family members, etc and hear them say "You know, I had the strangest dream..." and then go on to explain something that sounds an awful like an OBE?

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------